Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Or in 21st century speak rally in Lonon in October, or lose the right to complain!

NPC  National Pensioners Convention  7th October  but where ?

Malc

5 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

As if you need reminding Malc 🙂

King Henry V: What’s he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin:
If we are mark’d to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God’s will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires:
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England:
God’s peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more, methinks, would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made
And crowns for convoy put into his purse:
We would not die in that man’s company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is called the feast of Crispian:
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say ‘To-morrow is Saint Crispian:’
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say ‘These wounds I had on Crispin’s day.’
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he’ll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remember’d.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember’d;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

From Henry V, Act IV, Scene III

Impressive, definitely not a post you'd find on a Citroen Saxo forum!  Maybe one day a play will be written about our current chancellor, possibly some lines cribbed from ***** Turpin!

Just now, The-Acre said:

Impressive, definitely not a post you'd find on a Citroen Saxo forum!  Maybe one day a play will be written about our current chancellor, possibly some lines cribbed from ***** Turpin!

And I can't believe the thought police have removed Richard's abbreviated name!

• Haha 3

I heard someone say today that all that pensioners needed to do , was to cancel Netflix and stop eating avocado on toast and the money will come flooding in 😁

Having said that though, lots of pensioners struggle and may need the WFA... while lots of them sit on +1 million £ assets and are mortgage-free... should they all get the WFA?

Often people get outraged at this free breakfast policy for all children in London, while they complain about the WFA not reaching all pensioners... humans are strange aren't they?

13 hours ago, The-Acre said:

And I can't believe the thought police have removed Richard's abbreviated name!

Two things Phil, firstly Turpin wore a mask secondly he eventually got his comeuppance. Incidentally in Bham, there is a Gt Hampton Street maybe that might fit! 😂

• Haha 1

On 9/30/2024 at 10:08 PM, Malc1 said:

539,004.  Signatures now 

AGE. UK.  Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

Malc

548,089.  Signatures now 👏👏👏

Malc 

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

548,089.  Signatures now 👏👏👏

Malc 

550,229.  Signatures now …… this Petition is moving apace 👍👏👏

Malc 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Malc1 said:

550,229.  Signatures now …… this Petition is moving apace 👍👏👏

Malc 

551,015.  Signatures now 👍👏👍👍

Malc 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Malc1 said:

551,015.  Signatures now 👍👏👍👍

Malc 

552,001. Signatures now  👍👍👍

Malc 

6 hours ago, Malc1 said:

552,001. Signatures now  👍👍👍

Malc 

Let's hope they keep coming, especially in the light of this unholy trinity pledging 22 billion to "capture carbon" What an insult!

bc0881b0-81e6-11ef-9b00-1de2a9c54bc5.jpg.thumb.webp.f844a861c6c6df2b117ff557b0a93921.webp

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Let's hope they keep coming, especially in the light of this unholy trinity pledging 22 billion to "capture carbon" What an insult!

bc0881b0-81e6-11ef-9b00-1de2a9c54bc5.jpg.thumb.webp.f844a861c6c6df2b117ff557b0a93921.webp

You know I am still waiting for someone to explain to me why the UK who contributes approx 1% of global emissions thinks it is a great idea to be leader of the pack on this 'treasure hunt'. Colour me statistically challenged if you will ,but it appears clear to me we are to all intents and purposes irrelevant on this issue. I am as ever open minded to a good argument to the contrary, but I am still waiting to hear it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

You know I am still waiting for someone to explain to me why the UK who contributes approx 1% of global emissions thinks it is a great idea to be leader of the pack on this 'treasure hunt'. Colour me statistically challenged if you will ,but it appears clear to me we are to all intents and purposes irrelevant on this issue. I am as ever open minded to a good argument to the contrary, but I am still waiting to hear it.

It's all net-zero posturing - when a company actually tries to build something it's a lot harder than all the sounds bites that come from politicians mouths: ExxonMobil: Firm backs out of CO2 pipeline project - BBC News - whether you think this carbon capture project is a good idea or not, it would have had a (small) positive impact, but the upheaval to those people in the path has proven too much.

• Like 1

it's all simple logic ..... the store of carbon will eventually be a source of immeasurable wealth to the Nation once it's turned to              DIAMONDS

such logic is quite capable of being understood by most normal thinking Prime Ministers and Chancellors of the Exchequer ........  just not by us mere mortals 

552,158   Signatures now

AGE  UK   Petition

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

Malc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

The only explanation is surely some globalist agenda that we don't get to hear about. And if I'm not mistaken, isn't 22 billion the same amount as the "black hole" that ended up robbing pensioners?

• Like 1

Before we OAPs are Budget denied the WFP let’s remember there’s the organised March in London on 7th October  by the   NPC 

NATIONAL PENSIONERS CONVENTION 

I have no further info on this other than, perhaps, the cancellation of Police leave is happening from tomorrow ….. possibly in readiness for the elderly and infirm to be assisted in their March ……. let’s see 🤔

Malc 

• Like 1

552,679.  Signatures now 

AGE. UK.  Petition

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

Malc 

just an update here 

whenever Sir Keir appers on tv for whatever reason and programme, news reporting or interview whatever, I just need to turnover channels

I'm afraid I find his persona and speech style leaves me with a " dead " feeling that Sir K is most unstatesmanlike in his manner and very non-Prime Ministerial and doing a disservice to our Nation and People 

I have nothing against him personally, I don't know the guy BUT he's just not, to my mind Prime Minister material and Great Britain should have somebody with more credence and presence ..  whatever the political spectrum

Malc

552,732   Signatures now

AGE  UK  Petition

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

whenever Sir Keir appers on tv for whatever reason and programme, news reporting or interview whatever, I just need to turnover channels

I'm afraid I find his persona and speech style leaves me with a " dead " feeling that Sir K is most unstatesmanlike in his manner and very non-Prime Ministerial and doing a disservice to our Nation and People 

I have nothing against him personally, I don't know the guy BUT he's just not, to my mind Prime Minister material and Great Britain should have somebody with more credence and presence ..  whatever the political spectrum

Malc

552,732   Signatures now

AGE  UK  Petition

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

I have nothing against him personally,😱🙂. But his "style" or lack thereof is entirely due to him being incapable/unwilling to talk at all without notes or a teleprompter which is why he sounds like the speaking clock. Compare that to Nigel Farage. 🙂. Who might you prefer on the International stage? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

I have nothing against him personally,😱🙂. But his "style" or lack thereof is entirely due to him being incapable/unwilling to talk at all without notes or a teleprompter which is why he sounds like the speaking clock. Compare that to Nigel Farage. 🙂. Who might you prefer on the International stage? 

I would prefer neither...!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links