Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

4 hours ago, Malc1 said:

533,932.  Signatures now 

there’s something seriously afoot methinks 🤔

up over 2k in an hour 👏👏👏

Malc 

535,494.   Signatures now.  Brilliant Outcomes so far 👍

Malc 

3 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

I gather that the gist is that the Government failed to conduct an impact assessment before enacting this loss of benefit.

Considering that when the opposition Labour Party last conducted such an assessment in 2017 - when the then Tory Government was considering just such a proposal - their Report predicted up to 4000 deaths, their reticence to do one again is quite understandable!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

. I also buy from Yorkshirehandmadepies, glorious selection of proper pies.

Well, they’d better be Phil, because I’ve just ordered a couple of the Yorkshire Taster boxes.

I anticipate that payment will be covered by my WFP*.

*Will Fund Privately 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Malc1 said:

535,494.   Signatures now.  Brilliant Outcomes so far 👍

Malc 

536,042.  Signatures as of now 👍

Malc 

6 hours ago, LenT said:

Well, they’d better be Phil, because I’ve just ordered a couple of the Yorkshire Taster boxes.

*Will Fund Privately 

6 hours ago, LenT said:

*Will Fund Privately 

Fortunately at £4.33 each and even with losing my WFA, I can afford one even if I use a candle to heat it! (they come frozen) chicken & tarragon, beef brisket particularly good. 

Before too long game pie versions should be on offer 😜🍷l

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LenT said:

I gather that the gist is that the Government failed to conduct an impact assessment before enacting this loss of benefit.

Considering that when the opposition Labour Party last conducted such an assessment in 2017 - when the then Tory Government was considering just such a proposal - their Report predicted up to 4000 deaths, their reticence to do one again is quite understandable!

On that basis  the answer to the question "will your policy directly lead to the uneccessary deaths of OAP's this winter?" must surely be an undeniable yes.

So, our question for Starmer and Reeves is "are you willing to own this?"

If their answer is yes then they should resign immediately on the grounds they are unfit to hold office.

If their answer is quite properly no then they should cancel the policy in it's current format.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LenT said:

*Will Fund Privately 

Thanks me later for the best kept secret outside of Skipton.

Online Shop - Drake & Macefield Butchers (drakeandmacefield.co.uk)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

On that basis  the answer to the question "will your policy directly lead to the uneccessary deaths of OAP's this winter?" must surely be an undeniable yes.

So, our question for Starmer and Reeves is "are you willing to own this?"

If their is yes then they should resign immediately on the grounds they are unfit to hold office.

If their answer is quite properly no then they should cancel the policy in it's current format.

Couldn't be more clearer 👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Thanks me later for the best kept secret outside of Skipton.

Online Shop - Drake & Macefield Butchers (drakeandmacefield.co.uk)

I think we are on the cusp of a brand new topic - Foodie Heaven maybe? Lexus owners are by default a very discerning group of people harbouring secret sources of the best of British produce. As a caring community I am sure sharing the knowledge if not the produce would be your charitable deed of the day 😎🍻

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

I think we are on the cusp of a brand new topic - Foodie Heaven maybe? Lexus owners are by default a very discerning group of people harbouring secret sources of the best of British produce. As a caring community I am sure sharing the knowledge if not the produce would be your charitable deed of the day 😎🍻

Ooh, lovely produce! Keeping on topic, heating or sausages this winter for some?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

536,042.  Signatures as of now 👍

Malc 

536,421   Signatures now  👋👋

Malc

18 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

From the Sage Journals (this sounds familiar,) 
"The widespread scepticism towards the authenticity of Corbyn’s espoused position meant that both Leavers and Remainers were reported to distrust him. The Guardian (21 May 2019) reported that ‘none of us believe he’s truly on our side’. The Sun (8 December 2019) ran an article describing Corbyn as a ‘spineless hypocrite on Brexit’. Nick Cohen, writing in The Guardian (1 June 2019), noted that ‘voters demand that their leaders are authentic, especially voters as angry as Britain’s Remainers’, and therefore, if Corbyn began campaigning for Remain, ‘few would believe him’. The Guardian (17 May 2019) asked, in an ironic tone, whether it was because Corbyn ‘likes stories so much that Labour has two totally contradictory ones to tell people for the European elections?’ A commentary in the Daily Telegraph (28 May 2019) also posed the question in terms of dishonesty by asking whether his supporters would still view him as authentic after ‘being forced into a position [on Brexit] in which he clearly does not believe?’ The Times (8 February 2019) claimed that Labour MPs did not believe his Remain proclamations and knew ‘deep down that they are trapped in a party led by a man with unconscionable views on foreign policy who is perfectly happy to leave the EU’.

