Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

11 hours ago, Chris Skelton said:

A Citroen CX body with a Lexus under it

2704ED59-464C-4F22-B5A8-4D9BFF7B5041.jpeg

Surely you meant a Citroen CX body WITH LOTS OF RUSTPROOFING ON IT, with a Lexus under it? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2024 at 10:36 AM, BigBoomer said:

Surely you meant a Citroen CX body WITH LOTS OF RUSTPROOFING ON IT, with a Lexus under it? 🤣

That was Series 1, the post 85 Series 2 were much better. The one pictured has some serious. Upgrades, including ignition and ventilation.  Featured in “Retro-rides’. 
I sold mine 10ish years ago, regret it. Rare Auto-turbo (they never made a turbo auto….)

IMG_0086.jpeg

• Like 2

We as a family in the late 70’s early 80’s so wanted ( but couldn’t afford it ) and NEEDED the Citroen Familiale estate ….. the only family car then available for us with 4 children 

Cest le vie …… we just “ managed “ with ordinary cars 🤔

Malc 

A friend in Belgium had a CX2500 Familiale but it was a Mk1 so had Flintstone driver and passenger footwells and eventually failed it's Contrôle Technique (MOT) and was crushed,... despite all the welding done on it. I have many fond memories of that car as it was our late-teens/early 20s party-wagon and Mac still has the rear view mirror from it in his garage. :thumbup:
If pushed hard in the twisties, it coped amazingly well for such a huge barge, but the same couldn't be said for the passengers, who frequently ended up losing their lunch!! Yes, it rocked-and-rolled,.... a LOT! 🤮

My Dad had an XM Activa V6 Estate which was an amazing car. It had less of the Citroen weirdness and still had the wafty suspension of the CX, but when you threw it at the twisties it stayed level and composed. He loved it for the maybe 3 months he got to drive it out of the 6 months he owned it. Awful reliability!!! Eventually, Citroen refunded his money and he got an Ford Scorpio Ultima instead. That was a nice car and super reliable, but not as nice as the XM.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

My Dad had an XM Activa V6 Estate which was an amazing car.

Agree, I bought an early XM, superb ride but big problems with electrics and water hoses. Broke down during four journeys in three years. But the ride was so good. I also drove my bosses CX saloon but the brake pedal and gauges took some getting used to.

18 minutes ago, Alan305 said:

Agree, I bought an early XM, superb ride but big problems with electrics and water hoses. Broke down during four journeys in three years. But the ride was so good. I also drove my bosses CX saloon but the brake pedal and gauges took some getting used to.

Then they all rusted away to dust ……  RIP ………. whilst Lexus possibly won’t do that, what I’m reading on the Forum Posts about modern day Lexii, well, horrendous electronikery issues causing much angst …… bit like Citroen of 40/50 years back 🥵

Malc 

Love the concept of an LS estate.

Seems to be a size of car that has never existed in estate form outside the US. LS/S-Class/7 series i.e. "full size" saloons as estates.

Nothing wrong with an E-Class estate but I'd enjoy having a bigger one.

As I've previously owned big estates such Nissan 300C and Toyota Camry I love the idea of a big Lexus wagon. ES would work nicely, LS would be wonderful!

When I got my RX it was the closest I could get to one of those large Japanese estates of old. Also contemplated Subaru Outback and Mazda 6, but various things put me off them (although I do still think the latter is great-looking).

These days it's all SUVs. Want a big luxurious estate car? Then why not buy a Range Rover or similar.
It seems that estate cars are mostly a thing of the past, although Volvo are once again selling the V60 and V90 estates.

Personally I hate almost all of the SUVs.
They use more fuel, restrict other drivers sightlines, are amongst the ugliest cars out there, and yet provide no more interior space/comfort than the equivalent saloon/estate car.
The sooner they go out of fashion the better.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links