Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

I did mention before that maybe the Coroner should have these potential death vibes in his mind and say ...........if the cold did for 'im !

Malc

• Like 1

Yes, coroners would likely identify death by hypothermia. However, to really make it count you need to do something dramatic. Something like create a high profile wall and literally post every name up there who dies in such a manner starting from this winter. Age Uk might want to take out an annual advert to just print in large font that number every year to reinforce the impact.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Yes, coroners would likely identify death by hypothermia. However, to really make it count you need to do something dramatic. Something like create a high profile wall and literally post every name up there who dies in such a manner starting from this winter. Age Uk might want to take out an annual advert to just print in large font that number every year to reinforce the impact.

Sadly there’ll be a daily take, increase, of hypothermia hit OAPs ……. and it’s unlikely Coroners would have licence to specify Govt Critical criteria caused deaths methinks  🥵

No one’s going to allow Labour Govt criticism, especially by us OAPs ….. we’ll be castigated, popped in prison, breaking rocks to keep warm ……. 🙃

Malc 

10 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Sadly there’ll be a daily take, increase, of hypothermia hit OAPs ……. and it’s unlikely Coroners would have licence to specify Govt Critical criteria caused deaths methinks  🥵

No one’s going to allow Labour Govt criticism, especially by us OAPs ….. we’ll be castigated, popped in prison, breaking rocks to keep warm ……. 🙃

Malc 

I don't understand your comment. Coroners specify if a death is from hypothermia and no one has to suggest that it because the govt changed policy. No license required. People will just reason that the two are correlated and that is enough. Alternatively, do we think people just sit around and freeze themselves to death, because it's a new fun game?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boomer54 said:

Alternatively, do we think people just sit around and freeze themselves to death

I think this might well be a simple fact of life ............ and death ......  people will be too struck down with cold  to realise they're dying .. ........... of cold .......  and simply be unable to do anything , nor thinking to wish to do anything, to stop it .................. this will occur I'm sure 

Many 000s will die thru' this effect this winter ......  the figures won't be correlated unless, like you say, some Body such as AGE  UK  develop a strategy to keep those numbers publicised ......  monthly would help !

By the way, we're up to:

511,002  Signatures now 

AGE  UK  Petition

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

Malc

8 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I think this might well be a simple fact of life ............ and death ......  people will be too struck down with cold  to realise they're dying .. ........... of cold .......  and simply be unable to do anything , nor thinking to wish to do anything, to stop it .................. this will occur I'm sure 

Many 000s will die thru' this effect this winter ......  the figures won't be correlated unless, like you say, some Body such as AGE  UK  develop a strategy to keep those numbers publicised ......  monthly would help !

By the way, we're up to:

511,002  Signatures now 

AGE  UK  Petition

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

Malc

When you get hypothermia you don't actually realise you are cold - it's beyond feeling cold and why it's so dangerous as you don't take any further steps to warm yourself. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

When you get hypothermia you don't actually realise you are cold - it's beyond feeling cold and why it's so dangerous as you don't take any further steps to warm yourself. 

Dr Caroline Johnson MP Sleaford gave a wonderful description of the consequences in the House yesterday, well worth a look. 👍

21 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Dr Caroline Johnson MP Sleaford gave a wonderful description of the consequences in the House yesterday, well worth a look. 👍

I'll try and find that but I've seen hypothermia first hand and how people feel and behave.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Astounding! But do you believe them? 

Who knows - there doesn't seem to be any checks and balances any more - just lies and more lies... 

Then an

IMPACT ASSESSMENT  

should be done asap by some Official Body

I did read somewhere that Sir Kier had refused to make it available to his MPs before the vote ……. intimating, to my mind anyway, that it had been done, just not available-witheld 

If not done then that smacks of gross negligence considering the likely affect on some 10,000,000 OAPs

Malc 

Hey Malc

I fully agree with all that you are saying but what the heck.  It's the same old story. We are lambs to the slaughter. Off we go to fight on the eastern front. Just as long as you are still paying your taxes everything will be all right.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GMB said:

Hey Malc

I fully agree with all that you are saying but what the heck.  It's the same old story. We are lambs to the slaughter. Off we go to fight on the eastern front. Just as long as you are still paying your taxes everything will be all right.

I knew it. Just knew it. That fast track retirement visa, low tax clause, to the Ukraine! Got me again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Malc 

It won't be an issue, deaths will be blamed on COVID again, it's the convenient scapegoat that's been used many times, a gift to the government that keeps on giving!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

It won't be an issue, deaths will be blamed on COVID again, it's the convenient scapegoat that's been used many times, a gift to the government that keeps on giving!

