Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

51 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

418,475.  Signatures just now 

Malc 

yeah, working my way through the "T's" now. Last application from Mr P S Taker

• Haha 2

AGE. UK.   Petition 

420,524.       wonderful signatories thus far 👏👏👏

Malc 

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

AGE. UK.   Petition 

420,524.       wonderful signatories thus far 👏👏👏

Malc 

I foresee I might hit a brick wall at the 'X's'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

I foresee I might hit a brick wall at the 'X's'

Twitter witter Twitter all the way for this X... enophobe 

Malc

422,312      signatures just now

10 hours ago, Malc1 said:

425,728. Signatures till now 

AGE. UK. Petition 

Malc 

AGE  UK    Petition 

429,140  signatures now 

Malc 

16 hours ago, Malc1 said:

431,660.  Petition signatures now 

Malc 

AGE. UK.   Petition

433,104.  Petition signatures now 

Malc 

10% more OAPs to die of cold then courtesy of OFGEM cap increase …….. and Miliband  👏👏👏this winter 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

AGE. UK.   Petition

433,104.  Petition signatures now 

Malc 

10% more OAPs to die of cold then courtesy of OFGEM cap increase …….. and Miliband  👏👏👏this winter 

Milliband is leaving politics. ITV have just announced a new Saturday night reality show. " Freezing with Milly". Contestants are encouraged to burn the contents of their home to stay alive this winter. Any survivors come 1st March receive a free 7 day holiday in Antartica. Cold drinks and as much Ice Cream as you can eat are all inclusive.

• Haha 1

Seriously now everyone ……..,I’m reading  it’s likely some 6.5 million OAPs will be in some huge heating / eating difficulty this winter following the latest Ofgem Cap upcoming this October 

I don’t know how they capture these figures but they do AND I would urge you, one and all, to look aside at your kin and neighbours this winter to just make sure they’re all ok ……. and to do whatever you think might be sensible and acceptable to, quite simply, help 

Ok ? 
Thank you 

Petition now at  434,192 

Malc

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Seriously now everyone ……..,I’m reading  it’s likely some 6.5 million OAPs will be in some huge heating / eating difficulty this winter following the latest Ofgem Cap upcoming this October 

I don’t know how they capture these figures but they do AND I would urge you, one and all, to look aside at your kin and neighbours this winter to just make sure they’re all ok ……. and to do whatever you think might be sensible and acceptable to, quite simply, help 

Ok ? 
Thank you 

Petition now at  434,192 

Malc

There is no denying that the Labour Party has performed poorly. We were all aware that their manifesto had contained nothing noteworthy prior to the election, and the only thing that could be certain was that it would change. Since the cabinet members of the conservative party were all extremely negative and out of touch, just like Trump, the public was unable to support them. Elections should be positive, like we see in the USA right now with Kamala Harris and Tim talking about positive change, not like ours, which are every five years negative and leave us in the same bad situation as the previous five years. What I say is that if you are unable to speak to your people in a speech like Tim and Kamala Harris, then just keep your mouth shut and go away and get out of politics.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, fourbanks said:

There is no denying that the Labour Party has performed poorly. We were all aware that their manifesto had contained nothing noteworthy prior to the election, and the only thing that could be certain was that it would change. Since the cabinet members of the conservative party were all extremely negative and out of touch, just like Trump, the public was unable to support them. Elections should be positive, like we see in the USA right now with Kamala Harris and Tim talking about positive change, not like ours, which are every five years negative and leave us in the same bad situation as the previous five years. What I say is that if you are unable to speak to your people in a speech like Tim and Kamala Harris, then just keep your mouth shut and go away and get out of politics.

It's hard not to believe that we are not living in a parallel universe let's call it Non-Sequitor 🙂. The Labour Party "has" not performed poorly. It "is" performing poorly and continues to do so. Will it do so for five long years is the only question. The Conservative party "has" performed poorly but to say "all" the Cabinet members are extremely negative and out of touch clearly implies and intimate knowledge of every member. This is an interesting conjecture as I doubt many people could name more than seven members in any Cabinet ever! 

As to the relevance of the USA elections evades me? But I defer to people with better insights such as Tucker Carson who commented on the DNC speech amongst other things, 

“This woman’s really scary; she could easily get elected president; she’s much more skillful than I have ever seen. She’s a liar on the deepest level, the things she is saying right now are not just untrue, they are the opposite of the truth, which is the hallmark of evil She’s an extremist; she’ll say anything. She’s much more like Gavin Newsom than I ever realized."

