Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi Guys, 

Just to let you know and all Rc Owners people on motor bikes are trying to hijack/steal the Rc Models now. 

Please Be careful, ideally turn off the auto locking system off in your cars and use your hand brake in your cars... Ive contacted Lexus and they seem to be aware of this on going problem but don't seem to want to know about it either or to save the Toyota/lexus reputation. I have a 2016 model and waiting for Lexus to come back with me on when to bring it in for a Tracker and a OBD software installed. 

The guys also broke the headlight as well, and damaged the wires behind the bumper, from CCTV footage they looked like amateurs as they were phoning someone to guide them... 

• Sad 1

I don't believe 2016 RC had canbus vulnerability, so they may be so stupid that they actually tried to steal a wrong car. 

On 7/22/2024 at 9:17 PM, Littorio said:

Yep, the pre face lift RC is not susceptible to the canbus theft issue. 

I’m not sure it’s a facelift thing.  A believe the press release mentions 2017 as the cut off.  It’s in the sticky at the top of the RC section….

The title say "Lexus UK statement on vehicle theft - RC facelift affected", I assume 2017/03 is when they started making facelifts in the factory and that makes it 2018 cars by the time they came to UK and got registered.

In either case 2016 cars are not affected, so I am not sure what they were looking for behind wheel liner. 

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

The title say "Lexus UK statement on vehicle theft - RC facelift affected", I assume 2017/03 is when they started making facelifts in the factory and that makes it 2018 cars by the time they came to UK and got registered.

In either case 2016 cars are not affected, so I am not sure what they were looking for behind wheel liner. 

Interesting that my car is a 2018 pre-facelift.  I can only assume due to low numbers, time between manufacture and registration can be quite long….

I wonder if that model in between is vulnerable or not... i.e. the one that got LSS+ and wide screen, but from outside looks like pre-facelift... 

I'm not sure the 2017/03 date is correct. The facelift was from 2017/11 at the factory. There doesn't appear to be any spec change in 2017/03, the previous update was 2016/08.

Is the 2017/11 the date of the actual facelift i.e. that had different headlights? In which case maybe 2017/03 is the LSS+ update?

10 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Is the 2017/11 the date of the actual facelift i.e. that had different headlights? In which case maybe 2017/03 is the LSS+ update?

I'm confusing myself now.

The facelift was 2018/10. The 2017 upgrade was LSS+ and a few other things, along with changes to the CAN buses. Until the facelift I'm not sure all models are affected (i.e. the ones with single projector headlights may not be).

• Like 1

I don't know for sure, but if one of the changes was CANBUS, then speculating based on what you said I would assume that the cars that got LSS+ are affected.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

just recieved an update from lexus hq. They going to install a tracker free of cost, with a 3 year subscription at no cost and a obd geo force around the car. 

i would recommend that if you have your Rc then have this done from lexus... for no cost. 

the guys seem to knew what they are doing by taking the bumper out and left the wires hanging out, but its cost me dearly, somehow they broke the drivers side light/lens. Which i had to get from lexus for £1300... ouch... mine is a 2016 model.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2024 at 11:06 PM, Danny Boi said:

Hi guys.

just recieved an update from lexus hq. They going to install a tracker free of cost, with a 3 year subscription at no cost and a obd geo force around the car. 

i would recommend that if you have your Rc then have this done from lexus... for no cost. 

the guys seem to knew what they are doing by taking the bumper out and left the wires hanging out, but its cost me dearly, somehow they broke the drivers side light/lens. Which i had to get from lexus for £1300... ouch... mine is a 2016 model.

Thanks for the update, I assume that your 2016 car is considered ‘At risk’ and therefore eligible for the fix.

Did you get notified of it or did you ask??

Hi 

sorry for the late reply, i contacted lexus and they told me about the tracker and obd software. Which then they appologise and offered it to me at no cost

23 hours ago, Danny Boi said:

Hi 

sorry for the late reply, i contacted lexus and they told me about the tracker and obd software. Which then they appologise and offered it to me at no cost

I may contact them myself and see what they say…. Will let everyone know.

On 8/19/2024 at 10:39 PM, Jgtcracer said:

I may contact them myself and see what they say…. Will let everyone know.

Hi 

Have a look at my GS, GS F theft risk post, you may find it informative.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links