Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Extended warranty with a service, seems to me to be scam.

Regarding BMW extended warranty, it does cover for wear and tear, and is stated in the warranty details.

My BMW M140i at 7 years old and 95k miles had an advisory for play in the steering rack at MOT back in March this year. Without question they repaired under the warranty. Warranty cost is £45 a month, car must be stock, which it is.

Thing is I've paid for the extended warranty for the last four and half years, and it's been the only claim. There isn't an age restriction but at 100k that's it for the comprehensive warranty.

On 7/30/2024 at 10:28 AM, Matthews said:

Lexus GSF, 2017, current mileage 49,000.  Is the extended warranty associated to having your Lexus serviced by a main Lexus dealer worth having.

MOT last year at 39,000 miles had an advisory for an oil mist on near side front shock absorber, not covered by Lexus extended warranty.

Last week I had four new tyres fitted, front offside wheel badly corroded on the rim where the tyre bead seals to the wheel, so bad it is losing air.  Not covered by Lexus extended warranty.  My dealer said I had done well, the GSF wheels usually start to corrode after five years, apparently the inside of the wheels have no powder coating which is born out by the pictures the tyre fitters took.  Replacement Lexus wheel is £2,359.13 inc VAT plus fitting and I am sure they will need to replace the pressure sensing module.  I am having all four refurbished including new powder coating to the complete wheel, inside and out for about £100 a wheel.

Interestingly the T’s & C’s for the Lexus warranty for all models have a section “Maintenance parts e.g. parts that have to be replaced periodically” and items listed are not included in the warranty,  wheels are listed in that section.  Why do wheels need periodic replacement? I have never replaced a wheel on any car I have driven in the last 40 years including 50,000 miles a year company cars.

It is well worth looking through the T’s & C’s to see what is not covered.  I am seriously questioning the validity of the warranty and whether it is worth the paper it is printed on, and is it worth having my car serviced by Lexus.

I just bought 2 years servicing and warranty,

if previous experiences with BMW anything to go by £1150.00 for two services one minor/one major and a warranty for two years is incredible value and I jumped on the opportunity,

I had the dealer e mail me the inclusions and it was pretty comprehensive knowing the possible outlays if I don’t have it so without being critical for what is covered it’s at least pretty good 😎

On 7/30/2024 at 2:58 PM, DamianLEX said:

If we dare to compare Lexus reliability to BMW then any warranty is great whatever it contains. Leaving German garbage aside, I think relax warranty it’s worth only if we compare parts/labour to dealer prices.

If we use competent mechanic like I recently did for my ISF then I cannot justify Lexus product.

Also when I had RCF and serviced it at Lexus Cardiff, some small issues arised during my ownership (2 years).They did everything they could to fob me off every single time I complained about something.
Fox example, I had a small issue with seat sensor, they blamed I must have driven car with open door. That was disgusting 🤮 

I'm thoroughly unimpressed with Lexus Cardiff. First and probably last lexus I'll own as they're the only dealer option for me living in South West Wales. 

Interesting point on wheel corrosion. The problem isn't new but the solution seems to be less accommodating from Lexus than it used to be. Back in the day..I'm old 😃... my 1999 IS 200 Sport had the wheels replaced FOC due to corrosion (caused by lacquer peel) as did many other owners I believe in the early 2000.  Oh how Lexus has changed 😥

15 minutes ago, gb1600e said:

Interesting point on wheel corrosion. The problem isn't new but the solution seems to be less accommodating from Lexus than it used to be. Back in the day..I'm old 😃... my 1999 IS 200 Sport had the wheels replaced FOC due to corrosion (caused by lacquer peel) as did many other owners I believe in the early 2000.  Oh how Lexus has changed 😥

Quite right, Honda changed the wheels on my civic FOC only 5-6 years ago, cost something like £4k too!!  I don’t even bother asking, so hard to argue that there aren’t chips etc….

i had rc 300h and had a 2 yrs extra warranty , just had both front seat bases replaced by bham free of charge !!!

and took out a service plan with them {bham}..as it comes with free relax .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links