Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

It's going to be so interesting when Chancellor gets the Green Light to use Govt and State Assets to help with State forward investment and help resolve this Black Hole syndrome ........  I did read in the finer print of Rachel Reeves Queen of Thieves proposal to help with this by freeing-up Civil Service and " State like Public Sector "  Pension Pots to help with this concept and immediately fund the now soon-to-be vanishing Black Hole ........  as safe as houses of course ..........  those Pension Pots won't be needed anytime soon eh!

Might as well make good safe use of all those spondoolies £££££ while the going's good over the next 4 years or so .....  Public Sector retirement age can easily be shifted on another few years 🙃

Malc

22 hours ago, Malc1 said:

AGE UK  website is offering the simple ability for you to write ( again ) to your MP ahead of the budget 

Just fill in the boxes and press “ GO” and a fresh email, from you, is sent to your own MP 

13 hours ago, Malc1 said:

AGE. UK.  Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

555,555. Signatures now 👏👍👏👏👍

Malc 

now at    555,783   Signatures too

Malc

13 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

The concept is the higher the risk the higher the return must be when being exposed to that risk. So, despite a drop in BOE controlled base interest rates that would normally lower the rate on govt debt the fact that they have risen is a direct statement by the market that they see an increase in risk from govt policy. Namely, they expect higher borrowing and remain unconvinced it will lead to higher growth. More likely it will just fuel a bit more inflation for OAP's to deal with.

I explained inflation to my daughter who works in the public sector. I told her everytime she and her public sector peers decided to eat out using that nice pay rise they would effectively price out of a table one more OAP who is on a Fixed Income.

She replied " you pay for your meal and mine so I don't understand". I'm going back to my car polishing until further notice.(sic)

The scariest thing is, like my Public sector daughter, they have the vote 😱. However when I point out pound/euro rate touched 1.20 recently but in twelve months 1.13!! And that potentially might add 10% to next year's holiday cost as firms buy a year ahead. So after stoppages the family holiday alone will swallow up maybe half of your rise. Now add in inflation and it's clear you need another rise😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I just cannot help myself with Rayner. She is so awful she is irresistable.

rayner.jpg

Wasn't there a song "when an irresistible force such as you meets an old immovable object like me you can bet as sure as you live, somethings gotta give somethings gotta give" 😊

On 10/11/2024 at 5:03 PM, Malc1 said:

556,006.  Signatures now 

AGE. UK.  Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

Malc 

557,000.  Signatures exactly as of right now  👍👏👏👍

Malc 

On 10/14/2024 at 1:38 PM, Malc1 said:

557,000.  Signatures exactly as of right now  👍👏👏👍

Malc 

558,256. Signatures now. 👏👏👏👍

Malc 

• Like 1

We both got letters marked important information this morning from the DWP saying: " Dear <name>  We are writing to tell you that you will not be getting any WFA this year, or any other year if we can help it, so you will receive nothing, nada, zilch, rien, NOWT. So you can  BOG OFF!

I must admit to adding a few bits to make it more clear and dramatic.😒

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, GMB said:

We both got letters marked important information this morning from the DWP saying: " Dear <name>  We are writing to tell you that you will not be getting any WFA this year, or any other year if we can help it, so you will receive nothing, nada, zilch, rien, NOWT. So you can  BOG OFF!

Would that be the word, "Dear"?

2 hours ago, GMB said:

40 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

559,049  Signatures now

Malc

But Gray you missed off the most important bit, the long list of entitlements that will let you, in addition, to claim it. Oh and if you live abroad let's not forget that one 😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

559,049  Signatures now

Malc

From today's express 

"If pensioners fail to report that they have changed their address or not claimed qualifying benefits, then they may have to hand back their winter fuel payment." 