Ooh they're coming now. Starmer the pandemic worse than Covid

4 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Then an

IMPACT ASSESSMENT  

should be done asap by some Official Body

I did read somewhere that Sir Kier had refused to make it available to his MPs before the vote ……. intimating, to my mind anyway, that it had been done, just not available-witheld 

If not done then that smacks of gross negligence considering the likely affect on some 10,000,000 OAPs

Malc 

Yes - he lied or at least by not being clear and answering truthfully bought time to post process some convoluted reasoning why it's now not needed. 

It’s confirmed the Govt galloped headlong into the devastating breach of trust of its OAPs and never bothered to undertake the 

IMPACT ASSESSMENT 

for the Winter Fuel Payment CANCELLATION 

all we can go by is Keir Starmer historic assessment from 2017 when urging the then Govt not to cancel the WFPayment that it could result in the premature and Govt induced OAP deaths of some 3850 souls 

So Labour did an earlier IMPACT ASSESSMENT stating up to 3850 Govt induced deaths could occur with this policy of 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT CANCELLATION 

and they go headlong  down this devastating route they had previously condemned 

Oh well, we can only expect more gross incompetence I’m thinking 🥵

Malc 

10 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

It’s confirmed the Govt galloped headlong into the devastating breach of trust of its OAPs and never bothered to undertake the 

IMPACT ASSESSMENT 

for the Winter Fuel Payment CANCELLATION 

all we can go by is Keir Starmer historic assessment from 2017 when urging the then Govt not to cancel the WFPayment that it could result in the premature and Govt induced OAP deaths of some 3850 souls 

So Labour did an earlier IMPACT ASSESSMENT stating up to 3850 Govt induced deaths could occur with this policy of 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT CANCELLATION 

and they go headlong  down this devastating route they had previously condemned 

Oh well, we can only expect more gross incompetence I’m thinking 🥵

Malc 

Now we know the value of an OAP life. £1.5 billion / 3,850 = £389k . 

Approx 4 times the salary of an MP.

Just over 2 times the annual salary paid to Starmer.

About 9 times the pension paid to a MP with 20 year service.

Enough to maintain  illegal immigrants for a year.

Indeed the £1.5 billion estimated savings from cancelling the WFA is almost the same as the estimated £1.3 billion that is spent maintaining the current estimated number of illegal immigrants in this country.

In conclusion, I proffer a heartfelt apology to Jeremy Clarkson. Perhaps I judged him harshly.

clarkson.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

Who knows - there doesn't seem to be any checks and balances any more - just lies and more lies... 

11 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

No Phil, you see your interpretation and mine of what is true no longer applies, our understanding is wrong. What is up is now down, what used to be right is now wrong, what used to be behavioural madness and criminal behaviour no longer attracts a custodial sentence. 

• Like 2

Zero  new

IMPACT ASSESSMENT  

should be criminal too ……. not just unimaginable gross incompetence I feel 

Slap’em in irons, throw away the keys ……, send them to the Colonies for retribution and punishment ……. (  Holiday in ) Jamaica. Barbados. Australia or even the America’s before independence ……. Nah, they’d be rejected, sent back …… these places only want “ good people “ 

Malc 

2 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Zero  new

IMPACT ASSESSMENT  

should be criminal too ……. not just unimaginable gross incompetence I feel 

Slap’em in irons, throw away the keys ……, send them to the Colonies for retribution and punishment ……. (  Holiday in ) Jamaica. Barbados. Australia or even the America’s before independence ……. Nah, they’d be rejected, sent back …… these places only want “ good people “ 

Malc 

If only we had a functioning opposition then we might have seen some real effort to make some punches count. Even the media don't seem to be particularly interested in making more of this. But then there is little true journalism left. 

27 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

If only we had a functioning opposition then we might have seen some real effort to make some punches count. Even the media don't seem to be particularly interested in making more of this. But then there is little true journalism left. 

It's an unfortunate fact that when a govt has an overwhelming majority which this govt has, and indeed the Torys enjoyed for quite some time, then a "functioning opposition" simply has no teeth. Some of the media are on this, but of course it is only that part that was aligned with the Tory party. The rest plus of course BBC are nowhere to be seen. That is again very much the point being made in the Spectator article. All of that former outrage once levied against the Tory party for anything remotely like this is now on holiday pending another election.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Agreed 👏

Historically a large majority govt is virtually a big flag that the main opposition party are in crisis. We saw this with Labour and Corbyn and other examples exist back in the mists of time. In this current case the Tory party were/are too busy fighting each other to be a meaningful united voice in opposition. Thus they fragmented whatever power they might have had.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links