Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Current drawer on is200 when asleep :-))

I'm seeing about 110 - 120ma when the car has gone to sleep after a few minutes. 

Seems a bit high? Disconnected the sony stereo no difference. Car has no modifications apart for the stereo using a bypass iso cable, amp removed completely. 

Anyone knows what I should be getting? Of if there's something to look at in particular to save pulling the fuses out one by one...

Thanks,

Yep, that does seem a bit high; I would expect about 50 to 70mA at most.

Don't start pulling fuses as that can wake up other ECUs and give false info. This is the best way I've ever come across for finding parasitic draws:

46 minutes ago, ETHel said:

Forgot to ask, do you know how many minutes it takes to fully 'sleep'?

I honestly don't know but I would leave it for at least an hour, maybe even two, before starting tests. It may not need that much but no harm in waiting, maybe have a coffee and read the paper.

Okay - my findings.

A bit of testing (i won't bore you) the results are in.....the siren.

Connected 120ma, disconnected 25ma (only takes my car a few minutes to sleep)

• 3 weeks later...

I put a Battery disconnect on my IS300, because no-one could figure out where the current was going. The Battery still went flat. The security system seems to somehow bypass everything, and continue to draw charge.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links