Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

22 minutes ago, GMB said:

But there's a 22 Zillion pound black hole and it was a difficult decision and it's not their fault and they were forced to do it even though they didn't want to, but they had to do it and some pensioners have zillions of pounds and live in big houses with dogs and things and what about the young people who can't afford a shed in London and all those wealthy expat pensioners ...   zzzz .....zzz something's gone wrong, my head hurts, I can't go on. Thank God for that!  NURSE!!!

Let me help straighten this out for you. The debt is owed by the country. The Labour govt think it is their job to handle this by reapportioning wealth from older to younger people so those younger people can pay down the debt in the future. Of course if one thinks that the older people pass their wealth to those younger people via existing channels then you might also think that the Labour govt need not interfere at all. See it is quite simple unless you are a Labour politicans suffering from dyscalrulia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

dyscalrulia

Er…dyscalculia?

Apart from typo, completely agree.  Interesting that the Union motion to reinstate WFA was overwhelmingly - and embarrassingly - carried at the end of the Conference.

And immediately dismissed by the Ministers who had remained behind.  Considering that some Unions are still talking of strike action despite being awarded pay increases by their new friends in Government, I can see this relationship becoming increasingly fractious.

On the other hand, I think there was broad approval for Starmer’s commitment to return all the sausages from Gaza..

18 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Ah yes, dismissed by the Ministers who had BOTHERED to stay behind 🥵

Malc 

Excuse the lack of formatting but accreditation to Change. Org for this petition. 

Demand Change: Keir Starmer, Step Down Now!

Started

1 August 2024

Petition to the 

Labour Party

Signatures: 300,842 Next Goal: 500,000 

990 people signed today

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

This nothing to do with "posh". This is a reflection of her personna and the way she reacts to others presumably when the subject is contentious.

Posh? Is that a person of scary habits? 😅

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links