While these commentators saw Corbyn as a Leave supporter putting on an inauthentic pretence as a Remainer, other commentators thought he lacked any clear position at all. The Daily Mail (24 August 2019) claimed that Corbyn did not ‘show leadership’ because he did not actually know what he believed in: ‘He needs to work out what he stands for and abide by it. If he believes in Brexit, he should say so. If he supports Remain, he should say so’."

Thanks, Phil 

none of them are any good then, they all flip-flop. Looks like my daughter was right working alongside the mp's and lords, they were never consistent and very dishonest most of the time. Hence, she has now quit the country. 😥

9 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Hence, she has now quit the country

That's the way to do it!   I wonder if we could get a group discount for about 6 million pensioners to re-locate to Rwanda? I bet we could get a good deal.🤔🛫🌍.  Anyone know what the tax regime is?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Thanks, Phil 

none of them are any good then, they all flip-flop. Looks like my daughter was right working alongside the mp's and lords, they were never consistent and very dishonest most of the time. Hence, she has now quit the country. 😥

She clearly demonstrates sound judgement which is far more than can be said of most in government. They do say genetically intelligence skips a generation, she must have strong grandparents? 😅

5 minutes ago, GMB said:

That's the way to do it!   I wonder if we could get a group discount for about 6 million pensioners to re-locate to Rwanda? I bet we could get a good deal.🤔🛫🌍.  Anyone know what the tax regime is?

I think the number 7.62 comes to mind. That's not a %. Rather the calibre of bullet coming your way if you don't hand over everything you have got. Indeed, in one sense we trade off the bureaucracy of taxation for the virtue of legalised robbery rather than robbery at the wrong end of a rifle barrel.

8 minutes ago, GMB said:

Perhaps the ECHR can facilitate this? Since there now exists a clear threat to life for a marginalised community by staying here this may be a viable option funded by UK plc. At a cost of say £30k a head HMG would break even in about 10 years. Far more cost effective than a wind turbine. You are definitely on to something here. 👍

11 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

She clearly demonstrates sound judgement which is far more than can be said of most in government. They do say genetically intelligence skips a generation, she must have strong grandparents? 😅

She's living just round the corner to high-street, Melbourne, one of the coolest places to live in the world 😀

High Street in Melbourne’s north is officially the coolest street in the world the inner north reigns supreme once again, beating out trendy strips in Tokyo, Barcelona and New York City

High Street in Melbourne’s north is officially the coolest street in the world for 2024 (timeout.com)

Just now, fourbanks said:

She's living just round the corner to high-street, Melbourne, one of the coolest places to live in the world 😀

High Street in Melbourne’s north is officially the coolest street in the world the inner north reigns supreme once again, beating out trendy strips in Tokyo, Barcelona and New York City

High Street in Melbourne’s north is officially the coolest street in the world for 2024 (timeout.com)

She has also quit politics and is now working for the red cross 

14 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

😂😂😂, there's no let up to this is there? Can you imagine what Spitting Image would have made of it? Oddly enough Aldi beans been have voted first place with Heinz coming 5th 😎

I'm really miffed because I have doing the "dad" joke for years calling sausages hostages and no-one ever found it funny ( except me). They used to respond with "Doh". I have more old jokes but I don't want to upset everyone.

Ah well at least people appreciate the malapropism now.

In Nuce: Malaprops: Words with the same stem 2

The lady herself!

2 hours ago, GMB said:

Anyone know what the tax regime is?

Gray, you're thinking of your new potential Non Dom status for there then  ..........  you possibly won't need that Warm Heat Allowance when you go there  🙃

Malc

27 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Gray, you're thinking of your new potential Non Dom status for there then  ..........  you possibly won't need that Warm Heat Allowance when you go there  🙃

Malc

Now to be specific it is actually called winter fuel allowance and he definitely will need that just to run the Aircon !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links