Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

7 minutes ago, Harvey Henricksen said:

When 300h has oil replenished with the correct amount, should the level be visible though the filler point?

Not sure what you mean. The oil pan is right at the bottom of the engine which is why companies provide dip sticks to check the level. Typically it wont be visible from the fill hole which is right at the top. What you see is just residual oil that has fallen on the internal parts when pouring it in. It should not pool or collect.

BUT I remember the time ( recentish years ) when some Mercedes did NOT have that engine oil dipstick …… not sure which lexus  cars if any might have this “ modern “ concept too 🥵

I’m old fashioned and would never buy such a car 🤞

Whats that status with the 300h ? 

Malc 

Yes some cars have electronic oil level sensors, disadvantage is you can't do a visual check on the oil quality.

The problem I find is even after several thousand miles the oil is so clean it's hard to get an accurate reading on the dipstick.

You certainly should not be able to see the oil level from the filler, the correct level will be below the crankshaft.

4 hours ago, Harvey Henricksen said:

When 300h has oil replenished with the correct amount, should the level be visible though the filler point?

The filler point is at the “top” of the engine (on any car I have owned, worked on)

So to answer your question NO never & do you know what a dipstick is ?

2 posts so I take it that this is a ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links