Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

2 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

If you would like to check how your local mp voted click on the link below then select “List by member” and then “ayes” or “Noes/labour.

https://votes.parliament.uk/votes/commons/division/1841?byMember=True

We had a new constituency this year due to boundary movements. A new young Labour MP managed to win this newly formed seat, which I was a bit surprised at, but only with a majority of 1,361. Without the vote for Reform which clearly damaged the Conservatives (Reform took 13% of the vote in this seat) the Conservatives would have won it easily.

The new MP voted FOR the WFA cut - will be interesting to see if she hangs on next time around!!!

So then everyone anyone

How do we understand what’s in this Govt

IMPACT ASSESSMENT 

withheld prior to that vote ?

thank you

Malc . 

41 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

So then everyone anyone

How do we understand what’s in this Govt

IMPACT ASSESSMENT 

withheld prior to that vote ?

thank you

Malc . 

I think to get the answer you may have to ask Tony Blair, if he can spare the time away from pulling the strings!

1 hour ago, wharfhouse said:

We had a new constituency this year due to boundary movements. A new young Labour MP managed to win this newly formed seat, which I was a bit surprised at, but only with a majority of 1,361. Without the vote for Reform which clearly damaged the Conservatives (Reform took 13% of the vote in this seat) the Conservatives would have won it easily.

The new MP voted FOR the WFA cut - will be interesting to see if she hangs on next time around!!!

If the people voted Reform and not Conservative what would have been the outcome? 

3 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

If the people voted Reform and not Conservative what would have been the outcome? 

You could look at it that way around too... Same outcome - the combined Conservative and Reform vote was significantly higher than the Labour vote. I know come usual Conservative voters also voted LibDem - so again if the Conservatives had not got themselves in such a mess previously then they would have taken this seat.

See here for the breakdown of votes for the new seat of Reading West and Mid Berkshire: https://members.parliament.uk/constituency/4254/election/422 

this IMPACT ASSESSMENT  that the Govt witheld prior to the vote in the House

How do we get to understand this Assessment on the Withdrawal of the Winter Fuel Payment 

does anybody know yet ?

Thanks

Malc

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Cheaper fags and beer 'cos Nigel likes them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

How do we get to understand this Assessment on the Withdrawal of the Winter Fuel Payment 

does anybody know yet ?

Thanks

Malc

Rishi Sunak asked today and got no response. It looks like we will need a whistleblower from the Treasury. 

1 hour ago, wharfhouse said:

You could look at it that way around too... Same outcome - the combined Conservative and Reform vote was significantly higher than the Labour vote. I know come usual Conservative voters also voted LibDem - so again if the Conservatives had not got themselves in such a mess previously then they would have taken this seat.

See here for the breakdown of votes for the new seat of Reading West and Mid Berkshire: https://members.parliament.uk/constituency/4254/election/422 

Agreed. So why would you want to vote again for such losers? 🤔

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

does anybody know yet ?

Thanks

Malc

We really must keep on with this to understand if there were any thoughts on Deaths Likely

Malc

509,252.   Signatures thus far today 

AGE. UK.   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

NOW :——— to note 

I have just emailed my new Labour MP to ask to make available to me, on-line if necessary, the detail of the underlying 

IMPACT ASSESSMENT 

that was even withheld from the MPs prior to yesterdays vote 

When I receive the link, if ever, I will post it here 

Malc 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

I am going to reverse your question what would have happened if Reform had voted Tory .In terms of extra seats won very hard to say. However, I refer you back to my earlier posts regarding votes cast. It is clear that Tory and Reform added together exceeded the total votes cast for Labour. I think we can conclude Labour would have still won enough seats to be elected, but their majority would have been considerably smaller. That is very important, because they would have had to pick their shots on policy much more selectively.

Just in case I need to clarify. Farage you are a train wreck for Conservative voters . You have done more to damage that party than Labour have managed to accomplish in over a decade and a half.

I have no patience with Reform voters, because they ignored the obvious. That is, they could have furthered their goals a lot more by simply voting Tory than they could ever hope to have accomplished by voting Reform who are unelectable in any real sense. In effect they have simply enabled Labour to come to power with a huge majority and whatever they thought they wanted is now further away than ever.

Come on now. Use your brains voters.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I am going to reverse your question .In terms of extra seats won very hard to say. However, I refer you back to my earlier posts regarding votes cast. It is clear that Tory and Reform added together exceeded the total votes cast for Labour. I think we can conclude Labour would have still won enough seats to be elected, but their majority would have been considerably smaller. That is very important, because they would have had to pick their shots on policy much more selectively.

Just in case I need to clarify. Farage you are a train wreck for Conservative voters . You have done more to damage that party than Labour have managed to accomplish in over a decade and a half.

I have no patience with Reform voters, because they ignored the obvious. That is, they could have furthered their goals a lot more by simply voting Tory than they could ever hope to have accomplished by voting Reform who are unelectable in any real sense. In effect they have simply enabled Labour to come to power with a huge majority and whatever they thought they wanted is now further away than ever.

