Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

the quislings way out and allowed to abstain

off with their 'eads eh !      Madame Guillotine won't be needed  .................  just yet 

Malc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Anatomical differences ... Robespierre had b..s !

From May 1793

During the insurrection, Robespierre had scrawled a note in his memorandum-book:

What we need is a single will (il faut une volonté une). It must be either republican or royalist. If it is to be republican, we must have republican ministers, republican newspapers, republican deputies, a republican government. ... The internal dangers come from the middle classes; to defeat the middle classes we must rally the people. ... The people must ally themselves with the Convention, and the Convention must make use of the people.

Sounds familiar 🙁

The Grim Reapers …….. Sir don’t - Care Harmer with no Karma, and the Queen of Thieves do seem to be getting their Labour Govt way and consigning thousands of OAPs to the Labour Govt  Death Warrant this coming winter …….. 

We shall forever remember this terrible terrible decision and blame them personally, yes personally for OAPs totally Govt inspired deaths 

Any Labour MPs not voting to retain the Winter Fuel Payments are also tarred with this Badge of Fame of signing the Death Warrant of 000’s of our poorest and needy OAPs 

SHAME ON THEM  🥵

Malc 

500,853  Signatures now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

From May 1793

During the insurrection, Robespierre had scrawled a note in his memorandum-book:

What we need is a single will (il faut une volonté une). It must be either republican or royalist. If it is to be republican, we must have republican ministers, republican newspapers, republican deputies, a republican government. ... The internal dangers come from the middle classes; to defeat the middle classes we must rally the people. ... The people must ally themselves with the Convention, and the Convention must make use of the people.

Sounds familiar 🙁

"rally the people"...translated for Starmer speak this clearly is no problem has he so obviously does not want people anywhere near cars.

up to    4,000.    OAP. DEATHS PREDICTED  BY CANCELLING THIS 

WINTER FUEL  PAYMENT 

and this is Keir Starmer’s, our  Prime Minister’s own postulated figure from 7 years back …….

( We Lexus owners not anticipating any less in 2024 I’m thinking 🤔

501,281   Signatures now 

Malc 

11 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Interesting though not directly connected to WFA.

Germany notifies the EU it will bring in controls on ALL land borders due to 'continuing burden' of migration and 'Islamist terrorism'

This begs more than a few questions doesn't it?

Inevitable 👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Which country to follow one might ask

Both Italy and France have enough cause to follow that move. Both are politically swinging to the right as is indeed is Germany.

As usual we appear to be out of step.

Germany over recent times has opened its borders to huge volumes of migrants fleeing to safety in their nation …… unequivocally and with welcoming arms …

…. It’s been amazing to me that this occurred BUT knowing the Fall of the Wall and the uniting of the German Peoples …… I was not surprised …….. the financial implications were never an issue it seemed 

What happens now with current sentiments heaven only knows 🤔

ANYWAY. back to this WFA debacle 

501,628    Signatures now 

Malc 

502,015.  Signatures now ……,,

maybe towards a One Million Target 

AGE  UK   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

Malc 

36 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

502,015.  Signatures now ……,,

maybe towards a One Million Target 

AGE  UK   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

Malc 

Maybe with the unions now behind it....

• Like 1

Listening to the radio earlier today, there was a painter and decorator who noted that a month ago he had a full order book until March 2025. He then went onto say that the ‘fear’ of Labour’s October Budget combined with their attack on pensioners over the Winter Fuel Payment had seen customer after customer cancel. He now only has work into November. They need to realise, quickly, that confidence and competence are the most important elements for any Government. They’re currently failing on both counts, and so soon after taking office. They’ve talked the country and the economy down. Foreign investment is either very wary or pulling out. It’s a shambles. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

Listening to the radio earlier today, there was a painter and decorator who noted that a month ago he had a full order book until March 2025. He then went onto say that the ‘fear’ of Labour’s October Budget combined with their attack on pensioners over the Winter Fuel Payment had seen customer after customer cancel. He now only has work into November. They need to realise, quickly, that confidence and competence are the most important elements for any Government. They’re currently failing on both counts, and so soon after taking office. They’ve talked the country and the economy down. Foreign investment is either very wary or pulling out. It’s a shambles. 

