Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lane Centering Issues

Hi all, I have recently purchased a UX 2019 Takumi and have found that the lane centering function is fairly poor when the DRCC is on - it seems to show the blue lines for maybe 10 seconds before cutting out even on a straight well painted road. It hasn’t been able to hold the centring function for more than 100m even on a straight road. Has anyone else had this issue?

12 hours ago, UX250HTAK said:

Hi all, I have recently purchased a UX 2019 Takumi and have found that the lane centering function is fairly poor when the DRCC is on - it seems to show the blue lines for maybe 10 seconds before cutting out even on a straight well painted road. It hasn’t been able to hold the centring function for more than 100m even on a straight road. Has anyone else had this issue?

In my 2024 UX 300h I observe that the adaptive cruise control needs to be activated (even if not set on a speed) for many driving assist features to function. Try this and see if it is the same for you.

The lane assist and keeping in the first and second gen Lexus safety system is pretty poor, which is what is fitted to the UX250h. At any reasonable speed you will just zigzag between lines. It's only the latest generation on the latest vehicles that is any good.

The said, the detection of the lines should be okay. Make sure the windscreen is clean where the camera is and check if you windscreen is the original one - if it has been replaced then maybe the system wasn't calibrated correctly.

• Like 2

I can tell you, the latest system 3.0 isn’t flawless.  I used it extensively last week on a trip to the highlands and for the most part it’s good but it got uncomfortably close to some trucks as if it was being sucked in!   I certainly wouldn’t trust it implicitly.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, eightk said:

Anyone know when system 3 (Lexus call it lane trace?) started to be fitted?

On the UX - with the introduction of the UX300h which replaced the UX250h a few months ago.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2024 at 8:43 AM, ColinBarber said:

The lane assist and keeping in the first and second gen Lexus safety system is pretty poor, which is what is fitted to the UX250h. At any reasonable speed you will just zigzag between lines. It's only the latest generation on the latest vehicles that is any good.

The said, the detection of the lines should be okay. Make sure the windscreen is clean where the camera is and check if you windscreen is the original one - if it has been replaced then maybe the system wasn't calibrated correctly.

Ha ha your right Colin i like that terminology you used Zig zag betweenthe lines i couldnt say it better 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links