Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

TPMS Programme Tool - interest?

Hi there, I might be in the position many of us have been in terms of worn out TPMS sensor on the my Lexus CT.  

1. My first question is whether anybody on here has a TPMS scanner that they are comfortable lending out (for a few £ for the hassle) to members on here, though I know it's a big ask / risk.

2. If not, I was wondering if there would be any interest that if I have to end up making the investment in something like an Autel MaxiTPMS TS408 or similar.. if there's interest on here for some of you long term, multiple year contributors who are active on the forum to want to be able to use my tool if and when you need, to programme your own TPMS sensors and then send it back to me. 

I'm sure there is some sort of way of doing it that minimises risk to either party, all I would want is the postage covered and some sort of temporary collateral against the tool to be returned when it's back with me. We could all save up to like... is it £800 or so for a full set of four to be replaced by Lexus these days? 

Lexus Direct Parts can sell the sensors for like £70, genuine and new. Unfortunately, they told me they cannot programme these remotely even if we knew the serial number from our old sensor without the car being on their site. 

You'd need to use this tool to read your dying one, then assign that serial to your new blank one.  Of course, a tyre shop near to you would need to remove and extract the sensor.. then you do your bit... and then hand it back to them to put in which is a pain and a cost, but given that probably none of us could safely remove the tyre from the rim anyway, I think we'd come out financially better than going to Lexus.

£180 plus VAT is what I was quoted for one sensor to be replaced, with no guarantee that the other three aren't far behind breaking - so the cost of this little machine to be able to re-programme them nearly seems like it would pay for itself in one go. 

I'll update this thread if I do end up buying one ... and how it works and will try and find a way to share it out to members if I can. So feel free to DM me if you're reading this into the future.  In the meantime, it'd be nice if someone else is already able to do something like this? 

Well, the Toyota dealer is going to replace my TPMS sensor as the issue was present prior to me buying the car (evidence in pics I took before the sale). Dodged the need to invest in the TPMS tool this time but certainly keeping this plan for the future should the need arise... could be soon if one sensor has already kicked the bucket. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links