Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

I can go on but you get the picture. Why do we have to continue with professional politicians that have never had a real job? Middle aged men looking like the head of  a finance department? That just wont leave like now in France? Isnt it time to hand it over to the new generation surely it cant be worse!

well done Malc almost 500k!!

24 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

no idea what she stands for but she will have my vote. Previous PM of Finland.

image.thumb.png.0e434b1845dbdf155edb2fbee3d65168.png

Well you never know your luck Bernard.

She might well stand for quite a lot!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

I can go on but you get the picture. Why do we have to continue with professional politicians that have never had a real job? Middle aged men looking like the head of  a finance department? That just wont leave like now in France? Isnt it time to hand it over to the new generation surely it cant be worse!

well done Malc almost 500k!!

But what is this New Generation 🤔 ……… politicians seem to me, on balance, to be wanting to indulge their fantasies for “power” and money-making and getting positions of supreme power …… Blairite’ism comes to mind …… NOW. …… Tony Booth ( sadly decd. ) would have made a brilliant Labour Prime Minister …….. better than his bro-in-law for sure …… a real man ‘o the people ……. he made us larf anyway 👍🤣😂

Malc 

🙏

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Why do we have to continue with professional politicians that have never had a real job?

I think this is very much at the heart of the problems faced by every Government.  But at General Elections voters tend to vote for Parties and not so much individuals - and their choice is determined by Selection Committees.

In the end it must be the responsibility of voters to demand some real world, relevant life experience and expertise of the candidates.

10 minutes ago, LenT said:

I think this is very much at the heart of the problems faced by every Government.  But at General Elections voters tend to vote for Parties and not so much individuals - and their choice is determined by Selection Committees.

In the end it must be the responsibility of voters to demand some real world, relevant life experience and expertise of the candidates.

But how on earth can Voters Demand and get such relevance, expertise and all ? How can we do that ? What’s the process for getting this simple democracy back on track I wonder 🤔

Have we forever to put up with all these “ poor quality and unacceptable “  candidates thrust before us 

How on earth do we achieve something very much better ? 

Malc 

497,307.     Signatures,  so we’re getting there eh ! 

10 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

But how on earth can Voters Demand and get such relevance, expertise and all ? How can we do that ? What’s the process for getting this simple democracy back on track I wonder 🤔

Have we forever to put up with all these “ poor quality and unacceptable “  candidates thrust before us 

How on earth do we achieve something very much better

Excellent questions Malcolm!

Unfortunately, it’s not often that individuals who have created successful, rewarding careers in science, industry, retailing, banking, farming, engineering and such like, can be persuaded to give that up for a life in politics.

I suppose one can contrast the progress of Corbyn and Starmer.  The former was never more than a political activist; the latter was a lawyer and Director of Public Prosecutions.  - and became Prime Minister.

So it seems to me that Selection Committees have to seek out mature candidates with the kind of background that will change the face of politics in the UK and - most importantly - aggressively market these qualities as a direct contrast to the shallow youth offered by the competition!

I’m sure other ideas will come to mind in due course!  😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malc1 said:

I had the choice today to watch Sir Keir with Laura K OR Beechgrove Garden or Poirot 

Sir Keir tuned-up for about 15 secondsin totality ( he was being an absolute miserable toad of an asssole I thought ) Beechgrove on and off for 20 mins …… with Poirot winning hands down …… or up  👍

Poirot ….. could he be our PM even tho he’s Belgian ……… he is real isn’t he ? 🤔

😂🤣

496,885. Signatures now 

Malc 

Mais oui monsieur 

The revolt is now growing to include unions…

https://news.sky.com/story/government-picking-pockets-of-pensioners-by-cutting-winter-fuel-payments-says-unite-boss-13211672

Meanwhile, back in 2017 when the Conservatives proposed removing the Winter Fuel payment from wealthier pensioners, guess what Labour’s position was…they even put a ‘deaths’ number on it. Funny, they don’t seem to have mentioned that this time, I must have missed it? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13827471/Labours-plan-strip-million-pensioners-winter-fuel-payments-KILL.html

• Like 4

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

The revolt is now growing to include unions…

https://news.sky.com/story/government-picking-pockets-of-pensioners-by-cutting-winter-fuel-payments-says-unite-boss-13211672

Meanwhile, back in 2017 when the Conservatives proposed removing the Winter Fuel payment from wealthier pensioners, guess what Labour’s position was…they even put a ‘deaths’ number on it. Funny, they don’t seem to have mentioned that this time, I must have missed it? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13827471/Labours-plan-strip-million-pensioners-winter-fuel-payments-KILL.html

Speaking of revolution you raise an interesting thought Ed. What are Starmer's view on a Republic V Monarchy does he have form here? I am then inextricably drawn to thinking about Robespierre and his part in the French Revolution and denouncement of the King. He was also a lawyer could he be Starmer's role model.? 

13 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Speaking of revolution you raise an interesting thought Ed. What are Starmer's view on a Republic V Monarchy does he have form here? I am then inextricably drawn to thinking about Robespierre and his part in the French Revolution and denouncement of the King. He was also a lawyer could he be Starmer's role model.? 

Anatomical differences ... Robespierre had b..s !

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

498,601    signatures just now

Malc

499,012.  Signatures now

AGE. UK.   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

Malc  

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Yes. Apparently all to be forgotten and brushed under the carpet now….

https://news.sky.com/story/keir-starmer-once-called-for-the-end-of-the-monarchy-but-he-and-the-king-may-now-have-much-in-common-13173567

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13945259/keir-starmer-abolition-monarchy-labour-patriotism/

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tickedon said:

And Mr Starmer also made clear he did not want to abolish the monarchy when the issue was raised in the Labour leadership election last year, saying he would instead like to "downsize it". (as did Robespierre? 

Yet when asked prior to last year he described his support abolition as a "youthful indescretion" but offers nothing remotely similar to his Iron Curtain visits and support of Marxist ideology. Is there no one who can pursue the veracity of any statement he makes? 😕

• Like 2

No one at all I’m afraid …….. any Labour MPs agin will be simply whipped and excommunicated and thrown into oblivion ………. UNLESS the Deputy Prime Minister gets her dancing shoes on and does a sword dance over his torso giving the LITTLE PRICK here and there  ……. a dose of appropriate medicine 

Malc 

499,471.   Signatures now  👏👏👏

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

No one at all I’m afraid …….. any Labour MPs agin will be simply whipped and excommunicated and thrown into oblivion ………. UNLESS the Deputy Prime Minister gets her dancing shoes on and does a sword dance over his torso giving the LITTLE PRICK here and there  ……. a dose of appropriate medicine 

Malc 

499,471.   Signatures now  👏👏👏

I understand that they will be given the quislings way out and allowed to abstain 🤯

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malc1 said:

499,012.  Signatures now

AGE. UK.   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

Malc  

500,237       Signatures just now       Wowee       HIT that half a million PLUS just now   👋👋👋👋

Malc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links