Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Leak or A/C condensation?

Morning fellow RX400h owners. I’ve recently had a new a/c condenser fitted (last week) and full service. I moved the car this morning (after switching off the a/c) and noticed the 2 spills (see picture). Partner said tasted bitter, definitely not oil. This is approximately where the front of the car was… I’m about to do 2k miles so any thoughts appreciated. My size 4 feet for comparison.IMG_8618.thumb.jpeg.70fa0470c76484543e8bcd377b806d34.jpeg

Thank you.. I just ran the car to see if I could find leaks… I found this… (note the exhaust repair)… 

What is that round thing?!

so, either way, nothing to worry about but expect I should try to stop the leak? 

IMG_8620.jpeg

If the AC wasn’t working before you had the condenser replaced you wouldn’t have had any water ( condensate) produced but now it is fixed and as Michael suggests and correctly advises you will.

Don’t block the pipe it will back up into the filter and flood the car interior!

I would also suggest changing the cabin pollen filter if that has not been done.

The mystery part on the exhaust is actually a “Damper” according to the database, factory fitted so not a bodge. Supposedly it helps prevent vibration of the exhaust system.

All good relax and enjoy your road trip 😀

IMG_1284.jpeg

Thank you very much guys… I will relax now… the a/c is blowing well cold… Lexus £800+… Lex-TeK Autos in Sheffield <£350. Excellent garage. Well pleased (and yes, pollen filter replaced).

cheers

Ez

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ezzie said:

Partner said tasted bitter, definitely not oil.

Definitely not recommended approach to determine the source of a fluid leak.

If it's water based, air con condensate or coolant then it will quickly evaporate.

An oil based product will not evaporate.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip… having spent the morning loading the car… despite all courtesy lights off (I’m not falling for that again)… the blooming car wouldn’t start. RAC called as had nothing with me to jump her, Battery drain. He power packed the car, and off to Sheffield Lexus chap for new Battery, and check for leak. There was none. Absolutely bone dry. I did the inspection with him. It’s a mysterwy… another 150 miles and we’re back home in the Lakes. No problem. Flawless 🙄 

fingers crossed that’s my pre holiday jitter over and done with. 

Thanks again guys, Ez 

On 7/25/2024 at 11:06 AM, Ezzie said:

Thank you.. I just ran the car to see if I could find leaks… I found this… (note the exhaust repair)… 

What is that round thing?!

so, either way, nothing to worry about but expect I should try to stop the leak? 

IMG_8620.jpeg

That is a harmonic vibration balancer thingy. Helps neutralise vibrations.

• Thanks 1

My 400H drips bucket fulls of condensation when I park it in the garage on a warm day, less when parked outside (but still quite a wet patch). Aircon is on all the time, no issues.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links