Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

RX450H+ - a few questions if I may...

I'm looking at an RX450H+ as a replacement for my Volvo XC60. After much scouring, there are a few queries that I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to and I wonder if you might be able to help please.

1. I've read extensively about the CANbus issue. Has this been resolved in new cars and, if so, from what MY please? I'd also read about Lexus changing their keys to the 'sleeping' ones. Is that true and, if so, from what MY please?

2. The Lexus website says that Android Auto is available wirelessly on selected models from MY22 onward. Every advert I've seen for MY23 cars indicates that AA is still only available wired and I've seen forum members talk about aftermarket dongles. Is AA wireless on any spec of the RX450?

3. What are, as of MY23, the current trim levels please? It seems as though Premium and Premium Plus have been replaced by Premium and Luxury. Is that right? Can anyone then point me to what each of those specs includes please?

Many, many thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, Astraeus said:

1. I've read extensively about the CANbus issue. Has this been resolved in new cars and, if so, from what MY please? I'd also read about Lexus changing their keys to the 'sleeping' ones. Is that true and, if so, from what MY please?

5th Gen RX's don't have the CAN Bus issue, not heard about the changes to the key, but they can be disabled manually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regards to trim levels as far as I am aware it remains Premium, Premium Plus, F-Sport Design and Takumi. I have a Premium Plus - absolutely delighted with it and proving to be more economical than my previous NX450h+.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Ken R. Would you be so kind please as to confirm that your Premium Plus includes:

Heated and cooled front and rear seats;

Heated steering wheel;

Adaptive suspension (and does this allow you, for instance, to increase ride height for off road or dip the boot for loading?);

Electronic sunroof blind;

Panoramic sunroof;

Auto park;

Memory seats (and, if so, can these remember two profiles?).

Also, does the instrument binnacle and/or heads up display do turn-by-turn navigation?

Sorry for the questions but I'm just trying to establish what I'd downgrade from my current car.

8 hours ago, Astraeus said:

Adaptive suspension (and does this allow you, for instance, to increase ride height for off road or dip the boot for loading?);

Hi, as you would expect, the Takumi model has all the items that you have listed except cooled rear seats, but as far as I am aware no model has the ability to vary the ride height as the cars are on springs not air. The adaptability is limited to the spring/damper responses set between Normal and Sport modes and a gravel/rough road setting selected for low speed driving.

I can confirm that the keys are designed to fall asleep after a period of time and this helps prevent boosting the signal.

AA is wired on MY22 but CarPlay is wireless. The native satnav and apple Maps will display turn by turn on the HUD but Google maps is not displayed.

Hope this helps…

• Thanks 1

Hi James

Premium Plus spec DOESN'T have heated/ cooled rear seats (front only), adaptive suspension, the panoramic roof with electronic blind is an additional charge option (which I have) and DOESN'T have auto park.  Yes to all your other questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant, very helpful @Xez and @Ken R - thank you. I couldn't quite work out what the Takumi had over the Plus except the rear window shades and more wood in the trim but those couldn't justify the £7k price increase for me.

That's interesting about the adaptive. The Volvo has a great feature where it drops when the car is off to help getting in and loading up, and allows ride height to be adjusted whilst driving to give additional clearance when going over rough ground. I've found myself using it far more than I thought I would!

It's quite confusing with the press cars they give out to reviewers - most are Takumi but some refer to Luxury and one of the Premium Plus models talked about the auto park feature...which wouldn't have been on the car he was driving!

So I think what I'm probably looking for then is the Premium Plus with the panoramic sunroof option. @Ken R, was there anything else you added to your Plus that you'd recommend please?

I added the protection pack (had this on my previous NX450h and NX300h). Other than that I had it Supaguard treated and front/rear dashcams installed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ken R said:

... and front/rear dashcams installed.

And me.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ken R said:

I added the protection pack (had this on my previous NX450h and NX300h). Other than that I had it Supaguard treated and front/rear dashcams installed.

and me 😃 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links