Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Could be tough love gone fiscally wrong. Given, longevity + equals Healthcare costs +. Based upon;

"Cold activates a cellular cleansing mechanism that breaks down harmful protein aggregations responsible for various diseases associated with aging. In recent years, studies on different model organisms have already shown that life expectancy increases significantly when body temperature is lowered."

Rachie cares, Who'd thunk it.

First read 'orgasms' and briefly looked forward to the cold weather!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

James Murray MP suffering terribly under inquisition on tv …….. how unfair is all this ……. how on earth can he possibly manage on his salary of ……. 👏👏👏👏👏👍👍£ 91,346 PLUS PLUS PLUS all sorts of necessary expenses …….. 👍👍

it surprises me that to cover some of this Rachel Reeves Black Hole of £22bn caused by ( inter alia ) this MPs salary that OAPs aren’t being given a State Pension Cut and FORTHWITH 

Malc 

I do really really despair with Sir Keir Harmer and his Queen of Thieves 

454,683                  signatures thus far everyone

keep 'em coming please  👋👋👋

AGE UK   Petition

Malc

• Like 1

In that interview the words "difficult choice" features large. There seems to be some implication that difficult over rides choice. policy is always about choice irrespective of it being hard ,or indeed easy. What I would like to know is who decided this was a wise choice and why? I would also like to know who thought this logistical approach setting the barrier at it's current level was a wise choice, or even a fair choice? In other words I want to know the real thinking on this policy ,because as choices go it just looks to be not understandable. Why pick a fight with 10 million pensioners for numbers like £1.5 billion.

Plucked straight off todays tabliod;

"Record numbers of migrants living in Britain and not working are costing the taxpayer an estimated £8 billion a year, a new report warns.

Official figures show 1,689,000 non-UK nationals are either unemployed or classed as economically inactive because they are not looking for a job."

"The Centre for Migration Control put the cost to taxpayers at £8.5 billion a year."

Hardly an unbiased source ,but picked anyway ,because the numbers don't even have to be nearly right to make the point. I am very confident I could compile a list of 10 too 20 issues where the numbers would probably be more significant than those at the heart of this Winter Fuel issue.

Over and above whatever I might think about the 'fairness' of this new policy, I can't move past the core issue of it just looks politically irrational and ill thought out. If I want to pick a fight tonight that I can win and be thought well about I am not going to pick on a 6ft 5 inch behemoth who is also the pillar of his community. No, I look for a wimpy 5 footer who just stole the old ladies purse.

May be we should attribute all this to having not been in political power for so long they have no worthwhile experience of how to wield it? Oh dear, if my middle name was Caesar I would be very worried about October, March ,and every month inbetween, because even without eyes in the back of my head I can feel the dagger coming.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

If I want to pick a fight tonight that I can win and be thought well about I am not going to pick on a 6ft 5 inch behemoth who is also the pillar of his community. No, I look for a wimpy 5 footer who just stole the old ladies purse.

This is worth a read on a similar path…broadly how are Labour ‘getting away’ with so much when the previous Conservative Government would have been vilified for the exact same policy

It seems few people are willing to publicly pick a fight with Labour. For the moment anyway…

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/labours-age-of-miracles/

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

This is worth a read on a similar path…broadly how are Labour ‘getting away’ with so much when the previous Conservative Government would have been vilified for the exact same policy. 

It seems few people are willing to publicly pick a fight with Labour. For the moment anyway…

Very interesting article and quite true. Of course having the World Renowned BBC on Labour's side did them no harm during the election but we'll see how long that lasts when discussions about Licence Fees kick-off.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

This is worth a read on a similar path…broadly how are Labour ‘getting away’ with so much when the previous Conservative Government would have been vilified for the exact same policy. 

Interesting read and the points made do have merit.

49 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

my middle name was Caesar

such is a limp leafy salad ................   don't mean it really  ................. 😇

Nope. I understand quite simply, coz I am simple too, that the Queen of Thieves and Sir Keir Harmer simply chose the OAPs to mess with coz they thought .......  Wot an Easy Target ............  No representation and Zero ability to Question it to any effect and anyway, wot the F..k could they ever do about it now !  Stupid OAPs eh !

