Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

14 hours ago, LenT said:

It might be worth reminding your MP that when he comes up for reelection, how he voted will come under scrutiny.

In 2017 Labour’s own review of the then Tory Government’s proposal to cut the WFA argued that it could result in the deaths of nearly 4000 pensioners.  

If they were right then - and turn out to be right again - telling his constituents to ‘get over’ the cold-related deaths of their pensioner relatives will not have been a good career move!

Like I told you, Len, all he says is that the issue is now resolved in the commons because everyone voted for change, thus that's what you have. The next subject, he states

• Like 1

Well worth a watch to hear the views of two seasoned political campaigners, although I imagine Ed Balls has some fascinating discussions with wife Yvette Cooper 😂

3 hours ago, GMB said:

I don't think it matters now. Am I imagining it ( or the newspapers manipulating the images ) or can you see the "ashamed of himself" guilty look on Keir Starmers face? Meanwhile that other villain Reeves has a big grin. I would not be so proud if I had condemned hundreds of poor old folk to a miserable cold hungry winter or an early grave. How very sad.

I think the only thing decent people can do now is to look out for any frail old folk who may be struggling this winter. I wonder if there are any charitable organisations ( honest ones! ) that are helping them.

Dr Caroline Johnson was impressive tonight 

3 hours ago, Malc1 said:

I did say about a month back here for us all to look out for our neighbours this coming winter ……. just take a little time to see what’s going on for them ……. making sure all looks ok  …….. as best we can 

There will be for sure a few  000s OAPs who will die from cold and hunger this winter …… and all as a result of this draconian Govt evil action  

Malc 

Well said Malc 

But fear not, there is money in the government coffers after all, they've announced that they will support (not pensioners )Ukraine until 2030. So although many elderly people will be very concerned about keeping themselves warm this winter, they can have their hearts warmed with the good news that the money they were expecting will go to a better cause, the West's proxy war with Russia! 

• Like 2

I’m thinking the financial support to Ukraine could be in the form of UK produced assets …….. tanks, drones, boats and ships, planes, troop training whatever ……. providing UK employment and economic well-being for maybe impoverished areas of the UK …… or am I doing a little wishful thinking 🤔 

Malc 

508,108.   Signatures now 

48 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I’m thinking the financial support to Ukraine could be in the form of UK produced assets …….. tanks, drones, boats and ships, planes, troop training whatever ……. providing UK employment and economic well-being for maybe impoverished areas of the UK …… or am I doing a little wishful thinking 🤔 

Malc 

It might be wishful thinking. I'm surprised the government hasn't come up with a plan to put UK pensioners boots on the ground in Ukraine, problem solved, and I'd be one of them!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Malc 

That aligns well with UK economic policy. For example, you want to keep employment levels down particularly in the 16 to 24 Yr group just expand higher education. Students fall out of those numbers. Mind you eventually you want build stuff and you don't have enough trades 'cos they are all learning how to be rounded (sic) individuals at Uni.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

It might be wishful thinking. I'm surprised the government hasn't come up with a plan to put UK pensioners boots on the ground in Ukraine, problem solved, and I'd be one of them!

Well my boots can be there as long as I am not wearing them at the time.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Well my boots can be there as long as I am not wearing them at the time.

You’ll be the Old Cobbler ……..  that’s a dying art I bet 🤔

Malc 

• Haha 2

After the vote earlier in the commons I have just emailed my new labour mp to ask how she voted.

Reply not expected.

You may have noticed my grammar is not up to its usual standard regarding capital letters when it comes to certain government words due to my current lack of respect for the establishment.

• Haha 3

At least one issue has been cleared up and it really is 'pure' politics. I want to 'kill' the triple lock pension, but I said I won't so just how do I do that without lying?. That's right, you keep it then chop it in half by axing the WFA. Clever hey?

Good news!!!

According to my MP it looks as though they are going to let us keep the £10 Christmas bonus. All we have to do know is decide what to spend it on. Difficult decision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Good news!!!

According to my MP it looks as though they are going to let us keep the £10 Christmas bonus. All we have to do know is decide what to spend it on. Difficult decision.

Two nets of logs for my wood burner, warmth for three nights, what a benevolent government!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Starmer and Reeves have yet to feel the full force of the TUC and the probable upcoming Winter of Discontent …….. we citizens too I’m thinking

NOW THEN   where’s the

IMPACT STATEMENT

the Govt has told they’re holding back on until after yesterday’s vote in the House ??  
This will be interesting to understand 

I hope someone presses for it soon 

Malc  
……. saddened and in despair that several 000s of OAPs will, because of this terrible action by this Labour Govt die prematurely this winter 

SHAME ON YOU STARMER and REEVES 

SHAME ON ALL YOU LABOUR MPs

bar those brave very few who voted agin 

We will never forget ! 

Malc 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Perhaps we should publish a list of MP's homes where OAP's can go keep warm this winter.

Do you mean when empty and still heated? 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, The-Acre said:

That's a good idea.  The logistics don't quite add up. They would have to make their own way to Ukraine war zones due to lack of Gov't cash but once there they would be kept warm from the incendiary bombs falling all around them.  I would certainly sign up for going because once I have been blown to bits the Gov't would not be able to rob me anymore.   Nurse get me meds QUICK!

• Haha 2

Govt                      IMPACT STATEMENT

I was aware from somewhere that this was being held back until after the MPs vote yesterday in the House 

So then, how do we press and who, to see it and simply, its IMPACT  on the OAPs this winter  ?

Malc

508,747   Signatures thus far

AGE  UK   Petition

WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE

33 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Govt                      IMPACT STATEMENT

I was aware from somewhere that this was being held back until after the MPs vote yesterday in the House 

So then, how do we press and who, to see it and simply, its IMPACT  on the OAPs this winter  ?

Malc

508,747   Signatures thus far

AGE  UK   Petition

WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE

I've dropped a line to Lee Anderson Reform party he was spitting feathers on interview yesterday 👍

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Good news!!!

Stamps for letters to your MP telling them what you spent it on! 

11 hours ago, The-Acre said:

But there is a plan Phil. That is to completely airbrush you out as a group. York uni wants to omit the words OAP, pensioners, elderly etc. Thereby removing any emotional attachment to the term. Thereafter you can be seen as just another consumer of resources of the State. Welcome to the Brave New World of Aldous Huxley👏

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Stamps for letters to your MP telling them what you spent it on! 

They’re going up 40p for 1st class soon be cheaper to deliver letters in my 4.3 V8.

Second class just like the government are not increasing.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

But there is a plan Phil. That is to completely airbrush you out as a group. York uni wants to omit the words OAP, pensioners, elderly etc. Thereby removing any emotional attachment to the term. Thereafter you can be seen as just another consumer of resources of the State. Welcome to the Brave New World of Aldous Huxley👏

For sure, just look at the regular use of Midazolam for elderly patients in care homes and hospitals!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links