Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Winter fuel payment

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

526,001.  Signatures now  👍

Malc 

I read that the Unite Union are trying to force a vote on the WFA at the Labour Conference. All is not unity over this by any means.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

I read that the Unite Union are trying to force a vote on the WFA at the Labour Conference. All is not unity over this by any means.

An important announcement has been made by our Prime Minister, he has announced "I'm in control" Well that's such a relief, it means I can sleep soundly tonight, safe with the assurance that he surely won't last too long!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

An important announcement has been made by our Prime Minister, he has announced "I'm in control" Well that's such a relief, it means I can sleep soundly tonight, safe with the assurance that he surely won't last too long!

Yes, reminds me of all those times clubs have stated "the manager has our full confidence". Shortly followed by a sacking!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Reminds me of Captain Mainwearing 😎

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

I also read this today from the open policy forum 

"

The Labour Party’s largest-ever donation came from a Cayman Islands-registered hedge fund with shares worth hundreds of millions of pounds in fossil fuels, private health firms, arms manufacturers and asset managers.

While the £4m donation by Quadrature Capital is the sixth-largest in British political history, it is noteworthy not just for its size, but also its timing.

I wonder what they expect as well as the unions? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2024 at 4:24 PM, Boomer54 said:

From today's BBC interview of Lisa Nandy , Ms Nandy said: “Well, actually, there are mixed views out in the public about the winter fuel allowance. I think most people will accept that the very wealthiest shouldn’t be in receipt of something that costs the country over billion pounds a year. I think most people would accept that the very wealthiest pensioners shouldn’t be in receipt of a free allowance.”

Charlie cut in and said: “Sorry you were pointing the finger at very wealthy pensioners.” Ms Nandy replied: I’m not pointing the finger at anyone.” Stayt said: “That is the phrase you used.”

Presumably she means the House of Lords? Or retired Union bosses? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

From today's BBC interview of Lisa Nandy , Ms Nandy said: “Well, actually, there are mixed views out in the public about the winter fuel allowance. I think most people will accept that the very wealthiest shouldn’t be in receipt of something that costs the country over billion pounds a year. I think most people would accept that the very wealthiest pensioners shouldn’t be in receipt of a free allowance.”

Charlie cut in and said: “Sorry you were pointing the finger at very wealthy pensioners.” Ms Nandy replied: I’m not pointing the finger at anyone.” Stayt said: “That is the phrase you used.”

Presumably she means the House of Lords? Or retired Union bosses? 

Or retired MPs and highly paid Civil Servants now retired on Gold Plated Pensions  ………. and remembering I ( Malc ) said much earlier in this piece that any OAP recipient had the opportunity to simply DECLINE RECEIPT of the WFA 

wonder how many of these Wealthy Pensioners did 🤔

this analysis will never be forthcoming of course …….bit akin to the non-existent IMPACT ASSESSMENT that Sir Keir says was never done 

there’s however some 

AGE  UK   Petition 

528,000  ( all bar 21 )

Signatories …….. that have a different view to Lisa ( Numpty Dumpty)  Nandy  right now 

Malc 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Or retired MPs and highly paid Civil Servants now retired on Gold Plated Pensions  ………. and remembering I ( Malc ) said much earlier in this piece that any OAP recipient had the opportunity to simply DECLINE RECEIPT of the WFA 

wonder how many of these Wealthy Pensioners did 🤔

this analysis will never be forthcoming of course …….bit akin to the non-existent IMPACT ASSESSMENT that Sir Keir says was never done 

there’s however some 

AGE  UK   Petition 

528,000  ( all bar 21 )

Signatories …….. that have a different view to Lisa ( Numpty Dumpty)  Nandy  right now 

Malc 

Neither will the 22bn black hole analysis, or Rayners 5 days in a luxury penthouse in New York for a value of £1250 🤯🤯🤯

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

said much earlier in this piece that any OAP recipient had the opportunity to simply DECLINE RECEIPT of the WFA 

wonder how many of these Wealthy Pensioners did

As I mentioned some posts ago, when I approached the then appropriate Ministry to do that, I gathered that it appeared to be a process which they were not equipped to conduct and which would incur the recruitment of another squad of civil servants and ultimately cost more than the potential savings.

It was suggested that if I didn’t want the money I could give it away to a charity of my choice.  As that was what we were already doing, I ended our dialogue.

So it did puzzle me that Reeves’  attempt to deflect criticism was to propose the creation of a 256-question Means Test which no doubt would also incur similarly startling administrative costs and negate any possible savings!

