Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LBX Speed Camera warnings (or rather lack of....)

Hi, New  LBX Takuma ownere here !    Really enjoying the car and gradually getting things setup for my preferences. However, one of the things I can't seem to be able to do is enable any form of speed camera warning/alert. In fact the SatNav map doesn't even show fixed camera locations (much to my surprise....).   Does anyone know if:

a) The SatNav maps should show fixed speed camera locations ?

b)  If it's possible to enable some form of audible speed camera/alert and if so how to do it !

I do have all connected services enabled in the Link+ and the my phone is paired with the car etc...

Many thanks, Pete

Hi Pete,

No, there’s no speed camera warning as far as I can see.. It beeps about everything else of course - you could use Waze and apple Maps tells you of speed cameras too! 

Hi Ian, thanks for replying.

It's not good that this doesn't appear to work on the LBX - it appears the speed cameras are shown on other Lexus models, although it seems OTA map updates can break this functionality on them.....   I don't want to use Waze as I can't be bothered with the faff of connecting my phone (Android) with a cable every time I get in the car. The area I live is has many speed cameras and even a short trip to the shops can mean going past at least one !   So easy to slip over the limit especially in cars like Lexus !!

I'll take it up with my dealer next week as it seems very poor and maybe it's actually a software issue....  Software doesn't seem a strong point for Lexus - in fact as I type my Link+ no longer seems to be able to connect to the car  - just says "Updating" and then "Status Unknown".  Yawn.......

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PeteHr said:

It's not good that this doesn't appear to work on the LBX - it appears the speed cameras are shown on other Lexus models, although it seems OTA map updates can break this functionality on them.....   I don't want to use Waze as I can't be bothered with the faff of connecting my phone (Android) with a cable every time I get in the car. The area I live is has many speed cameras and even a short trip to the shops can mean going past at least one !   So easy to slip over the limit especially in cars like Lexus !!

I'll take it up with my dealer next week as it seems very poor and maybe it's actually a software issue....  Software doesn't seem a strong point for Lexus - in fact as I type my Link+ no longer seems to be able to connect to the car  - just says "Updating" and then "Status Unknown".  Yawn.......

Yeah I can see that would be an issue, my Corolla beeped with a speed camera approaching so I don’t know why the LBX doesn’t. Maybe a future update perhaps. 

my app can be a bit random (iPhone) but I made sure to set the location to always on and this seemed to help. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2024 at 10:09 AM, PeteHr said:

It's not good that this doesn't appear to work on the LBX - it appears the speed cameras are shown on other Lexus models, although it seems OTA map updates can break this functionality on them....

Hi,

I am surprised what you wrote that speed cameras are shown on other Lexus models. Since in most European countries it is actually prohibited to use speed camera warning applications. It is not for example in Poland, where  I am driving now. I am using an application called Yanosik that is a kind of community supported reporting (via GSM) speed camera etc. plus GPS navigation in one app. It can send warnings running in the background of Google maps as well.

However...when using Android Auto (phone connected via USB, voice via car speakers) in my LBX there is just one issue: navigation messages could be and quite frequently are interrupted by e.g. Lexus system sound "ding ding ding" when I exceed speed limit or there is change in the speed limit. It occurs in both Google Maps and Yanosik. Other than that everything works perfect.

So, yet another example of the Lexus software "shortage".

Ii this situation I decided to use both my phone with Yanosik application with just warnings via the phone speaker but without navigation messages, and Lexus navigation in parallel via car speakers. This way Lexus navigation gives me navigation voice messages and display, and Yanosik voice allerts.

On 7/21/2024 at 10:09 AM, PeteHr said:

Hi Peter. Totally agree and would be interested to hear what you dealer has to say. As some have mentioned it was available in even some Toyota models so why it's not in the LBX is a mystery? Please keep us posted.

A bigger issue as everyone suggests, is to use Waze or Google maps etc, but from my understanding, the directions from these apps is they are are not shown up on the heads up display (for models that have it) while the Lexus system does (could be wrong and if so would appreciate someone telling us how to do so).

I know its a personal thing, but for me having the directions with distance in my line of sight while driving is a great help and the main reason I chose an model which has the HUD. Otherwise why have it?

With apple CarPlay there are audible Speed Cameras & every junction & island exit  is displayed in the HUD which is perfect for the Inner City trips,

Whether a Dongled Android Connection can do this I do not know but the very latest CarLink Dongles are fast------used in our 2019 Aygo.

Tel

3 hours ago, Tel said:

With Apple CarPlay there are audible Speed Cameras & every junction & island exit  is displayed in the HUD which is perfect for the Inner City trips,

Whether a Dongled Android Connection can do this I do not know

My LBX has no HUD so cannot answer, but USB dongled Android Auto works fast and fine, except that audible messages are interrupted by Lexus system warning sounds, if any. Do you have the same issue with apple CarPlay audible messages?

4 hours ago, Tel said:

With Apple CarPlay there are audible Speed Cameras & every junction & island exit  is displayed in the HUD which is perfect for the Inner City trips,

Whether a Dongled Android Connection can do this I do not know but the very latest CarLink Dongles are fast------used in our 2019 Aygo.

Tel

Thanks Terry, as an Iphone user I will try out the apple car play version.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links