I subsequently spoke to the OED who replied "words fail them" 😒

I recd a whole very full 2 page reply from the Office of my Labour MP that was clearly issued from the Labour Centre as a standard reply to any constituent whinging about the WFA cancellation 

( I used the AGE UK website template and sent the letter from there ) 

At the very end, and in order to enable persons to Claim PIPs whatever and seeking guidance, the constituent should, amongst all else, take their Pension Books along to any guidance help meeting 

NOW ……. Does anyone these days actually have physical Pension Books ?? Or is this a letter written by someone totally NOT au fait with modern Govt DWP methodology largesse  …….. or am I doing them a disservice in doubting them 🤔

Malc 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GMB said:

My letter read,

Dearest Stephen as longstanding admirers and members of your fan club we wanted you to know that you will get your WFA and we don't care what this nasty govt is trying to do they will not be doing it to our national treasure. Gush gush. Kisses.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

My letter read,

Dearest Stephen as longstanding admirers and members of your fan club we wanted you to know that you will get your WFA and we don't care what this nasty govt is trying to do they will not be doing it to our national treasure. Gush gush. Kisses.

But is that degree of grovelling servility really sufficient to attract your vote Stephen?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Harsh reminder yesterday why many OAP's are just living on the edge. I may be fortunate ,but I wonder how many could just hand over 2 months of their state pension for emergency dental care? Of course the counter argument would be that you could just access the NHS? However, I suspect those who have tried that have come up woefully short. If the trend to a two tier system for healthcare is still in the transitional stage I would voice the view that it is a done deal for dental care.

Interestingly, I read an article yesterday about Turkey. How a retiree could live on (wait for it) £422 pm whilst the UK equivalent was £1642 !! Almost 4 times as much.

The harsh reality for OAP's is that the UK is an expensive place to live and for most after finishing work I suspect "live" is more akin to surviving.

The most interesting of questions though is why? Why do we find it so hard to work and provide for a future off of our own backs? I am going to leave you to think about that as I am sure you have many good ideas.

Yours from Painsville. Pass the morphine please.

57 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Harsh reminder yesterday why many OAP's are just living on the edge. I may be fortunate ,but I wonder how many could just hand over 2 months of their state pension for emergency dental care? Of course the counter argument would be that you could just access the NHS? However, I suspect those who have tried that have come up woefully short. If the trend to a two tier system for healthcare is still in the transitional stage I would voice the view that it is a done deal for dental care.

Interestingly, I read an article yesterday about Turkey. How a retiree could live on (wait for it) £422 pm whilst the UK equivalent was £1642 !! Almost 4 times as much.

The harsh reality for OAP's is that the UK is an expensive place to live and for most after finishing work I suspect "live" is more akin to surviving.

The most interesting of questions though is why? Why do we find it so hard to work and provide for a future off of our own backs? I am going to leave you to think about that as I am sure you have many good ideas.

Turkey is great I guess, if you don’t have to live there with annual inflation at around 50% and living in a perpetual war zone afearing imminent escalation with Syria …… nearest and dearest neighbour 

Think UK is good now with this Labour Govt having gotten inflation down to just 1.7% …….. indeed there’s probably DWP thoughts to cut back on OAP Pensions let alone cancel the WFA ……., we should give Sir K and his Queen of Thieves greater licence to clear out our bank balances for the good of the Nation ……..  😂🤣

Malc. 

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Why would you want to live on Turkey? Once a year maybe but everyday!? 😅

24 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Turkey is great I guess, if you don’t have to live there with annual inflation at around 50% and living in a perpetual war zone afearing imminent escalation with Syria …… nearest and dearest neighbour 

Think UK is good now with this Labour Govt having gotten inflation down to just 1.7% …….. indeed there’s probably DWP thoughts to cut back on OAP Pensions let alone cancel the WFA ……., we should give Sir K and his Queen of Thieves greater licence to clear out our bank balances for the good of the Nation ……..  😂🤣

Malc. 

At that rate can we expect deflation at the end of the next 100 days? 🤔😱

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links