Ostensibly we have to / need to vote for someone so who's policies would you prefer? 🤔

• Like 2

There has never been a conservative, period, who has been comparable to Tim Walz or Kamala Harris. People claim that UK MPs are boring and that Americans talk better.
That's absurd. My daughter had to leave the nation for Australia after spending five years in the Westminster bubble because the atmosphere there was so toxic and nasty that she encountered the same people everywhere she went, with the lords patronising and condescending her.

Tim and Kamala know all about people as do i having spent 50 years of my life in public service. If i could have spoken like Tim, then i would have been the prime minister on a liberal ticket as a labour ticket in the UK is just as negative as the conservatives hence Nigel Farage now having to join in because of the negativity 

Gentlemen.  Please don’t let this debacle against OAPs descend into a political football on this forum 

I would like to think we’re all above discussing politics which can be and will be divisive 

Let’s all just promote whatever we can to get the badly affected, likely 6.5mn OAPs, into a better position 

AND away from having to make the sometimes personally fatal decision between heating and eating this coming winter …… for some it will actually be FATAL 

Please, let’s concentrate on getting this Govt draconian cancellation of the Winter Fuel Payment rescinded  

PLEASE 

436,896. Signatories thus far 👏👏👏

Malc 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Gentlemen.  Please don’t let this debacle against OAPs descend into a political football on this forum 

I would like to think we’re all above discussing politics which can be and will be divisive 

Let’s all just promote whatever we can to get the badly affected, likely 6.5mn OAPs, into a better position 

AND away from having to make the sometimes personally fatal decision between heating and eating this coming winter …… for some it will actually be FATAL 

Please, let’s concentrate on getting this Govt draconian cancellation of the Winter Fuel Payment rescinded  

PLEASE 

436,896. Signatories thus far 👏👏👏

Malc 

👍

AGE. UK.  Petition 

signatures as at this morning 

Malc 

mught be time for us all to write to our own MPs again 🤔

55 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

AGE. UK.  Petition 

signatures as at this morning 

Malc 

mught be time for us all to write to our own MPs again 🤔

NB      I've discovered over the years that when emailing / writing to an MP you need to put your name address and postcode at the Top so's they can see you're one of their Constituents 

Good luck  .  and thank you 

Malc

Also add in the statutory winter fuel price increase of 10% apparently due to the usual causes of wholesale price increases and shareholder dividend requirements.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Also add in the statutory winter fuel price increase of 10% apparently due to the usual causes of wholesale price increases and shareholder dividend requirements.

I think given their ages we should get the Rolling Stones to hold a concert to raise money for AGE UK. They could encore with Gimmee Shelter.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I thought it was a 'cap' not a required increase. Obviously companies will raise their prices to that new cap level though ....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I thought it was a 'cap' not a required increase. Obviously companies will raise their prices to that new cap level though ....

It is a cap as you say, but yes you are right companies go right up to it. The fact is after OFGEM screwed the pooch by throwing open the doors to every would be new supplier which LED to an wholesale bankruptcy issue there is now less true competition than ever in this sector.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I think given their ages we should get the Rolling Stones to hold a concert to raise money for AGE UK. They could encore with Gimmee Shelter.

Rolling Stones  .......  the Beatles ........Queen ..........   Bob Geldof .....  they could all get together, with their zimmers too if necessary ......... from the rooftops of Buckingham Palace too maybe with a simple opening presentation from HRH our aged King 

Malc

1 minute ago, Malc1 said:

Rolling Stones  .......  the Beatles ........Queen ..........   Bob Geldof .....  they could all get together, with their zimmers too if necessary ......... from the rooftops of Buckingham Palace too maybe with a simple opening presentation from HRH our aged King 

Malc

Hey if they can do Live Aid they can surely do Warm Aid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boomer54 said:

Hey if they can do Live Aid they can surely do Warm Aid.

Ironically, I can't think of a better way of embarrassing the crap out of Labour on this issue than holding a major Aid raising concert televised. They would be really squirming to get out from under the media onslaught.

• Like 2

Aren’t they too dumb to realise they’re being embarrassed …….. charging off willy nilly into the abyss ……. I’m reading that RR Rachel Reeves Queen of Thieves simply failed to do a sufficient Impact Assessment  ……. a sign of likely things to come ……. 
OAPs considered to be a “ soft touch “ with zero ability to make a fuss of any consequence ……..

hahahaha 11.4 million without a Voice eh !  How wrong those dimwits must be 🤣😂

it’s either going to be that Warm Aid Concert or getting ASLEF and the RMT on-side 

How can we get any of this going ? Or maybe it’s a little too soon ……. 

thoughts …….. 

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links