Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

Throughout history, the pensioners along with the long term sick and disabled have always suffered the worst from all political parties and that will never change. 

My take on this is that simply, when the House sits again, that the Tories and the Labour MPs that have been shafted with this terrible OAPs death wish on their part, the Labour MPs that is ......  will be even more Revolting than we think possible 

New inexperienced  Labour MPs just haven't been anticipating this dreadful scene shoved up their noses so soon in Govt 

Diane Abbott, Jeremy Corbyn, Ashworth and indeed the Deputy PM  Angela ( dance your socks off ) Rayner will be the Left Left Left Wing Factor that will oust Starmer and Reeves in some short measure ...............  my thoughts anyway 😉

and the Conservatives WILL be making much of this I'm sure .........  in the House of course 

This     WINTER FUEL PAYMENT     debacle is consigning potentially many 000's of OAPs to their premature deaths this winter 

461,374 have now signed the Petition

AGE UK   Petition  

Malc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

I’m of the opinion that the only real difference between the parties is scrutiny. Outside of Government, there is little except for the most outrageous scandals. Once in Government things change. So, for all of those people who believed Labour would ‘clean up’ Government and restore it to ‘public service’ I’m afraid I have some bad news…there really isn’t much difference. There will inevitably be ‘bad apples’ in all walks of life, albeit within the Palace of Westminster the proportion seems to be rather high…

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-mp-defends-himself-as-renters-champion-after-poor-conditions-found-in-his-properties-13206274

It will be interesting to see what Starmer decides to do about MPs such as this example. Very little would be my guess. Vive la difference?

Back to Winter Fuel payments and the article in Spectator magazine, I do feel that if Jeremy Hunt had implemented this policy there would have been protest marches organised by SWP across the country with wall to wall media coverage of pensioners in hovels wrapped in blankets. Other than the Newsnight interview and the online petition, to quote Bjork, “…it’s oh so quiet…shhh!”

Unfortunately national elections in the UK, USA, France, Greece, Germany etc. are increasingly a choice through gritted teeth of the ‘least worst option.’

Meanwhile, the US election choice and mood is summed up pretty well here.

https://news.sky.com/story/forgotten-rust-belt-town-embraces-donald-trump-despite-his-broken-promises-13206487

This is from the same Mark Stone a few days ago - 

There was an electric atmosphere inside the Chicago convention centre for Obama. Not Barack, but Michelle. She was the warm-up for her husband but as she proved at the 2016 Democratic Convention with her famous "when they go low, we go high" speech, she is the real orator, not him. The crowd of 20,000 hung on every one of word of her words. It was a speech of hope, of what could be under a president Kamala Harris. Not the darkness, the "smallness" as she sees it of Donald Trump.

So I guess we know where he stands then👍

• Like 2

462,060.  Signatures just now 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

AGE. UK.   Petition 

Malc 

this is now a very big number 👏

• Like 2

Is it true?   Winter fuel allowance gone. Energy price cap increase due soon. 10 p on fuel duty has been suggested. and a surtax on slippers of 50%. Pullovers and cardigan purchases to be means tested. Prescription charges to be re-introduced for old gits.

Werther's originals to be banned. I could go on but I can't be bothered.   Anyone get the feeling that the Labour gov't don't like us?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, GMB said:

Werther's originals to be banned.

As if we pensioners are not suffering enough under this Labour Government, I also discovered today that the production of Truffle Marmite has been discontinued!  🙁

Is there to be no end to this horror?  😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On a lighter note …….. tfl and all bus coys are to be compelled  to run 24/7 all over, so OAPs with their Bus Passes can travel the nation warm and comfy this winter and save on their home heating 

👏👏👏. BUT sadly I jest 🥵

Malc 

462,607.     Signatures to date 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

Petition   AGE. UK 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

so OAPs with their Bus Passes can travel the nation warm and comfy this winter and save on their home heating 

Drat!!
I knew that the day would come when I would regret not getting a Bus Pass.  🥵

It was that or a Lexus…

• Haha 1

I get mine in March (subject to the pension age not rising before then!) but the bus stop is half a mile away so will still need the car to get to the stop. 😀

• Haha 3

Of the 650 MPs elected some 335 are brand new MPs I’m reading 

It’s all of these at least that need to REVOLT on the Starmer Harmer  Rachel Reeves. Queen of Thieves theft of the

