Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

looking for a second hand rim

Hi,

I had a complete tire blowout on my way to work Thursday morning.  That is when I discovered that my Ch200h did have a spare.  I turned the hazard lights on and inched it down the road at a crawl as I was less than 1km from work.  It is sitting at work now for the weekend.  .  A guy there at work has a 2006 IS 220d so he bought over his spare to me this morning thinking it would fit.  It did not.  Today after work, I went by a local salvage yard.  They didn't have a ct 200h in their lot but told me they had another car with rims that should fit...they did not.  Any ideas on any other cars rims that might would fit my ct200h lug spacing?  Funny enough, I just ordered 4 expensive tires but they will not be in until Monday or Tuesday so I don't really want to go buy a new tire considering that.  I am just hoping to find a second hand rim with a tire that will get me by and then that I can use for a spare.  Any ideas?  I can't leave the car on a jack and bring the rim with me because work is worried about the car falling off the jack and injuring someone.

Just be aware, I was lead to believe that prius rims would fit and bought a prius space saver wheel for that purpose. Although the spacings are the same, I found the brake calipers caught on the wheel I set off. 

I ended up sourcing a CT200h space saver, they are like hens teeth and not cheap.  

If I'd bought a regular prius wheel, that may have done the job. Maybe you could check your local scrappy if they have one as much more common than the Lexus?

28 minutes ago, Ohoopee said:

That is when I discovered that my Ch200h did have a spare

Hi

I take it you meant to say 'didn't have a spare'?

eBay has several for sale. One at £40.99, one at £49.99 and another at £50.

34 minutes ago, HPS13 said:

Hi

Ebay has several for sale. One at £40.99, one at £49.99 and another at £50.

They are good prices, I paid £80, but mine was mint.

2 hours ago, HPS13 said:

Hi

Ebay has several for sale. One at £40.99, one at £49.99 and another at £50.

Sorry, yes that was a typo.  I knew there wasn't a spare in the back but figured it must be underneath the car...but nope.  I would have bought a spare before now if I had known.  I work for a good company, they let me borrow the company Van.  I'll try to go back to the scrapyard tomorrow and see if they have a prius wheel but I will have to wait until Monday to try it out as they lock the gates at work.  At any rate, I am going to have to get something to get my car to a garage once my tires do come in.  I got real lucky here.....I didn't lose control even though I had a van riding my a** as the time...the Rim is also undamaged...the entire center of the tire is gone but the edges of the tire remain and kept the rim off the ground.  I had a good look at it this morning when I was trying to make that is220d spare fit and the rim is perfect.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links