Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

the   NATIONAL PENSIONERS CONVENTION  ( NPC )     seems to be a national organisation that I'd never heard of before this debacle 

I'm reading it is proposing a     March on London    somewhere,............. in early October ............. alongside    AGE  UK  

the NPC appears to be strongly aligned with the TUC 

This should prove interesting I feel and maybe worthy of our further interest 😉

Malc

511,519   Signatures so far

AGE  UK   PETITION

WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Yes, coroners would likely identify death by hypothermia. However, to really make it count you need to do something dramatic. Something like create a high profile wall and literally post every name up there who dies in such a manner starting from this winter. Age Uk might want to take out an annual advert to just print in large font that number every year to reinforce the impact.

More than happy to contribute to the such an initiative 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

No Phil, you see your interpretation and mine of what is true no longer applies, our understanding is wrong. What is up is now down, what used to be right is now wrong, what used to be behavioural madness and criminal behaviour no longer attracts a custodial sentence. 

A slightly off topic example of what is up is now down, there are massive objections to Disney (not that I would support Disney) remaking Snow White. No longer is it PC to make such an offensive film.

11 hours ago, Malc1 said:

the   NATIONAL PENSIONERS CONVENTION  ( NPC )     seems to be a national organisation that I'd never heard of before this debacle 

I'm reading it is proposing a     March on London    somewhere,............. in early October ............. alongside    AGE  UK  

Malc

AGE  UK   PETITION

WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE

512,080.  Signatures now 

AGE. UK.  Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

Malc  

10 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

This was interesting for me given she is the MP for my area.

https://www.facebook.com/share/cc8KHxAGxYoAQcQK/

Fascinating, hope we see more of the same. Equally interesting to note a contributor on the LOC asked if they can stop getting WFA updates on here as it's "flooding his emaibox" 😕! Wonder if he truly understands the enormity of this ploy? Yes it's about pensioners now as a measure of public outcry but the goal is to diminish the State Pension over time and be replaced by means tested private ones 🙁

• Like 1

The initial thought to beat up remorselessly the, so they, Starmer and Reeves, thought impossibly useless at fighting back, OAPs might have been an early sign of their gross incompetence at vindictive Government

OAPs suffering, they estimate some 2.6 million, real real hardship this winter from cancelling the 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

and the bizarre, but tragic owning up belatedly that no-one in Govt was competent enough to think to do an

IMPACT ASSESSMENT 

Even a tiny percentage of that badly affected 2.6 million number being a call on GPs, Ambulances, Hospitals and beds …… and Starmer saying the NHS won’t get any more money until reform ….. and He AND Reeves remorselessly piling on the pressure this winter simply from more OAPs being Govt inspired health wise  beaten-up and NEEDING greater health care 

Govt INCOMPETENCE seemingly shows no bounds with all this ……. 

With the suggested PNC with AGE. UK London rally on 7th October ? and maybe likely support from the TUC  ……. is the Govt fully supported by almost 100% if it’s Labour MPs going to sit comfortably ever again 🤔

Malc 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

The initial thought to beat up remorselessly the, so they, Starmer and Reeves, thought impossibly useless at fighting back, OAPs might have been an early sign of their gross incompetence at vindictive Government

OAPs suffering, they estimate some 2.6 million, real real hardship this winter from cancelling the 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

and the bizarre, but tragic owning up belatedly that no-one in Govt was competent enough to think to do an

IMPACT ASSESSMENT 

Even a tiny percentage of that badly affected 2.6 million number being a call on GPs, Ambulances, Hospitals and beds …… and Starmer saying the NHS won’t get any more money until reform ….. and He AND Reeves remorselessly piling on the pressure this winter simply from more OAPs being Govt inspired health wise  beaten-up and NEEDING greater health care 

Govt INCOMPETENCE seemingly shows no bounds with all this ……. 

With the suggested PNC with AGE. UK London rally on 7th October ? and maybe likely support from the TUC  ……. is the Govt fully supported by almost 100% if it’s Labour MPs going to sit comfortably ever again 🤔

Malc 

Might go to a London rally if the timing is right so it fits in with some shopping.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 9:42 AM, Malc1 said:

Malc

AGE  UK   PETITION

WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE

512,664  Signatures as of just now

Malc

24 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Starmer: I had to cut winter fuel allowance to save the NHS (msn.com) 

so now you know. As my mp says, move on 

I wrote to my (new) Labour MP three weeks ago (majority c1300 so doubt we’ll have to worry about her after the next four years). I am yet to even receive an acknowledgement. I did write on a number of issues, mainly the ‘cast iron pledges’ she made on her election website which were (strangely) removed immediately afterwards, but I did include concerns about the Winter Fuel Allowance, and potential removal of Council Tax single person discounts, and planning, and her position on accepting hospitality…

…I added the last one as you can see accepted hospitality on the Register of Interests (.gov site) as well as how your MP voted on everything, written questions, spoken contributions to debates etc. Why did I ask that specific question? Simply because in a local TV interview pre-election she said she’d only accept hospitality where there was a ‘local benefit.’ I’m curious to know how four tickets to the Community Shield at Wembley for her and three members of her family fit into that category…value declared, £2800.