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

AGE UK. Petition now at 

463,808   Signatures  👏👏👏

Malc 

If MPs want to scrap the Winter Fuel Allowance they should lose their own fuel allowance and share the pain with pensioners. Agree? Sign the petition today: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/strip-mps-of-their-fuel-allowance?source=whatsapp-share-button&utm_campaign=blast53877&utm_medium=socialshare&utm_source=whatsapp&share=afbbe030-bd0a-417a-b7a0-8bf6b2ec60ea

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Williams said:

If MPs want to scrap the Winter Fuel Allowance they should lose their own fuel allowance and share the pain with pensioners. Agree? Sign the petition today: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/strip-mps-of-their-fuel-allowance?source=whatsapp-share-button&utm_campaign=blast53877&utm_medium=socialshare&utm_source=whatsapp&share=afbbe030-bd0a-417a-b7a0-8bf6b2ec60ea

This is 'difficult'. I have every and I do mean every sympathy with the thought process behind this. Unfortunately, the thinking does not meet my standard for good reasoning. I explain, If you have a job that requires a uniform then your employer might provide that for you and I don't think this idea is particularly contentious. Ergo if you are an MP and that job necessitates a second residence with it's attendant costs including fuel provision it fits the same logic. The whole argument of tying that provision to the isse of OAP's winter fuel allowance is to be frank nonsensical in rational terms. It is an emotional fed reasoning to people who are both angry and frustrated. The answer to the latter is not to compound one wrong with adding another wrong. The answer is to correct the original mistake. Change the logistical way in which the policy is applied, raise the means testing barrier. It's obvious, and it's right. The problem I suspect is that it is not as simple to execute as their current criteria and if you add in extra bureaucratic costs to the process the relatively small saving will evaporate completely. In summary, be the 'bigger man' , admit you got it wrong, apologise, cancel the policy and win a bit of public support back. Move on.

• Like 2

464,670. Signatures till now 

AGE. UK.   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

I am anticipating the 335 brand new MPs with zilch experience of front line politics might have the balls to stand-up and be counted and, given the opportunity, vote this down ……. their consciences just might kick in 🤔

Malc 

45 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

464,670. Signatures till now 

AGE. UK.   Petition 

WINTER FUEL PAYMENT 

I am anticipating the 335 brand new MPs with zilch experience of front line politics might have the balls to stand-up and be counted and, given the opportunity, vote this down ……. their consciences just might kick in 🤔

Malc 

Malc, if they were the same beneficiaries of marginal swing seat from Tory to Labour they must be downright stupid not to understand the impact at the next election. You know the old adage "what has been given can be taken away". They should be thinking about that.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

This is 'difficult'. I have every and I do mean every sympathy with the thought process behind this. Unfortunately, the thinking does not meet my standard for good reasoning. I explain, If you have a job that requires a uniform then your employer might provide that for you and I don't think this idea is particularly contentious. Ergo if you are an MP and that job necessitates a second residence with it's attendant costs including fuel provision it fits the same logic. The whole argument of tying that provision to the isse of OAP's winter fuel allowance is to be frank nonsensical in rational terms. It is an emotional fed reasoning to people who are both angry and frustrated. The answer to the latter is not to compound one wrong with adding another wrong. The answer is to correct the original mistake. Change the logistical way in which the policy is applied, raise the means testing barrier. It's obvious, and it's right. The problem I suspect is that it is not as simple to execute as their current criteria and if you add in extra bureaucratic costs to the process the relatively small saving will evaporate completely. In summary, be the 'bigger man' , admit you got it wrong, apologise, cancel the policy and win a bit of public support back. Move on.

Nice idea but does anyone recall a single instance when this happened? It won't happen, it's in their DNA, historically Conservatives raise taxes when they have too, Labour when they can 😱

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Nice idea but does anyone recall a single instance when this happened? It won't happen, it's in their DNA, historically Conservatives raise taxes when they have too, Labour when they can 😱

Therefore I repeat given they don't do this, change their minds, all the more reason to canvas widely for a change to the system that takes away the scale of their power and puts it where it belongs back in the hands of the voters.

• Like 3

Then she’s always been Rachel Reeves Queen of Thieves but she’s now extending it to ALL even  impoverished OAPs 

New Labour Govt policy ……. beat up ALL OAPs not just those who can afford heating AND food this winter 

STARMER and. REEVES an utter disgrace 

AND all those Labour MPs supporting this potential death wish on many many, possibly 000’s of OAPs this winter 

SHAME ON THEM 🥵

Malc 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links