Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Drivers door mirror shock!

The Lexus mirrors seem to have all sorts of electronics in them

Does your LandRover ? 
Malc 

• 2 weeks later...

Just to close off this little event, I did claim from my insurers who didn’t make it easy but we got there in the end and I received the payout last week.

Roll on to this week and my insurer for the past 7 years, Direct Line, decided to try to start claiming back what they had paid out by inflating my renewal premium from £460 last year to £1027 for the next 12 months. (Note that I had NCD protection).

Today I renewed with Admiral who quoted me £605 on the Lexus (recent claim declared) and £220 for the wife’s MX5 if I was to insure that with them as well. So both cars on the Admiral Gold policy for £825 against the £1027 Direct Line quote for the Lexus.

This afternoon I decided to have a bit of fun and called Direct Line to ask if they wanted to reconsider their quote since I had found a cheaper insurer. TBF they could reduce it, they came back and offered me £970 😂 so I just said “good bye”

• Like 5

5 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Never Thought A Wing Mirror Would Be so Expensive to Replace...!!! That's Sore..!!!

I was telling my neighbour about the NX cost of replacement as I noticed that the mirror of her 22 reg VW ID4 had been hanging off a few weeks ago.

I have to say that the £2k cost both shocked her and cheered her up at the same time.🤪 She explained that before our conversation she had been feeling very hard done by after shelling out £900 for a new mirror….. she now didn’t feel so bad about crunching the mirror against the gate post.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steve2006 said:

If you think about it in say 10 years time a damaged NX 350 door/wing mirror could result in the car being an insurance write off!

Never Thought That they would Right off any Car For a Broken Wing Mirror..Good Grief.!!!!

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2024 at 8:37 PM, RXtoNX said:

Just to close off this little event, I did claim from my insurers who didn’t make it easy but we got there in the end and I received the payout last week.

Roll on to this week and my insurer for the past 7 years, Direct Line, decided to try to start claiming back what they had paid out by inflating my renewal premium from £460 last year to £1027 for the next 12 months. (Note that I had NCD protection).

Today I renewed with Admiral who quoted me £605 on the Lexus (recent claim declared) and £220 for the wife’s MX5 if I was to insure that with them as well. So both cars on the Admiral Gold policy for £825 against the £1027 Direct Line quote for the Lexus.

This afternoon I decided to have a bit of fun and called Direct Line to ask if they wanted to reconsider their quote since I had found a cheaper insurer. TBF they could reduce it, they came back and offered me £970 😂 so I just said “good bye”

Paul.. I,ve Had The Same Experience With Direct Line Who Practically REFUSE to Negotiate..Yes they will come Down a little Bit.. But Its Just A LITTLE Bit...Is Darwin Insurance not Connected to Direct line I,m Sure It Is...The only thing is Direct line are Good to deal with in My Opinion..The least Hassle If you have a claim....I have the dogs insured with them....But they are pricey...Rip Of Britain...IMHO

• Like 1

On 9/7/2024 at 10:22 AM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Paul.. I,ve Had The Same Experience With Direct Line Who Practically REFUSE to Negotiate..Yes they will come Down a little Bit.. But Its Just A LITTLE Bit...Is Darwin Insurance not Connected to Direct line I,m Sure It Is...The only thing is Direct line are Good to deal with in My Opinion..The least Hassle If you have a claim....I have the dogs insured with them....But they are pricey...Rip Of Britain...IMHO

Ron, DL didn’t make the claim process easy, initially at least.

Their claims appear to be outsourced to a Far East call centre so the first contact is with a female who doesn’t have the best grasp of the English language.
She will then start asking questions from a script, many of which are irrelevant given the nature of the claim and some downside illogical.

Firstly she will inform you that you aren’t insured because you didn’t report the ‘accident’ to them first & had it repaired out of their control. (She doesn’t grasp that driving without a door mirror is illegal & it is unlikely that a pattern part would be available)

Then, after many illogical & irrelevant questions she said to me, when I had just offered dash cam evidence of the ‘accident’, “were you driving on the wrong side of the road” At this point I went ballistic and demanded to speak to someone in higher authority who took a few details & told me that the claim was now in progress.

Shortly afterwards I received an email asking me to complete a survey about my claims experience. I didn’t hold back!

The following day I received a call from a senior member of the DL customer service dept who apologised to me about the experience. He told me that he had listened to the entire recording of the conversation and could fully understand my frustrations. In his words “it was a 40minute call which should have been over within 10 minutes, It was a simple own damage claim & the female concerned would be undergoing further extensive training.”

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links