Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

First Long Journey

Made my first long trip in the NX, Northumberland to Surrey. Thought I'd try the car's satnav instead of my usual Google maps via Android Auto, it was ok, better than my previous RAV; my only issue with it was no speed camera warning or display on the map. I had a look through the menus and couldn’t see anything about cameras, so a bit disappointed with that.

I did the journey in hybrid mode and got 51mpg. The ride was certainly quieter and smoother than the RAV, so with the exception of the lack of speed camera info on the satnav I'm very happy. In future I'll revert to using my Motorola MA1 and Android Auto for navigation.

Try Using The Waze App It Warns you of Speed Cameras etc and Has Really Good Maps to follow.... Better than The Maps on Lexus In My Opinion.. I Use Waze all the Time...!!! Get a Wireless Dongle To Connect Automatically in the Car if you don,t Already Have One..!!!! Saves you having a Cord Trailing about in the Car..!!

• Like 1

If you like the native Lexus satnav here’s an extract from the manual that may help with the camera warning 

IMG_0482.jpeg

37 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Try Using The Waze App It Warns you of Speed Cameras etc and Has Really Good Maps to follow.... Better than The Maps on Lexus In My Opinion.. I Use Waze all the Time...!!! Get a Wireless Dongle To Connect Automatically in the Car if you don,t Already Have One..!!!! Saves you having a Cord Trailing about in the Car..!!

Thanks Ron, I'm not keen on Waze, preferring Google Maps, which also provides me with speed camera warnings. The MA1 is a wireless dongle, doesn't work quite as seamlessly as it did in the RAV (it would start automatically whenever I got in the car), but it does ok.

33 minutes ago, Xez said:

If you like the native Lexus satnav here’s an extract from the manual that may help with the camera warning 

IMG_0482.jpeg

Cheers Kevin, I think I looked at that page, but didn't see any speed camera option, but I'll double check tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Saxacat said:

I think I looked at that page, but didn't see any speed camera option

It looks like the forth in the list, cheers!

1 hour ago, harryTDog said:

I found that if one has an Iphone then apple Maps is much better for car navigation than Google Maps (I have not tried Waze). Which surprised me as for walking Google Maps is better. 

12 hours ago, Xez said:

It looks like the forth in the list, cheers!

No, not there on mine ☹️

20240724_103929.jpg

As I understand it, the 10.8" standard screen on the Premium doesn't have the speed camera option; it is only available on the big screen. I think this is because the source of the mapping is different rather than it being a technical issue or a feature only available to those who have paid for the bigger screen.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links