Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Poor fuel economy

I have Is200 with 1gfe engine and i get about 12L/100km with city and highway driving, is that normal?

i have changed air filter during winter but maybe my tire pressure is low and need to change spark plugs?

i also have resetted the ecu recently so that shouldnt bring problems.

That’s about 23.5 mpg. The IS200 isn’t great for economy but that is a little low, especially if you have a manual transmission? I would expect 27 mpg for mixed city and highway driving. 

I counted it to be 19-20mpg. It is automatic and ive heard that 4-automatic can eat a lot of gas but i think this is too much

I've just found a spreadsheet with all the mileage details of my first IS200. All calculations were based on brimming the tank and the trip recorder. My best mpg was 35.6, worst was 13! The average was 28.4. I was mainly doing trips from Peterborough to Coventry/Redditch/Wokingham plus short local trips.

How times change:

image.thumb.png.9f5d4fb8ce9abf61d953daa04e0d9a7a.png

On 7/31/2024 at 9:25 AM, eddiea1 said:

brake calipers have a habit of sticking - check those

I think my rear wheel brake calipers might be stuck. What can i do to them?

To confirm take the car for a drive, say 8-10 KMs then pull over somewhere safe and carefully feel the wheel temperature. If it is getting hotter on one side suspect seized caliper pins.

On 8/4/2024 at 2:28 PM, steve2006 said:

To confirm take the car for a drive, say 8-10 KMs then pull over somewhere safe and carefully feel the wheel temperature. If it is getting hotter on one side suspect seized caliper pins.

Okay ill do that today.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links