Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Waze not working fully on Apple CarPlay

Hi, I find Waze to be the best mapping app for getting around town with. But recently it has stop working properly, the only touchscreen buttons that works is the stop and mic button.

I am using the latest IOS and I do think the Lexus software is also up to date. When I press the other buttons like the one to report something or the very handy one the detour, they just grey out when touched and then bright again.

I have delete the app and reinstalled it and that has not worked ( Also tuned it off and on).

Given that CarPlay is just a way to get your phone screen to show on the car infotainment screen, most problems can be found to be the fault of the phone not playing nicely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

problems can be found to be the fault of the phone not playing nicely.

I will turn CarPlay off and just try the phone. Thanks

5 hours ago, WhiteHart said:

Hi, I find Waze to be the best mapping app for getting around town with. But recently it has stop working properly, the only touchscreen buttons that works is the stop and mic button.

I am using the latest IOS and I do think the Lexus software is also up to date. When I press the other buttons like the one to report something or the very handy one the detour, they just grey out when touched and then bright again.

I have delete the app and reinstalled it and that has not worked ( Also tuned it off and on).

My Waze seems to be working as expected on my android auto (NX450h+).

I'm addicted to Sat Navs , my app of choice right now is Magic Earth. It works really well with Android auto.

I know there are lots of nav apps out there, all with pros and cons. I find ME easy to use, especially if you need to add multi waypoints and it's pleasant to use and view.

• Like 1

An update on Waze not working, old men should not be allowed near tech. Saying my IOS was up to date was correct but I am using IOS 18 beta and was about to go back to 17 when apple released an update. 
 And now all is working again. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Serguei said:

Is Waze better than Apple Maps?

I found Apple Maps to be surprisingly good. 

I find Waze to be very good it's always updating speed and reports in real time and offers alternative routes also quickly. Some days I use it just to get to work.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links