Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2006 lexus is 250 RWD

crfl

I recently purchased a 2006 is250 RWD. A month ago i started to hear a bad noise from the front suspension when i go over bumps at slow speed. i had it looked over and someone told me is the rubber boot ( https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/4868053031 ) so i ordered this part. I am wondering if i need to replace the strut mount with the bearing too, it doesn't seem to be included in the one i have ordered. The problem i have is really difficult to find for this model. Are there any other top mount struts that fits to this model of the car? Or anyone knows the OEM for the strut mount.

Sorry if i posted in the wrong section is my first post.
thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. The rubber boot is only a dust protector. I did an indepth post on how to swap one over and posted what I bought. My car had 90k miles at that point and the top mount is were like new.

Get a 2nd opinion on your issue because I'd say your mechanic is talking from his behind.

• Like 1

Crfl hi ……. Your MOT should have advised if there was a problem AND also if it was just the rubber boot/ dust cover ……. As Mr Vlad intimates these can often be replaced at comparative small cost and these days I’m advised come in a multi purpose size that can be doctored/ adjusted to fit the need 

Had one at last MOT on my 250k miles Ls400 ……. about £45 “ all up “ I think …… they can last a long time from new 🤞

Malc 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links