Where we live, property always sells quickly, I've noticed how it seems to have come to a halt, people waiting for the budget I guess. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Well Rachel rocket scientist has just been telling Parliament that we OAP's are £900 better off this year !. I think the word we are looking for his disingenuous in distorting the facts. For most that £900 nets down to £720 after tax. Within that councils have taken their share in higher tax. Inflation rises across the board this year in mainly non discretionary expenses have risen more steeply than any year in the last 20yrs at least. Pointless doing the numbers really because to anyone living in this country you already know you are spending considerably more than the net £720 that you are receiving. How that translates to 'better off' only someone like a politician could work out. Are we tired yet? Tired of people bending facts to suit their agenda rather just admitting they have made a deliberate choice to injure the welfare of a lot of people who can ill afford it. No apology makes up for that. No bending of the facts gets away from that. You know I might have more respect for these people if they just admitted the truth behind their policy decision whatever that is.

The nice thing and it won't be much consolation to OAP's is that this govt is already promising to be no more than a one term affair. They seem destined to be what many of us suspected and remembered of a Labour govt. Indeed, they appear to wanting to set some kind of speed record in that respect. They have been out of office for 3 terms and the way they are going they look on course to repeat that in a few years time. There is a massive opportunity here for the Tory party and the Reform party to get together and unite in a single purpose...get Labour out. Let's hope they do just that.

• Like 5

I’ve just emailed my ( new ) Labour MP asking how he’s voted 10th September on this issue 

It might be useful if we all did this where appropriate …… if nowt but to gauge the MPs empathy with Constituent OAPs 

And to determine if they take the cowards way and ABSTAIN 

I have no idea how many of us now vote in Labour held  Constituencies 

Malc 

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Where we live, property always sells quickly, I've noticed how it seems to have come to a halt, people waiting for the budget I guess. 

This is precisely the experience of our neighbours.  They’ve been trying to sell for some months and despite good viewings they’ve had no offers.  Potential buyers did indeed decide to wait to see what the new Government had in store for them.

Our neighbours have now taken the house off the market until the new year.  Not a good time to be an Estate Agent, I guess.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

504,008.  Signatures as of now 

AGE. UK.   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

Malc  

Up to 

504,254.    Signatures this last 20 minutes 

Malc    👍👍👍

2 minutes ago, LenT said:

This is precisely the experience of our neighbours.  They’ve been trying to sell for some months and despite good viewings they’ve had no offers.  Potential buyers did indeed decide to wait to see what the new Government had in store for them.

Our neighbours have now taken the house off the market until the new year.  Not a good time to be an Estate Agent, I guess.

and definitely not a good time to be an on-line Travel Agent 🥵

Such gloom and doom being spread by our Prime Minister and his Govt  is quite unforgivable …… there’s jobs on the line here and lay-offs are, quite simply, inevitable 😭

Malc 

• Like 3

The majority of retirees are homeowners, thus they might actually be £900 wealthier. However, what about the older people who rent? This is from a housing association, and it increased by approximately £600 this year and £600 last year. However, it's likely that Sir Kier overlooked both those individuals and the increase in council tax.

1 minute ago, fourbanks said:

The majority of retirees are homeowners, thus they might actually be £900 wealthier. However, what about the older people who rent? This is from a housing association, and it increased by approximately £600 this year and £600 last year. However, it's likely that Sir Kier overlooked both those individuals and the increase in council tax.

As my MP has stated, the vote will be a clear win for Sir Keir, so stop wasting your time. Get over it, he says 

14 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

As my MP has stated, the vote will be a clear win for Sir Keir, so stop wasting your time. Get over it, he says 

It might be worth reminding your MP that when he comes up for reelection, how he voted will come under scrutiny.

In 2017 Labour’s own review of the then Tory Government’s proposal to cut the WFA argued that it could result in the deaths of nearly 4000 pensioners.  

If they were right then - and turn out to be right again - telling his constituents to ‘get over’ the cold-related deaths of their pensioner relatives will not have been a good career move!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LenT said:

It might be worth reminding your MP that when he comes up for reelection, how he voted will come under scrutiny.

In 2017 Labour’s own review of the then Tory Government’s proposal to cut the WFA argued that it could result in the deaths of nearly 4000 pensioners.  

If they were right then - and turn out to be right again - telling his constituents to ‘get over’ the cold-related deaths of their pensioner relatives will not have been a good career move!

It’s quite clear that this Labour Govt and Labour MPs are happy to treat their Party induced OAP DEATHS as collateral damage and is absolutely ok 

Just simply OK to slaughter maybe 4000 OAPs this winter 

Its OK to slaughter up to 4000 OAPs this winter  

This should be the new Labour Party mantra  “ kill ‘em off  WE DONT CARE “ 

Malc 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links