Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I've a 2023 Lexus with USB enable Android Auto. All work fine with my phone directly connected.

I bough an Android Wireless adaptor, which works....sort of.

Each time I start the car I have to reconnect my phone to bkuetooth and the car is set to Android Auto.

Anyone have any recommendations for an adaptor that works seamlessly?

You need an AAWireless dongle..they sell direct or through amazon.Mine has worked perfectly for about 2 years and others here report similarly .

Do not buy from Carlinkit..theirs didn't work and their customer service is apalling.Agaim others here have had similar problems with them.

• Like 2

I too have the AAWireless dongle and have been very happy with it.

One thing though in relation to Bluetooth - I do need to start Bluetooth on my phone whenever I use the car and wish to have the dongle operational (even though the setting on the car's infotainment system is set for Android Auto rather than Bluetooth). I have found that not doing that beforehand means the dongle will not connect to the headunit for wireless Android Auto. So I'm assuming that this is a requirement for all these models of wireless dongles.

23 minutes ago, Andy B said:

I too have the AAWireless dongle and have been very happy with it.

One thing though in relation to Bluetooth - I do need to start Bluetooth on my phone

Mine connects automatically as soon as I start the car.The only input necessary is to chose Android Auto on the screen to bring up Google Maps and the album art  for the track playing-otherwise it is seamless.Perhaps it may be phone specific-I use a Motorola.

23 hours ago, DavidCM said:

You need an AAWireless dongle..they sell direct or through Amazon.Mine has worked perfectly for about 2 years and others here report similarly .

Do not buy from Carlinkit..theirs didn't work and their customer service is apalling.Agaim others here have had similar problems with them.

Hi David. Can I confirm you can just get in the car and it auto connects?

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Yes.The dongle is left permanently connected to the usb socket in the armrest box and connects to the phone within about 5..10 seconds of the car being started.As mentioned above ,I then need to click on the AA icon on the screen for the display to change from full screen Lexus map,to split screen Google,or Waze, and album art for thetrack currently playing.A great bit of kit.

4 hours ago, DavidCM said:

Mine connects automatically as soon as I start the car.The only input necessary is to chose Android Auto on the screen to bring up Google Maps and the album art  for the track playing-otherwise it is seamless.Perhaps it may be phone specific-I use a Motorola.

Hi David. I've a Motorola MA1. The problem I have is it seems to require my phone to be connected to Bluetooth in order for it to see the MA1. The problem is, as I see it, is the phone remains connected to the car via Android Auto. This means I have to go to the car settings and reconnect via Bluetooth.

29 minutes ago, RX500h said:

Hi David. I've a Motorola MA1. The problem I have is it seems to require my phone 

Jason..I have no experience with the MA1,apart from hearing from Motorola that the item is only "badged" as a Motorola but made by someone else.Perhaps there is some obscure sub menu setting to rectify.I think some others on here use the MA1...so may be able to help.You may need to start a new thread to catch someone's eye.

Edited by DavidCM
  • Like 1

Screenshot_20240612_052426_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.d294e552d1be7d5f0a3ea492bb8db3b6.jpg

On 7/26/2024 at 3:48 PM, DavidCM said:

Jason..I have no experience with the MA1,apart from hearing from Motorola that the item is only "badged" as a Motorola but made by someone else.Perhaps there is some obscure sub menu setting to rectify.I think some others on here use the MA1...so may be able to help.You may need to start a new thread to catch someone's eye.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links