Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

whenever Sir Keir appers on tv for whatever reason and programme, news reporting or interview whatever, I just need to turnover channels

I'm afraid I find his persona and speech style leaves me with a " dead " feeling that Sir K is most unstatesmanlike in his manner and very non-Prime Ministerial and doing a disservice to our Nation and People 

I have nothing against him personally, I don't know the guy BUT he's just not, to my mind Prime Minister material and Great Britain should have somebody with more credence and presence ..  whatever the political spectrum

Malc

552,732   Signatures now

AGE  UK  Petition

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

You remember at primary school lining up to get chosen for inclusion in a side?

Starmer is the that little lad who either did not get picked, or was a last choice from one.

Do we feel a certain sympathy for this unlovable waif, or do we still think we don't want to pick him?

Responses will be informative 🤔

53 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Starmer is the that little lad who either did not get picked, or was a last choice from one.

Do we feel a certain sympathy for this unlovable waif, or do we still think we don't want to pick him?

Expel him...!!!

3 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

He’s meant to be the informed and empathetic Leader of our Great Britain with knowledge, panache and “ style “ 

Embracing of the thoughts and needs of us ALL irrespective of who we are or might become 

He instils in me absolutely ZERO confidence I’m sad to say 

The only “ style “ he has is with the donated clothing largesse and that avaricity is so so wrong in all regards 

Our Nation is bereft of the “ right” person for the job of PM 

Its so sad for us all 

Malc 

• Like 1

553,000. Signatures just now 👏👏👏

AGE. UK.  Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

Malc 

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

553,000. Signatures just now 👏👏👏

AGE. UK.  Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

Malc 

"right person". OK, I give in. I accept the inevitable. When do I get No 10 !

43 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Keys to “ Emergency Ward 10 “  await young man 

Malc 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Keys to “ Emergency Ward 10 “  await young man 

Malc 

Surely not the first time.

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

No 10! They were a fine cigarette 😎

12 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

No 10! They were a fine cigarette 😎

Number 10? I only recall Players Number 6. I thought it a case of rampant inflation until Ms Google put me right!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Lmafudd said:

Number 10? I only recall Players Number 6. I thought it a case of rampant inflation until Ms Google put me right!

Ah! You must represent the younger contingent on here 😂. I recall the most fantastic of brands available at one time. Passing Clouds, Sweet Afton, Sullivan Powell straight cut Virginia hand-rolled in rice paper, Balkan Sobranie, Frieborg and Treyer. And Pall Mall plain in the crush packet, with the motto "Wherever particular people congregate" sounds like the LOC😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lmafudd said:

There were both No 10 and No 6 brands. Back then the relatively new art of business Marketing was still in it's youth. They were mad about Brand Visibility which is why you got so many brands that were hardly distinguishable. In this case only by the colour of the packet. I used to collect the empty packets as a kid ! What can I tell you?

Used to buy No 6 'singles' from the greasy spoon just outside the school gates. Rich memories for me as the cafe had a great juke box full of Motown discs. I can't listen to The Onion Song without being transported back there.

17 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Rich memories for me as the cafe had a great juke box full of Motown discs. I can't listen to The Onion Song without being transported back there.

Sadly, nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be! 🥵

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LenT said:

Sadly, nostalgia just ain’t what it used to be! 🥵

Nice pun. Nostalgia though is always in it is just to what degree.

What makes us nostalgic varies generation to generation, but when times are stressful you can really sell it.

Countless TV programs that are based  on little other than the appeal to nostalgia. For example, Call The Midwives; Heartbeat; All Creatures etc etc.

Back on topic given the arrival of Starmer Labour nostalgia is going to boom.

Two old guys in a pub looking into pint glasses with just a spoonful of beer in the bottom. One Say's to the other "remember when we could afford to drink it not just sniff it?"

• Haha 3

NEWS FLASH!!!

Sue Gray has just resigned as Starmer’s Chief of Staff.

No mention if her inflated Salary will be redistributed among deserving pensioners this winter!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LenT said:

NEWS FLASH!!!

Sue Gray has just resigned as Starmer’s Chief of Staff.

No mention if her inflated Salary will be redistributed among deserving pensioners this winter!

Oh dear, whilst I’m no fan I do wonder if she’s the only sensible link in the whole Cabinet conundrum and it will fall to pieces even more than now …….. and I’m sure that’s possible 🤔

At least she had great experience and credibility in her profession and understood stuff to the n’th degree …….. much more so than the dog eared incompetents said to be running the country right now …… G’ood ‘elp us eh ! 

Malc 

10 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Oh dear, whilst I’m no fan I do wonder if she’s the only sensible link in the whole Cabinet conundrum and it will fall to pieces even more than now …….. and I’m sure that’s possible 🤔

At least she had great experience and credibility in her profession and understood stuff to the n’th degree …….. much more so than the dog eared incompetents said to be running the country right now …… G’ood ‘elp us eh ! 

Malc 

Credibility Malc, credibility 😱, isn't this the same person who stitched Boris up them promptly moved to Labour? 😱

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Credibility Malc, credibility 😱, isn't this the same person who stitched Boris up them promptly moved to Labour? 😱

Might be she has rather more “ wisdom “ than either of those “ chancers “  ……. Or maybe she’s a protege of ………. aaaaaaggggghhhh ….. Farage 🤣😂

Malc 

12 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Might be she has rather more “ wisdom “ than either of those “ chancers “  ……. Or maybe she’s a protege of ………. aaaaaaggggghhhh ….. Farage 🤣😂

Malc 

Her background is most interesting 🤔

More than 970 migrants cross Channel - the highest daily number this year

The figure is the highest daily number this year, surpassing the previous record for 2024 - which was 882 people on 18 June.

458955905_10224424484095973_2327252699983378036_n.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links