Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LC V8 maiden drive

WOW that was a learning curve.

Picked up my beauty yesterday complete with box of beer for me and Prosecco for her indoors.

So, thought I'd be good and leave it in comfort mode until I got off the motorways...Bradford to Conwy, North Wales.

Had a play with the infotainment, yep it's fiddly to say the least as everyone says.

Off the motorway so I thought I'd switch to manual mode.....errr nah. Tried doing what I usually do and knock lever sideways and select M. Nothing. So, nothing behind me, I stop in middle of rd, try neutral/park, nothing. I switch off and back on...nope won't even get a gear now, hazards on 😅

Finally I must have held the lever to the side and got gears!!

Driving through the Snowdonia twisties, letting loose on the straights.....OMG, you're right, with revs up its an animal 🤣

My driving??   The steering is so sharp I'm inputting too much so the car's twitching left n right too much haha.

I'm looking forward to much practice 😎.

AAArrgghhh....Stopped in front of my garage, who'd have thought I should have checked the width of this beast at the rear!! Should JUST go in if I hold my breath......

Fantastic. Pics on my profile somewhere. Glorious mountains.

• Like 3

I very much dont understand the hatred for the old infotainment, i think its so much worse to have to reach forwards to press the screen, compared to move your finger on the track pad, not to mention if they put the heater controls into the screen too. The pre updated infotainment dashboard on the LC is also much nicer with that textured piece & the screen behind the glass.

• Like 2

Well done Tom ……… I’m sure you’ll get used to the delights and compromises with your new steed ……… losing the know-how to find the gears must’ve been so disconcerting 😂🤣🤞

She’ll behave better in the future I’m sure 👍

Malc 

• Like 1

Great photos 😀

I have quite a tight squeeze getting into my garage too 🙈 it does get easier.

Infotainment on all Lexus F cars and the LC... .stinks. It really stinks if you are used to driving something with a well sorted apple Carplay (or whatever the Google thing is called). But heh, I seriously question anyone who doesn't buy an LC because of the infotainment!

Welcome aboard! I was up at the Pondarosa today (Horseshoe Pass) - not a million miles from you.

Infotainment....Even on a 2022 UX the maps were dreadful until we plugged our android in. No option to do that with the 2018 LC.  I have managed to pair the phone with Bluetooth now and can get radio stations far more easily now 👌 

Dav, know the Ponderosa well, bro in law lives in Minera. Off to Bala lake this afternoon if anyone nearby 😍, glorious day. 

• Like 1

Tom hi.   You don’t have to drive like a thing possessed thru Snowdonia you know 😂

When I drove thru there last year on a day out from Ruthin ( stayed at the ancient castle hotel there for a few days ) my 91 V8 just drove herself sensibly ……. most of the time …… I didn’t find any opportunity roads to drive other than sedately …… especially with those frequent 20mph limits just about at every turn 🥵

Infotainment is usually beyond me other than the ancient offerings in my Ls400s  👍😇

Enjoy your scenic beauty driving thru Wales 

Malc 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom999 said:

Dav, know the Ponderosa well, bro in law lives in Minera. Off to Bala lake this afternoon if anyone nearby 😍, glorious day. 

TikTok chap (Bank Of Dave?) dropped in (in his heli)

It's a Toyota Prius gear shifter (yes really) so Manual is straight back from the shifter's resting position, then you're paddles only with no annoying switch back into Auto after a predetermined period. Pulling right will just knock it into neutral unless you go right and then down which moves it from Manual (or Park) into Auto.

But you probably know all that by now!

Good aren't they 😎

1 hour ago, eightk said:

It's a Toyota Prius gear shifter (yes really) so Manual is straight back from the shifter's resting position, then you're paddles only with no annoying switch back into Auto after a predetermined period. Pulling right will just knock it into neutral unless you go right and then down which moves it from Manual (or Park) into Auto.

But you probably know all that by now!

Good aren't they 😎

A Prius shifter with much nicer leather 😂

Thanks Andy, my problem now is finding replies here haha. I think ive got the gears now. I've moved onto trying to find route cancelling on the sat nav!!

On 8/1/2024 at 9:45 PM, Tom999 said:

Thanks Andy, my problem now is finding replies here haha. I think ive got the gears now. I've moved onto trying to find route cancelling on the sat nav!!

Just stick (52.9393562, -3.7630152) in the Nav and leave it on permanently. Done 😜

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links