Come on now. Use your brains voters.

If that's using your brains then I do worry. The essence of your view is we should be content with the two party system with first past the post for ever. Fascinating how people castigate Reform voters but never Liberal voters. And conveniently forget Reform stood down in many areas allowing Conservatives an eighty seat majority. For what gain to either the country or Reform? Until we support an effective catalyst for true change then we shall continue to be hamsters on the wheel. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

If that's using your brains then I do worry. The essence of your view is we should be content with the two party system with first past the post for ever. Fascinating how people castigate Reform voters but never Liberal voters. And conveniently forget Reform stood down in many areas allowing Conservatives an eighty seat majority. For what gain to either the country or Reform? Until we support an effective catalyst for true change then we shall continue to be hamsters on the wheel. 

On the contrary. Follow the logic. Reform based on the votes received could never form a govt either on theirown, or in this case as part of a coalition. If you accept that statement then you must also accept that the vote for Reform simply enabled a supersized Labour majority. Now if you are talking about pushing the Tory party to the right in the longer term so that they then appeal to Reform voters then you have a point. However, you are never going to do that in anything other than the medium to long term which means suffering through a Labour term of office. Now you may find that acceptable and that is certainly your perogative. At 70 I don't have that time to wait so to me it is not a viable option.

I suspect we were both unhappy with the way the Tory party lost their way. We just chose different ways to deal with that.

19 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

As to the "wheel" Phil don't you think the worst Tory wheel is better than the best Labour wheel. ?

Whichever way and how and when and who …….. simple fact is Labour has won the Election …….. and is dragging us all screaming and shouting down a very negative gloom and doom path, LED by our PRIME MINISTER in some high vocal full measure,  that’s going to lead the nation’s finances possibly into oblivion and catastrophic hardship for those less able to look after their own finances to best effect 

OAPs are just the very first to be whacked around the head mercilessly owing to lack of any means to rebel and repel this onslaught ……… I’m amazed I’m personally encouraged, by the TUC struggling to try to find a way thru’ the Starmer Stargazing Reeve’s way to stop this awful onslaught 

TUC Members must be struggling to know how far to go to bring this Govt to its Social Socially Effective Principles ……, Winter of Discontent and Disruption could well be ahead ……

Focus one’s energies to protect those less able ……. this Labour Govt sure won’t

Look out for your OAP neighbours who might be severely impacted, suffering winter cold and hunger  

Just do it eh ! 

Malc 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Whichever way and how and when and who …….. simple fact is Labour has won the Election …….. and is dragging us all screaming and shouting down a very negative gloom and doom path, led by our PRIME MINISTER in some high vocal full measure,  that’s going to lead the nation’s finances possibly into oblivion and catastrophic hardship for those less able to look after their own finances to best effect 

OAPs are just the very first to be whacked around the head mercilessly owing to lack of any means to rebel and repel this onslaught ……… I’m amazed I’m personally encouraged, by the TUC struggling to try to find a way thru’ the Starmer Stargazing Reeve’s way to stop this awful onslaught 

TUC Members must be struggling to know how far to go to bring this Govt to its Social Socially Effective Principles ……, Winter of Discontent and Disruption could well be ahead ……

Focus one’s energies to protect those less able ……. this Labour Govt sure won’t

Look out for your OAP neighbours who might be severely impacted, suffering winter cold and hunger  

Just do it eh ! 

Malc 

Absolutely Malc, there's an interactive map in one of the papers showing relevant numbers and how many might be affected in everyone's particular area, it's worth a look. Octopus are running a support campaign for those in need, there's a thought? 

• Like 2

510,013.  Signatures now 

AGE. UK.   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

Malc

keep the signatures coming, it’s going to be more important than ever  

10 hours ago, Malc1 said:

510,013.  Signatures now 

AGE. UK.   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

Malc

keep the signatures coming, it’s going to be more important than ever  

510,331    Signatures now

Malc

As mentioned earlier. House of Lords.

A motion 'regretting' the controversial move to strip the allowance from 10million pensioners was passed by 164 votes to 132. Although the government fended off a bid to kill the plan altogether, the setback underlines the scale of the backlash."

I feel the proper scale of the backlash will appear once the nation gets hold of the

IMPACT ASSESSMENT 

that was done showing, perhaps the potential deaths from the cancellation of the Winter Fuel Payment 

biding one's time is ok for those that will survive but alas too late for those OAPs that will be dead because of these Labour Party MPs that have consigned very many, possibly 000s to a premature Labour Govt induced death

Malc

As I've stated before, the hundreds of welfare reform deaths since 2010 are outlined on the Facebook page remember the dead with how they died. No mp has ever been interested in that group of people, so you need to remember that fact. 

You will need to spend a few days strolling through the list of deaths, so just a warning on that 

https://www.facebook.com/ribbonsforwelfare

always remember there are no mp's out to save you if you find yourself in a camp like the long term sick and disable, and now in that camp the elderly 

you will need to log in to Facebook however to view the pages 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links