Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

5 minutes ago, GMB said:

I'm knocking on a bit and have a motorbike I could be dead before the year's out!

Think how much you will save the Government going forward if you do. That would be very public spirited of you!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

I was thinking about OAP strike action, but I'm coming up short ! 😀

I did mention before about OAPs somehow aligning with the Rail Unions   ASLEF and the RMT 

Also I’m warming to the mentioned WARM AID concept 

At the weekend I did pop into our local Oxfam shop to ask if Bob Geldof had been around recently …… he would be my point of contact to get this ball rolling if others felt there was merit here

We did prior suggest Rolling Stones. Beatles  and  Queen  with Bob Geldof   atop Buckingham Palace maybe 🤔 

Thoughts ?? 

Malc 

Presumably, the elderly population will have to establish a political party akin to reform, which was necessary because the general public's opinions were disregarded.

It's possible for extremely skilled retirees to lead the pensioners party, but who knows how it would work out.

I have done volunteer work for the community for 45 years, both locally and virtually. Those who asked me to volunteer online claim that I am more effective to others because I have always performed volunteer work for free at great personal expense, which many would consider foolish. I would agree.

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

I did mention before about OAPs somehow aligning with the Rail Unions   ASLEF and the RMT 

Also I’m warming to the mentioned WARM AID concept 

At the weekend I did pop into our local Oxfam shop to ask if Bob Geldof had been around recently …… he would be my point of contact to get this ball rolling if others felt there was merit here

We did prior suggest Rolling Stones. Beatles  and  Queen  with Bob Geldof   atop Buckingham Palace maybe 🤔 

Thoughts ?? 

Malc 

I think they should be atop the Bank Of England. They play we tunnel !

4 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

I’ve only just discovered that Keir Starmer’s middle name is Rodney…

…might explain why he’s such a plonker!

I think you have been spelling his name wrong. Pretty sure it's Kare Starmer. (Sic)

4 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

01b4318d-718b-4412-b93f-cc57ff6e12f8.jpg

4 hours ago, Malc1 said:

480,012  signatures as of now

AGE  UK     Petition

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT

Malc

Malc

482,148. Signatures now 

Malc 

6 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Presumably, the elderly population will have to establish a political party akin to reform, which was necessary because the general public's opinions were disregarded.

It's possible for extremely skilled retirees to lead the pensioners party, but who knows how it would work out.

I have done volunteer work for the community for 45 years, both locally and virtually. Those who asked me to volunteer online claim that I am more effective to others because I have always performed volunteer work for free at great personal expense, which many would consider foolish. I would agree.

Why not just vote for Reform? They are more sympatico to the over 65's than any other party probably because they fully appreciate the countries history and who created it 😎

Reform ….,,,  and Farage is a rather strange individual to have power methinks …….. not sure this OAP would place his trust therein any more than the other leading politicos ……. they’re all a tad barmy with strange mores and minds all over the place …….. now if Noddy or Noddy Holder was to be put forward as our Supreme Commander ( PM ) we would all have much confidence going forward …… fun and happy and not downbeat treading everyone’s happiness into the mud 

Vote for Noddy Holder ( is he still going ? ) 

Malc 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

482,787. Signatures thereon 👏👏👏

keep ‘em coming everyone 😀

7 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Well he’s certainly pulled the Trigger when it comes to his policies!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Reform ….,,,  and Farage is a rather strange individual to have power methinks …….. not sure this OAP would place his trust therein any more than the other leading politicos ……. they’re all a tad barmy with strange mores and minds all over the place …….. now if Noddy or Noddy Holder was to be put forward as our Supreme Commander ( PM ) we would all have much confidence going forward …… fun and happy and not downbeat treading everyone’s happiness into the mud 

Vote for Noddy Holder ( is he still going ? ) 

Malc 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

482,787. Signatures thereon 👏👏👏

keep ‘em coming everyone 😀

The last time I saw Roy Wood (Wizard) in the village local he looked just like he did in the 1970s glam rock days 😀

I might ask him to re-release a song “Oh I wish there could be heating everyday”

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Do you really think any Labour MP voting to support OAPs against his diktat will survive in politics as a Labour’ite 🤣😂

never in this next 5 years Parliament anyway 🤔

This “ free “ vote is simply rigged to fail OAPs …….. Starmer has history with conniving 🥵

Malc 

483.436  signatures so far 

AGE  UK  Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

• Like 4

Never mind the Winter fuel allowance the question is are we still going to get the £10 Christmas bonus?  We look forward to getting our cup of coffee each year with it. 

Mind you, when it was introduced in 1972 it was worth something and apparently it is the only "benefit" that hasn't increased in 52 years.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Never mind the Winter fuel allowance the question is are we still going to get the £10 Christmas bonus?  We look forward to getting our cup of coffee each year with it. 

Mind you, when it was introduced in 1972 it was worth something and apparently it is the only "benefit" that hasn't increased in 52 years.   

I only found out this was a ‘thing’ a few days ago! 

In other news the Government ‘aren't expected’ to interfere with the ‘triple lock’ which is expected to increase state pensions by more than inflation, with the rise to be c£400.

I can hear Starmer and Reeves now, but imho this doesn’t mitigate the loss of the Winter Fuel payment as pensions would have risen anyway (triple lock having been assured by all main parties during the election campaign).

I’m increasingly worried they’ll look to means test the state pension at some stage in the next five years, but I did hear an ‘expert’ on the radio a few days ago noting legally how hard that would be, as the state pension isn’t from general taxation, it is a specific contribution by citizens. Even so, I’ll bet in the almost ten years before I’m eligible I’ll get stuffed by one lot or another!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've just read that the Government is considering sending eligible pensioners on an all expenses paid trip to Switzerland. The good news is they will make considerable savings going forward.

The bad news it is only a one way ticket.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

In other news the Government ‘aren't expected’ to interfere with the ‘triple lock’ which is expected to increase state pensions by more than inflation, with the rise to be c£400.

What's the betting come Budget time they will say that although they intended to keep the triple lock, they have found a bigger black hole and they can't afford it this year. Remember Brown who gave pensioners a 75p a week rise in 1999 I think.  I wouldn't bet against it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links