That's my take on it, simplicity itself .....  from this simpleton writing this today ....  anyway, the latest

AGE  UK  Petition figure is 

456,874    signatories to this Petition 

Malc

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

In that interview the words "difficult choice" features large. There seems to be some implication that difficult over rides choice. Policy is always about choice irrespective of it being hard ,or indeed easy. What I would like to know is who decided this was a wise choice and why? I would also like to know who thought this logistical approach setting the barrier at it's current level was a wise choice, or even a fair choice? In other words I want to know the real thinking on this policy ,because as choices go it just looks to be not understandable. Why pick a fight with 10 million pensioners for numbers like £1.5 billion.

Plucked straight off todays tabliod;

"Record numbers of migrants living in Britain and not working are costing the taxpayer an estimated £8 billion a year, a new report warns.

Official figures show 1,689,000 non-UK nationals are either unemployed or classed as economically inactive because they are not looking for a job."

"The Centre for Migration Control put the cost to taxpayers at £8.5 billion a year."

Hardly an unbiased source ,but picked anyway ,because the numbers don't even have to be nearly right to make the point. I am very confident I could compile a list of 10 too 20 issues where the numbers would probably be more significant than those at the heart of this Winter Fuel issue.

Over and above whatever I might think about the 'fairness' of this new policy, I can't move past the core issue of it just looks politically irrational and ill thought out. If I want to pick a fight tonight that I can win and be thought well about I am not going to pick on a 6ft 5 inch behemoth who is also the pillar of his community. No, I look for a wimpy 5 footer who just stole the old ladies purse.

May be we should attribute all this to having not been in political power for so long they have no worthwhile experience of how to wield it? Oh dear, if my middle name was Caesar I would be very worried about October, March ,and every month inbetween, because even without eyes in the back of my head I can feel the dagger coming.

Political correctness is the cause this will not be on the agenda. Any politician trying to adress this and name the facts as they are will be canceled, called racist, fascist,nazi, right wing etc etc. End of career. Best to keep it silent so it does not exist? Seems the Scandinavians have finally got it with the welfare state under threath resulting in new policies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

such is a limp leafy salad ................   don't mean it really  ................. 😇

Nope. I understand quite simply, coz I am simple too, that the Queen of Thieves and Sir Keir Harmer simply chose the OAPs to mess with coz they thought .......  Wot an Easy Target ............  No representation and Zero ability to Question it to any effect and anyway, wot the F..k could they ever do about it now !  Stupid OAPs eh !

That's my take on it, simplicity itself .....  from this simpleton writing this today ....  anyway, the latest

AGE  UK  Petition figure is 

456,874    signatories to this Petition 

Malc

At the risk of repetition - "intergenerational fairness" 

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

At the risk of repetition - "intergenerational fairness" 

Yes for sure ……. over age 80 and you still receive it ……. such a disgrace ……. 🐌🐌🐌

Malc 

4 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Political correctness is the cause this will not be on the agenda. Any politician trying to adress this and name the facts as they are will be canceled, called racist, fascist,nazi, right wing etc etc. End of career. Best to keep it silent so it does not exist? Seems the Scandinavians have finally got it with the welfare state under threath resulting in new policies.

Never mind if you're the deputy PM just go to Ibiza. As in todays Mail

"One moment you're in Dagenham discussing cladding... the next you're raving inside a DJ booth at a packed-out Ibiza club night".

Is that raving mad you think? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Never mind if you're the deputy PM just go to Ibiza. As in todays Mail

"One moment you're in Dagenham discussing cladding... the next you're raving inside a DJ booth at a packed-out Ibiza club night".

Is that raving mad you think? 