• Like 2

My Rwandan work visa is proceeding apace. Current offer of employment has understudy to the assistant witch doctor. Just getting in some practice casting the bones. So, yahoo sucks to you  Kierless Sturmfuhrer

• Haha 1

The appalling ineptitude and unforgivable callous attitude of all these anti-social,  Labour Govt persons, Starmer, Reeves are but two,  is almost incomprehensible ……. to rational straightforward thinking humankind 

The fastidious, continuous and unwelcome “ putting down “. of millions of this great country’s OAPs will never be forgotten, nor forgiven …….. 

The pompous and disgraceful freebie clothing scandal will haunt those in this Labour Govt and Labour Party for aeons ……  and all so blatant whilst so many OAPs ( and others ) find solace and survival at a Clothesbank …… and Foodbanks and upcoming necessary, this winter,   “  Warm Spaces “ 

Malc 

we’re now at   528,058.  Petition signatures 

• Like 1

Yep, it's awful innit. The deceit, betrayal, lies, from these charlatans, but it's too late we are all ****ed for the next 4 or 5 yrs. And to think us mugs believed them.  It would be nice to see some justice and fair play but I doubt if that will happen any time soon. Anyway let's try and cheer up, it will soon be Christmas.... OMG...the expense! It's cancelled this year.🎅

Malc, I have once again been in touch with my new labour mp ( doesn’t deserve capital letter!) to ask how she voted.

Absolutely no answer to the question but on checking Hansard I already knew.

I think I may take up her offer of help filling in the pension credit application knowing that the outcome will be “ You don’t qualify” 

Winter Fuel Allowance Statement.pdf

• Like 3

Steve hi.   The logistics for her Team and those of her Labour MP colleagues …… WOW …….    up to 10 million OAPs needing practical one-on-one help to fill in the 240+ Questionnaire ……. and all before this winter hits …….. needs a fresh army of presumably Govt  paid new staff to assist here 

It has its upside of course, reducing unemployment across the Nation at a stroke …….., wonder what the IMPACT ASSESSMENT on the Exchequer might be …… just another £billion or several maybe 🤔 

MPs total lack of joined up thinking …….. there’ll be more ! 

Malc 

528,208.     Signatures  ( it’s slowing down 🤔

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Steve hi.   The logistics for her Team and those of her Labour MP colleagues …… WOW …….    up to 10 million OAPs needing practical one-on-one help to fill in the 240+ Questionnaire ……. and all before this winter hits …….. needs a fresh army of presumably Govt  paid new staff to assist here 

It has its upside of course, reducing unemployment across the Nation at a stroke …….., wonder what the IMPACT ASSESSMENT on the Exchequer might be …… just another £billion or several maybe 🤔 

MPs total lack of joined up thinking …….. there’ll be more ! 

Malc 

528,208.     Signatures  ( it’s slowing down 🤔

"needs a fresh army of presumably Govt  paid new staff to assist here "

Just for clarity the current UK unemployment rate stands at about 4.4% which represents approx. 1.4 million people.  Current vacancies in the Uk run at approx 900,00 give ,or take. The difference is what in the long term we have recognised has people who  will never be employed for a multitude of reasons. In summary, at these numbers the UK has virtually Full Employment. So, if you want an "army of new staff" please send your recruiters to my soon (sic) to be new home in Rwanda. We could let you have one Assistant Witch doctor which opens up a promotional vacancy for yours truly. 😉

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

My Rwandan work visa is proceeding apace. Current offer of employment has understudy to the assistant witch doctor. Just getting in some practice casting the bones. So, yahoo sucks to you  Kierless Sturmfuhrer

Which doctor? How lucky are you getting time with a doctor? 😅

• Haha 2

Of course the army of potential new staff to recruit simply awaits about 22 miles across the English Channel …….. P&O and other X Channel ferries await to assist AND that would make safe any otherwise challenging crossings of course ……. AND disband the otherwise unnecessary new Border Force and free up all that spend ££££ and those staff to work here in the uk 🤔

My little bit of joined up thinking to help Starmerfuhrer in his quest for good Govt  🤣😂

Malc 

• Like 1

BUT  back to the Header Topic please 

WFA.  Wot the …ck Allowance 🤔

WINTER FUEL ALLOWANCE 

be enlightening maybe at the Labour Party 🥳 Conference later  

Malc 

11 hours ago, GMB said:

Yep, it's awful innit. The deceit, betrayal, lies, from these charlatans, but it's too late we are all ****ed for the next 4 or 5 yrs. And to think us mugs believed them.  It would be nice to see some justice and fair play but I doubt if that will happen any time soon. Anyway let's try and cheer up, it will soon be Christmas.... OMG...the expense! It's cancelled this year.🎅

Mugs are what you drink from not vote for 🙂. Watching youtube just now on the Reform conference from Birmingham what struck me was ; with the exception of Dr David Starkey I know of no other who are totally supportive of this countries history, achievements and gifts to the world. Yet withdrawal of the WFA is one example of a very clear attack on the very group trying to protect our very culture. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links