Snouts in the trough as soon as they get their chance. Shame. SHAME! 

PS she voted for the cut to WFA, like any good Starmer supporting Labour drone should. She won’t last here, that’s my one crumb of comfort.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

Thank Ed..very funny,along with yesterday's "Who do you think you're kidding".Both clips are well made and took a lot of effort.

I don't remember any other politicians coming in for this amount of ridicule..even the original Spitting Image was milder than this.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DavidCM said:

I don't remember any other politicians coming in for this amount of ridicule..even the original Spitting Image was milder than this.

If we consider what Labour have done in their, admittedly very brief, time in office so far and compare with what they said in Opposition and during the election campaign, then I think we get our answer.

- in Opposition, Labour admitted they expected to inherit the ‘worst fiscal situation since the war’;

- in Opposition, Labour spoke about taxation in traditional Labour language. They said they’d protect ‘working people’, they spoke about windfall taxes on energy companies, non-doms, large corporations such as amazon paying their ‘fair share’, banking bonuses etc. The electorate liked that, and there was a perceived difference between that approach and the Conservatives;

- in Opposition, Labour said they’d restore ‘public service’ in Government, and would behave ethically and morally. They said they’d end ‘cronyism’ and scandal, and would deal with offences within their party swiftly if discovered.

Let’s now look at three months of their Government;

- the very FIRST THING they did, was claim surprise at the fiscal situation and target pensioners. Not the wealthy people they spoke about previously. Not the large corporations. Not even non-doms. Pensioners. That first statement is what will stick in people’s minds, and will rightly be used a a stick to beat Labour with for the next five years. I believe it was a significant miscalculation, but not one they can step away from without reminding the electorate about all their prior talk about Conservative ‘chaos’ and u-turns. Opposition is easy. Government is difficult;

- turning to ‘cronyism’ they didn’t even have the sense to wait for a bit! Clearly believing the population to be incredible stupid, they gave Civil Service jobs to donors and supporters, and Lord Alli received a Downing Street pass. The signs were there for those willing to look, Sue Gray breaking the Civil Service code to go and work for Labour being exhibit A;

- public service? This morning we hear that not only has Keir Starmer had his clothes paid for by Lord Alli, but his wife too…except his wife’s clothes weren’t declared. Ah, it’s just an oversight, nothing to see here they cry - except that previous Conservative ‘oversights’ in similar situations LED to Labour howls for their resignation. Even using the word ‘oversight’ is odd, as it’s the same word used by their opponents previously, and to me that shows they’re either very naive, incredibly crass or just incompetent. On the BBC this morning David Lammy even tried to suggest that Keir Starmer ‘couldn’t afford’ to buy his own clothes which would ‘represent the country’ effectively on the world stage. The mind boggles…

- integrity? Putting aside the donor clothing funding scandal, we’ve already had a Labour MP who seems to be a dodgy landlord. Was he suspended? Reprimanded perhaps? Nope, certainly not publicly. However, vote against the Government and you’ll have the whip withdrawn. The bar for standards in public life obviously isn’t that high for Keir Starmer…

I could go on, but it’s depressing. The previous Conservative Government was poor. People did want change. What I think we’re seeing is greater ‘buyers remorse’ than I’ve ever witnessed after an election. That’s down to trust and integrity. They promised much, and are already failing to deliver. They KNEW the public finances were compromised - they’ve admitted that - but they didn’t mention Winter Fuel Payments, or Council Tax, or any of the other things they MUST have been considering.

In my experience with friends and colleagues, most simply believe Starmer and Reeves are liars. In the end, it’s as simple as that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

If we consider what Labour have done in their, admittedly very brief, time in office so far and compare with what they said in Opposition and during the election campaign, then I think we get our answer.

- in Opposition, Labour admitted they expected to inherit the ‘worst fiscal situation since the war’;

- in Opposition, Labour spoke about taxation in traditional Labour language. They said they’d protect ‘working people’, they spoke about windfall taxes on energy companies, non-doms, large corporations such as Amazon paying their ‘fair share’, banking bonuses etc. The electorate liked that, and there was a perceived difference between that approach and the Conservatives;

- in Opposition, Labour said they’d restore ‘public service’ in Government, and would behave ethically and morally. They said they’d end ‘cronyism’ and scandal, and would deal with offences within their party swiftly if discovered.