She does have a life outside of politics that she is entitled to. However, an astute politician would not be so oblivious to how this plays out for the voting electorate. If I were a betting man my money would be on this loose cannon not still being in cabinet by the time of the next election. Gosh, she might have a new career cutting and supplying timber for OAP's woodburners ! All the 'rave' she will ever need.

• Haha 1

Hahaha ……..  she’s going to be the Lead Contender in the Abbott Corbyn  Ashworth  et al March of the Left Left Left footed brigade …….. let’s pray they do manage to actually think more of the OAPs not being able to afford any sort of rave-up holidaying mullarkey, not being on £91,346 pa salary PLUS expenses ……. and this with many 000’s of OAPs this winter shivering in their coats and boots warming themselves with a hot cuppa tea ……. maybe at the local Drop-In Centre 

You must note she’s “ drop dead gorgeous “  ( if only ) 

Whatever 

AGE. UK.  Petition 

458,275.  Signatures just now. 👍

Malc 

50 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

She does have a life outside of politics that she is entitled to. However, an astute politician would not be so oblivious to how this plays out for the voting electorate. If I were a betting man my money would be on this loose cannon not still being in cabinet by the time of the next election. Gosh, she might have a new career cutting and supplying timber for OAP's woodburners ! All the 'rave' she will ever need.

Wood burners and multi-story cladding is an unfortunate association Steve 😅. I understand what you say about work/life balance but surely only in settled circumstances? Having been told incessantly that the countries up to its arse (rear end) in alligators why do you want to be seen as part of the swamp? Shouldn't the optics be to be seen as instrumental in draining it? And was permission sought from Milliband before using a jet just to go jigging about? This really is a two-tier government 😱

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Hahaha ……..  she’s going to be the Lead Contender in the Abbott Corbyn  Ashworth  et al March of the Left Left Left footed brigade …….. let’s pray they do manage to actually think more of the OAPs not being able to afford any sort of rave-up holidaying mullarkey, not being on £91,346 pa salary PLUS expenses ……. and this with many 000’s of OAPs this winter shivering in their coats and boots warming themselves with a hot cuppa tea ……. maybe at the local Drop-In Centre 

You must note she’s “ drop dead gorgeous “  ( if only ) 

Whatever 

AGE. UK.  Petition 

458,275.  Signatures just now. 👍

Malc 

More like drop the dead donkey 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Wood burners and multi-story cladding is an unfortunate association Steve 😅. I understand what you say about work/life balance but surely only in settled circumstances? Having been told incessantly that the countries up to its arse (rear end) in alligators why do you want to be seen as part of the swamp? Shouldn't the optics be to be seen as instrumental in draining it? And was permission sought from Milliband before using a jet just to go jigging about? This really is a two-tier government 😱

"Wood burners and multi-story cladding is an unfortunate association". Yup! 😉

I think I did say she is basically a political numtpy !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boomer54 said:

"Wood burners and multi-story cladding is an unfortunate association". Yup! 😉

I think I did say she is basically a political numtpy !

Or perhaps very astute and knowing her upper colleagues , Charmer Starmer and the Queen of Thieves might shortly be for “ ze Chop “ and positioning herself for elevation to the stratospheric PM Top Spot when all those new Labour MPs get some balls ( sorry Yvette ) and push solid Labour values to the fore  …….. 

and actually couldn’t stomach a raft of OAPs being knowingly slaughtered at the hands of the Labour Party in Govt 

458,349   signatures as we speak  👏👏👏

Malc 

If only we had an MP that sounded positive. This country never has had one, and there lies the overall problem with the UK

should someone ever come across a positive clip from a mp, then do please let it be shown 

16 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

If only we had an MP that sounded positive. This country never has had one, and there lies the overall problem with the UK

should someone ever come across a positive clip from a mp, then do please let it be shown 

Well, I am no MP unless that stands for Most Pretentious, but I am pretty positive that I am going to die. Does that still count?☺️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Well, I am no MP unless that stands for Most Pretentious, but I am pretty positive that I am going to die. Does that still count?☺️

This is the message Keir should have sent out 

but fell well short 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links