Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LAST YEAR DIRECTLINE REFUSED TONINSUER MY LEXUS RX an old model 2008 with 90000 on the clock and 6000 in value I was bemused as we are pensioners and don't drive more than 6000 miles, but we decided to buy a newer model from Lexus Guildford in May 2024 and 2 weeks ago its was taken from my drive in London sw***QX AT 4AM 

the police are not interested I paid £25000 and feel Lexus sold me a dud no security car....

very bad experience

• Sad 5

It’s appalling that the dealer didn’t fit protection plates that are available for the RX to prevent this. I’d consider legal proceedings to recover any losses you have incurred.  

• Like 3

Quite why Lexus allow customers to drive away in a newly purchased vehicle all the while knowing there is a serious security issue is awful, you would have thought protection plates would be fitted to any model affected before collection as a matter of course

Very poor business practice generally but not the sort of thing you would expect from Lexus who have built their reputation on reliability and customer service.

Very sorry to read of your experience Jayesh, difficult to comprehend quite how you must feel right now.

I would certainly consider Colin's suggested course of action given the circumstances. Very best wishes whatever route you choose.

• Like 2

Straight to your solicitor, with this footage and as much information as you can find about the known issue that Lexus failed to inform and protect you (or at least, advise you on protection measures) against.  

I wouldn't bother going to them without the solicitor first... only a way for them to attempt some slimy policy of trying to disown the responsibility, or offering you something not sufficient with a sneaky 'you're agreeing it's not our fault' clause in it, a favourite used by dealers when major issues arise. 

Can't imagine how crap of an experience this is for you. Shame on the police for not doing their job. Any wonder these types of crimes are increasing ... they get away with it, even when caught on camera. 

Sorry Jayesh to hear this,

I concur completely with the comments, if you have Legal Cover with your Home Insurance this may well assist as a zero cost option. Normally these provide Legal Expenses for goods purchased by you where the goods are not fit for purpose under the Consumer Rights Act. You are easily able to demonstrate that the Dealer did not fix the protection plates and that Lexus knew about the serious issue this suggests ( I am not a legal person !! ) the Car Security system was not fit for purpose.

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links