Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Canbus Theft Tracker fitment

Although the main thread on this topic is closed I have inquired about this problem from my local dealer as my car is due for a service.

The reply was that Lexus are presently negotiating with insurance companies about the fitting of a tracker to all ES models. This is to be provided at Lexus' expense and would not involve any annual renewal on behalf of the owner for the life of the vehicle. It was not clear if this benefit is transferable on sale of the car.

The deterrent value of this measure is uncertain as it would not prevent theft and stripping of the vehicle for parts which seems to be the fate of stolen vehicles. Hopefully it would help to reduce insurance premiums. but mat reduce trade in values as the vulnerability would still remain.

4 hours ago, SuperSnail said:

The deterrent value of this measure is uncertain as it would not prevent theft and stripping of the vehicle for parts which seems to be the fate of stolen vehicles. Hopefully it would help to reduce insurance premiums. but mat reduce trade in values as the vulnerability would still remain.

Hopefully it is an immobiliser and tracker and not just a tracker as they can be defeated (especially one that can be traced as I'd assume they would all be installed in the same way).

It would only be a deterrent if all ESs are fitted with the device and therefore the thieves would know not to bother attempting to steal it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had a tracker fitted weeks ago by lexus at their cost it's a deterrent not a anti theft measure.Would rather lexus sort out software in the computer to stop the thefts.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links