Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

5 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Xeobe from Xanadu  surely 

493,127.     Signatures now  

Malc 

494,038.   Signatures til now 

AGE. UK.   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

Malc  

14 hours ago, Malc1 said:

494,038.   Signatures til now 

AGE. UK.   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

Malc  

495,334.  Signatures now 

AGE. UK.   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

Malc 

34 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

495,334.  Signatures now 

AGE. UK.   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

Malc 

In that last push to get to 500,000 I am pulling out all the stops. Actually, pulling out the Ouija board see if I can get any of my departed onboard(pun).

🤔

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

In that last push to get to 500,000 I am pulling out all the stops. Actually, pulling out the Ouija board see if I can get any of my departed onboard(pun).

🤔

The good thing is it should hit half a million signatures before Tuesday’s vote in parliament on the cut. It will hopefully focus Labour MPs minds…. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tickedon said:

The good thing is it should hit half a million signatures before Tuesday’s vote in parliament on the cut. It will hopefully focus Labour MPs minds…. 

Yes, big fat round numbers just catch the attention better. Half a million voters telling you they don't like what you are doing ought to mean something. Trouble is politicians frequently talk about listening only because they do not actually listen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

🤔

You'll get to  Zebedee of Zanadau    yet  Stephen

only 4,287 for you to reach that  HALF A MILLION  yes, 500,000  number    

Malc

4 hours ago, Malc1 said:

495,713   Signatures thus far

AGE  UK   Petition

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

Malc

496,318.   now everyone 

Malc 

1 minute ago, GMB said:

500,000 sounds like an excuse to open a bottle of Aldi champagne. ( 1 million for Bollinger ).

Well Gray you clearly don't need the WFA 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Well Gray you clearly don't need the WFA 😂

But I need the WFA £300 will buy a 6 bottle case🙂

15 minutes ago, GMB said:

But I need the WFA £300 will buy a 6 bottle case🙂

Hey ,look I am right there with your logic. Drink the wine , up your metabolic rate, internal engine heats you up. Alternatively, you are so anaesthetised you just don't feel the cold !

• Haha 3

“We’re making the tough choices now…”

Choice = large publicly funded pay rise for train drivers vs maintaining the Winter fuel payment for pensioners. 

Choice = other large pay rises for public sector workers vs maintaining the Winter fuel payment for pensioners.

I’m sorry, and I know this Government has only been in power for a few months, but they really are a total shower. Hopeless. I mean, I feared we’d see this, but not so quickly…

• Like 4

On 9/5/2024 at 4:12 PM, Phil xxkr said:

Wonderful contribution Ed! Do all Council members get this? Cheers Phil 

@Phil xxkr All candidates should be aware of the legislation, and I’d be surprised if their agents and party officials don’t provide some form of briefing or training.

The issue with this legislation as I understand it - and why it looks fierce on paper but isn’t simple - is that it specifically pins the obligation for candidates on damaging the reputation of other candidates through untruths. Thus, the reason the leader of our Council wrote to our new MP and HINTED at the legislation rather than explicitly referencing it, is that during the campaign she promised particular things while seemingly expressing that other candidates would not support those things. She’d have to have known - and it would have to be proved - that she also knew at the time about potential Government policy when coming into power.

What does all this mean? It shouldn’t be much of a surprise that all it really means is that the words of politicians during a campaign (frankly at any time) mean nothing.

One final point. During the campaign Rachel Reeves noted in a couple of interviews that Labour would have “…the worst economic inheritance since the war.” Yet now the supposed “£22bn black hole” is a huge surprise to them. People will draw their own conclusions as to the honesty and integrity of her and her party.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

@Phil xxkr All candidates should be aware of the legislation, and I’d be surprised if their agents and party officials don’t provide some form of briefing or training.

The issue with this legislation as I understand it - and why it looks fierce on paper but isn’t simple - is that it specifically pins the obligation for candidates on damaging the reputation of other candidates through untruths. Thus, the reason the leader of our Council wrote to our new MP and HINTED at the legislation rather than explicitly referencing it, is that during the campaign she promised particular things while seemingly expressing that other candidates would not support those things. She’d have to have known - and it would have to be proved - that she also knew at the time about potential Government policy when coming into power.

What does all this mean? It shouldn’t be much of a surprise that all it really means is that the words of politicians during a campaign (frankly at any time) mean nothing.

One final point. During the campaign Rachel Reeves noted in a couple of interviews that Labour would have “…the worst economic inheritance since the war.” Yet now the supposed “£22bn black hole” is a huge surprise to them. People will draw their own conclusions as to the honesty and integrity of her and her party.

I cannot make up my mind . Are

1. Politicians thick

or

2. Smart enough to know their lie,but stupid enough to not understand that we also know the lie.

Take your pick.

Tough choices are words that have nothing to do with which choices you choose to make. You make the choice from an array of alternatives on offer and apologising for the choice you make does not make it right. Now when I put that with another of their favourite spins "will be paid for by those with broad shoulders". Exactly how does that follow? Does depriving a few million of the poorer OAPS's who don't qualify for pension credit align with 'broad shoulders"? Rhetorical question , because the answer is of course it doesn't. It is just a bad choice. I do not include  myself ,or anyone of similar financial status in any of this. We don't need the WFA and never did. Take it with my blessings. However, it is clear there are literally millions who don't fit that profile and they deserve better choices/decisions from our politicians.

Wes old chum before you make an asre of yourself educate yourself. Take at look at Japanese debt for just a starter. Look at their age demographics. Explain why they don't feel a need to follow your 'tough choices' down the nearest toilet.

• Like 3

I had the choice today to watch Sir Keir with Laura K OR Beechgrove Garden or Poirot 

Sir Keir tuned-up for about 15 secondsin totality ( he was being an absolute miserable toad of an asssole I thought ) Beechgrove on and off for 20 mins …… with Poirot winning hands down …… or up  👍

Poirot ….. could he be our PM even tho he’s Belgian ……… he is real isn’t he ? 🤔

😂🤣

496,885. Signatures now 

Malc 

32 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I had the choice today to watch Sir Keir with Laura K OR Beechgrove Garden or Poirot 

Sir Keir tuned-up for about 15 secondsin totality ( he was being an absolute miserable toad of an asssole I thought ) Beechgrove on and off for 20 mins …… with Poirot winning hands down …… or up  👍

Poirot ….. could he be our PM even tho he’s Belgian ……… he is real isn’t he ? 🤔

😂🤣

496,885. Signatures now 

Malc 

I can’t put my finger on it, but Keir Starmer isn’t likeable at all. Even when he’s delivering bad news he has an odd ‘smirk’ on his face that seems to be saying;

”I can do whatever I like now, and the stupid, little, common, people are tedious and ignorant.”

His father was a toolmaker you know…🤔🙄

I hardly agreed with anything Jeremy Corbyn said (or says) but he does speak with an authenticity that Starmer lacks - it’s almost like he believes in something!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links