Let’s now look at three months of their Government;

- the very FIRST THING they did, was claim surprise at the fiscal situation and target pensioners. Not the wealthy people they spoke about previously. Not the large corporations. Not even non-doms. Pensioners. That first statement is what will stick in people’s minds, and will rightly be used a a stick to beat Labour with for the next five years. I believe it was a significant miscalculation, but not one they can step away from without reminding the electorate about all their prior talk about Conservative ‘chaos’ and u-turns. Opposition is easy. Government is difficult;

- turning to ‘cronyism’ they didn’t even have the sense to wait for a bit! Clearly believing the population to be incredible stupid, they gave Civil Service jobs to donors and supporters, and Lord Alli received a Downing Street pass. The signs were there for those willing to look, Sue Gray breaking the Civil Service code to go and work for Labour being exhibit A;

- public service? This morning we hear that not only has Keir Starmer had his clothes paid for by Lord Alli, but his wife too…except his wife’s clothes weren’t declared. Ah, it’s just an oversight, nothing to see here they cry - except that previous Conservative ‘oversights’ in similar situations led to Labour howls for their resignation. Even using the word ‘oversight’ is odd, as it’s the same word used by their opponents previously, and to me that shows they’re either very naive, incredibly crass or just incompetent. On the BBC this morning David Lammy even tried to suggest that Keir Starmer ‘couldn’t afford’ to buy his own clothes which would ‘represent the country’ effectively on the world stage. The mind boggles…

- integrity? Putting aside the donor clothing funding scandal, we’ve already had a Labour MP who seems to be a dodgy landlord. Was he suspended? Reprimanded perhaps? Nope, certainly not publicly. However, vote against the Government and you’ll have the whip withdrawn. The bar for standards in public life obviously isn’t that high for Keir Starmer…

I could go on, but it’s depressing. The previous Conservative Government was poor. People did want change. What I think we’re seeing is greater ‘buyers remorse’ than I’ve ever witnessed after an election. That’s down to trust and integrity. They promised much, and are already failing to deliver. They KNEW the public finances were compromised - they’ve admitted that - but they didn’t mention Winter Fuel Payments, or Council Tax, or any of the other things they MUST have been considering.

In my experience with friends and colleagues, most simply believe Starmer and Reeves are liars. In the end, it’s as simple as that.

The mind certainly does boggle. Lammy? The same Lammy  who wore trainers and a suit on his American trip last week! Starmer? The same Starmer who lives in a £1million plus house, had a special tax treatment of his pension which means minimal affect to him however rules change, whose wife and sister are paid through the public purse. (Neil Kinnock and entire family spring to mind). And is reputably worth £8 million. That Starmer you mean? 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

the very FIRST THING they did, was claim surprise at the fiscal situation and target pensioners.

Well I was not surprised that this was The Plan all along.  I soon noted that no Labour shadow minister could debate the forthcoming Election without emphasising their commitment to the ‘working’ population.

I gathered that I - as a retiree living off savings and a pension - was therefore no longer regarded as ‘working’ and probably a drain on resources.  It would seem that the possibility that I had spent a ‘working life’ contributing to the creation of our Society did not appear to be a factor in Labour’s estimate of whether I should continue to exist in it!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, LenT said:

Well I was not surprised that this was The Plan all along.  I soon noted that no Labour shadow minister could debate the forthcoming Election without emphasising their commitment to the ‘working’ population.

I gathered that I - as a retiree living off savings and a pension - was therefore no longer regarded as ‘working’ and probably a drain on resources.  It would seem that the possibility that I had spent a ‘working life’ contributing to the creation of our Society did not appear to be a factor in Labour’s estimate of whether I should continue to exist in it!

Entirely agree Len. Our history of contributions is just that history and irrelevant to making today's choices. Unless it contains the words Aneurin Bevin all history is to be forgotten. And all you represent to them is an inheritance to be squandered like some wayward offspring. But when that runs out then what? 😕

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

The mind certainly does boggle. Lammy? The same Lammy  who wore trainers and a suit on his American trip last week! 

Labour politicians never have had much sartorial sense.... Rayner /Vicky Pollard in her green suit, Michael Foot in his donkey jacket (an aptly named garment),Corbin....I could go on all afternoon..

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Never has such a Petition been ……. or had it ?  I don’t know BUT  over HALF A MILLION  have rebelled against this dreadful Cancellation of the 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

AGE. UK. Petition now at 

514,156   signatures  👍👏👏👍

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links