Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

RX450h+ real world electric range

Hi, I’m coming from a NX450h where I easily getting over 40miles in summer. What can I expect from the RX.  Unfortunately I misread the 67km range for miles originally.

Also has anyone noticed a difference in acceleration from NX to RX,  the car I tested was not plug in but seemed to need pushing more than the NX but once at cruising speed was very quiet and massively more comfortable

Hi David

I recently ran my RX450h+ exclusively in HV mode  for a week and achieved an impressive 55mpg. 

Last Sunday I got 54.5 miles in EV mode on a mixed journey of city and motorway driving. The rise in temperatures certainly adds a few miles and is better than when I had my NX450h.

Over my first 3400 miles with the car and calculated on a brim to brim refuelling basis with the cost of electrical recharges converted to the cost of petrol I am getting an overall 70.99mpg. 

RX is probably marginally slower in acceleration terms when compared with the NX given its bulk but is still more than adequate when the combined ev/ice kicks in for overtaking manoeuvres. As you say the RX is supremely comfortable.

• Like 3

Hi David, my RX shows an EV range of c54 miles through the App, but the reality through July when I was doing daily journeys that were a combination of 50% country roads and 50% dual carriageway was actually achieving c42-44 miles. My average speed during July was 27mph, so I’m not racing … hope this helps 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm getting pretty much the same as Xez, +50 miles is a pipe-dream for me. I wonder if the particular model you have is significant?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Model may make a slight difference with the difference in weight and possibly different tyres, but I suspect the type of journey may be most significant (other than a heavier right foot).  I rarely got over 40 miles on my NX but that was a lot of stop start traffic iwith roundabouts then getting up to 60 then more roundabouts, that’s Milton Keynes for you!

with more even type roads I suspect I would have got more.  Sounds like I will get similar mileage perhaps 1-2 miles less as the car will be heavier.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom, said:

I regularly get 50/51 miles range in EV with A/C off David.

Tom

On a 51 mile round trip in summer temperatures I can complete the full journey in ev mode with aircon on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Ken R said:

On a 51 mile round trip in summer temperatures I can complete the full journey in ev mode with aircon on

Hi Ken, that’s really impressive and also very interesting. Yesterday I did my regular trip of 50/50 dual carriageway and local roads with the EV range showing 54 but the car “only” returning 41 actual miles before the HV kicked in. My whole life miles per kilowatt hour is showing 2.8, is your car showing significantly better? Cheers Kevin 

BTW, HV kicks in sometimes even when running on EV which tends to confuse the issue. My guess is that the ICE needs to run in order to charge the 12v Battery, but I may be wrong.

Tom

On 8/1/2024 at 9:20 PM, Richolf said:

Hi, I’m coming from a NX450h where I easily getting over 40miles in summer. What can I expect from the RX.  Unfortunately I misread the 67km range for miles originally.

Also has anyone noticed a difference in acceleration from NX to RX,  the car I tested was not plug in but seemed to need pushing more than the NX but once at cruising speed was very quiet and massively more comfortable

David , you say the RX is much more comfortable than the NX, could you expand a bit on why the RX is ahead,  the reviews I've seen seem to say the NX is fine other than the raucous engine when accelerating hard.

Thanks 

On 8/1/2024 at 9:20 PM, Richolf said:

David , you say the RX is much more comfortable than the NX, could you expand a bit on why the RX is ahead,  the reviews I've seen seem to say the NX is fine other than the raucous engine when accelerating hard.

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Xez said:

Hi Ken, that’s really impressive and also very interesting. Yesterday I did my regular trip of 50/50 dual carriageway and local roads with the EV range showing 54 but the car “only” returning 41 actual miles before the HV kicked in. My whole life miles per kilowatt hour is showing 2.8, is your car showing significantly better? Cheers Kevin 

Hi Kevin

Mine sitting at 3.3 at the moment.

3 hours ago, Ken R said:

Mine sitting at 3.3 at the moment.

Wow, that’s quite some difference to what I’ve achieved, well done. I score between 81-85 on the App but apparently need to do better (that rather reminds me of my school reports 😁)

Kevin, 

At the end of the winter mine was reading around 2.8, so I re-set it so I could get an idea how it performs in the warmer weather. With some light-footed driving it got up to 3.3 at one stage. 

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Tony,

the Rx felt much more comfortable over bumps.  Having driven the same roads in the NX and RX the RX seemed to me to absorb the bumps more both in feeling and noise.  The seats also seemed slightly more comfortable to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xez said:

Wow, that’s quite some difference to what I’ve achieved, well done. I score between 81-85 on the App but apparently need to do better (that rather reminds me of my school reports 😁)

My lowest monthly score on the app has been 82 and best 92 (this month).

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Richolf said:

Hi Tony,

the Rx felt much more comfortable over bumps.  Having driven the same roads in the NX and RX the RX seemed to me to absorb the bumps more both in feeling and noise.  The seats also seemed slightly more comfortable to me.

Agree. Whilst the NX was always comfortable the RX definitely has the edge. Perhaps the longer wheelbase helps whilst I do think that additional padding in the upholstery is evident.

• Like 2

I've been on a fully loaded trip this weekend, 4 adults + luggage where the start of the trip was down the M42 and M5 with miles and miles of 50MPH average speed cameras. I was surprised to see the miles/kWh reach 3.0 and I achieved 47.3 miles in EV mode.

Looks like the car will deliver the sort of EV range others are getting so no matter what I believe I must be an inveterate lead right-footer?🤨

• Like 3

I'm interested to read some of the above posts quoting a displayed range of 50/51 miles of EV available. I've fully charged mine twice since new (only 3 weeks). The maximum it has shown is 37 miles, 39.5 with A/C off. Any thoughts?

The range will increase over time. Mine was exactly as yours albeit the outside temperatures were much lower when I took delivery in March. The car also builds up a profile of how it is driven which also has a bearing on the predicted range.

Currently my RX displays 53/54 when fully charged.

• Like 1

Like Ken, my range has increased with time, but I put that down to the first few months were in winter with heater/lights on. I bought it last October. I'm currently showing 3.2 m/Kwh and 47/48 miles on a full charge with no A/C.

Tom

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links