Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 For Sale lovely example

1 hour ago, microgerry said:

Ok then, how much is VEL for a pre 2006 car? I am looking at an 02 tomorrow

I pay monthly and it is just under £35 per month for an 2004.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, microgerry said:

According to my reminder it is at the moment £415  for a one off payment; £435 if you pay monthly; £217 if you pay bi annually.

Post face lift Mar 2006 you would now be looking over £800. It' either £825, or £835. Close enough. That's what I pay on my 2008 XK and it is the same for the SC.

8 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

£735 for post facelift, unless you opt for monthly then they charge a premium

That's correct. I misremembered they increased it from the just under £700 and not just under £800.

Anyway, now they we see their cunning plan for winter fuel. They know some of us will have forgotten about it by the time winter does arrive !

• Haha 1

Avoid winter fuel crisis. Drive your V8 Lexus to southern Spain for the winter. You can rent a 3 month airbnb for less than you would spend on your leccy bill.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mossypossy said:

£735 for post facelift, unless you opt for monthly then they charge a premium

I pay DD monthly that’s about £30 extra over the year . £64.31 a month, I decided the DVLA are not having the full amount out of me, I’ll trickle feed them monthly 👍🏻

28 minutes ago, Bob King said:

I pay DD monthly that’s about £30 extra over the year . £64.31 a month, I decided the DVLA are not having the full amount out of me, I’ll trickle feed them monthly 👍🏻

Accts way of looking at this.

Option A you pay £735 in principle and in doing so you lose the interest of £735 @ 5%pa which equals £36. So total cost to you is £771. That is £735 plus lost interest.

Option B you pay £64.31pm which equals £771 pa !!  The same as Option A ,. except each month your diminishing capital sum of £735 continues to earn interest. That is, £771 less interest earned.

So , surprise surprise Option B paying by installment is actually the most cost effective method. Where the excess payment continues to be of that magnitude ,but interest rates are very low the difference becomes increasingly marginal.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Option B paying by installment is actually the most cost effective method.

But wot a pain in the bum having to do that exercise so often !   say 12 x 30 mins at £150 an hour that's maybe  £ 900 additional cost .........  not economic in my book for sure 🤢

And do accountants only charge £150 an hour these days I'm wondering 🤣

Now retired OAPs like me are worth a fortune but never get to charge .......  my reward is tea/coffee and bikkies maybe 👍

Malc

33 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

But wot a pain in the bum having to do that exercise so often !   say 12 x 30 mins at £150 an hour that's maybe  £ 900 additional cost .........  not economic in my book for sure 🤢

And do accountants only charge £150 an hour these days I'm wondering 🤣

Now retired OAPs like me are worth a fortune but never get to charge .......  my reward is tea/coffee and bikkies maybe 👍

Malc

What can I tell you. Just a calculator on legs (long as I can remember what numbers we are talking about). For example, my IQ formula. Inside leg x number of prescription Meds  , subtract (waistline x number of divorces) and hey presto !

• Haha 1

All the economics is doing my head in, but the idea of spending some winter months in S Spain looks particularly attractive. I must do the sums.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GMB said:

All the economics is doing my head in, but the idea of spending some winter months in S Spain looks particularly attractive. I must do the sums.

My brother does this each year. Disappears a few days after the New Year and comes back around the 1st March.

Not just mainland Spain though. Last year he went to Madeira. Costs all in were approx £3k per month. By his admission you could do this for considerably less. They just like to eat out a lot. Also moving around quite a bit costs them more for the accomm.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

I have booked a house in France for the whole of March. Not the south of Spain admittedly!

But £27 a night.

Sounds good to me. I did some AirBB search and found at least some choice in Spain for around £700 to £800 a month. Mostly appts. Got to say I am 'warming' to the idea. Still August and the weather already feels like end of Sept.

What area? Closest town? I've always been in interested in that triangle Poitiers,Tours, and Angers. Seem to have managed to drive past it numerous times thinking what a good area that would be to set up for some daily touring. Amazing amount of history in that area.

On 8/26/2024 at 8:52 PM, microgerry said:

How did you get on Gerry ..car any good ?

keep us posted 👍🏻

• Like 2

Amboise is nice too.

Did you know that Leonardo da Vinci is buried in the chateau there!

1 hour ago, GMB said:

Amboise is nice too.

Did you know that Leonardo da Vinci is buried in the chateau there!

No Michael, "not many people know that". Did you know he was clinically diagnosed Obsessive....he's still looking at the ceiling !

Oh my .  itchy feet here and I so want to do another biggish trip somewhere  ............  it used to be a month solo and maybe £5k  ......  just driving all over wherever .  could never settle in one location for more than two days  😇

There always was plenty of B&Bs and small hotels whatever and ALWAYS  a bed for the night somewhere  .....  and mostly very good, happy and inexpensive really and ALWAYS met really nice happy people too, everywhere 

Malc

45 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Oh my .  itchy feet here and I so want to do another biggish trip somewhere  ............  it used to be a month solo and maybe £5k  ......  just driving all over wherever .  could never settle in one location for more than two days  😇

There always was plenty of B&Bs and small hotels whatever and ALWAYS  a bed for the night somewhere  .....  and mostly very good, happy and inexpensive really and ALWAYS met really nice happy people too, everywhere 

Malc

I was nodding along until " and ALWAYS met really nice happy people too, everywhere ".

Now hallucinogenics are bad for you long term so no more for you young man.

• Haha 1

I just avoid non-happy people whenever and wherever possible ……. life’s too short to be arrrsed trying to be nice with orrible people 

Anyone not nice here I’ll always just “ despair “ with 🤣😂

Malc 

4 hours ago, Bob King said:

How did you get on Gerry ..car any good ?

keep us posted 👍🏻

Well, I pulled the pin. Very pleased with the general condition, service history and previous work done. Only fly in the ointment is some bubbling paintwork on the roof and top of the windscreen. Paint fading and laquer peel on the boot and passenger side sill. Good news is the owner is getting it done (in bodyshop now) along with all four wheels refurbishing, the latter at my cost.

Hopefully should be ready middle of next week and I can go and collect it. Perhaps I should start another thread?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, microgerry said:

Well, I pulled the pin. Very pleased with the general condition, service history and previous work done. Only fly in the ointment is some bubbling paintwork on the roof and top of the windscreen. Paint fading and laquer peel on the boot and passenger side sill. Good news is the owner is getting it done (in bodyshop now) along with all four wheels refurbishing, the latter at my cost.

Hopefully should be ready middle of next week and I can go and collect it. Perhaps I should start another thread?

Yes start a fresh thread once you take ownership, along with a few photo’s 👍🏻

what colour did you go for and what’s the mileage ?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links