Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Strange box

Hi guys , I found this box wired to the car , and it seams so strange. It looks like a power box like chip tuning. As I heard the ecu can’t be remap. I search all internet and I can’t find anything like with a usb connection . Please anyone ? 

27375BC1-F569-4B52-8A10-41B668CF465C.jpeg

IS220d ECUs were cracked for few years now (probably like 5-6). IS250 ECUs as far as I know are still locked.

It does seem like programming interface and probably some sort of "piggy-back" chip. 

Is that I was meaning , someone just cracked the ecu a couple years  ago . The old owner maybe put some sort of chip tuning powerbox . But I can’t se the name of it . So I could see what is the power or programming it is giving to the car . 

Doubt it, most of piggybacks would be proprietary code, your one actually seems like it has interface to re-program, but without knowing what it is and what specific software to use it would be next to impossible to check. Ask previous owner maybe? 

Actually, looking at it again - it only has 4 wires, that would be unusual for piggyback (it need to intercept way more), so could you check where wires are going? Maybe it is some sort of cut off for exhaust, dpf, egr something like that. Sort of emissions cheat device - when cars goes for inspection it may direct gas via egr/dpf, but when it is activate it bypasses the exhaust. I am speculating... but 4 wires are more likely to control some sort of solenoid or valve... or maybe it controls your two coolant tanks 😄 

• Like 1

It would be a very crude performance device if it is - just modifying air temp sensor reading for example, or boost pressure. More likely to be a simulator/defeat box, allowing emission device removal without triggering a warning light. As Linas has said, tracing the wires will be required to understand what it might be.

See if the wires go to the fuel rail and air temp sensor. 

Those were favorite points to plug into with those tuning boxes. 

Oh what full I had with the king of tuning boxes the RonBox on my MG ZT diesel many moons ago. Fact, from 135bhp to 152bhp gain. Great plumes of black smoke if I felt like fully flooring it 🤣🤣🤣🤣 oh happy days.

• Like 1

Bit of a my bad. Fuel rail and MAF sensor were the to points tuning boxes connected to. Sorry to have confused you possibly. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links