Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SC430 For Sale lovely example

Hi Folks

I just want to let you know that with a heavy heart I have to let my beautifull 2006 SC430 go. I just cannot justify having it. It sits under its tailored cover on my drive only ever moving once or twice a year. She really is mint

This is the description I put together for Autotrader:-

NOT JUST OWNED "BUT LOVED!" Gorgeous, superbly well maintained, Full Service History most by Lexus, always kept garaged or covered, brand new clean MOT, literally every time I've take it out I've cleaned it afterwards! it has several layers of chemical guys black diamond wax. I have every single MOT & bill since new. Beautiful cream Leather interior absolutely spotless and firm, It has 2 Brand new front tyres, everything is in good and full working order. Reluctant sale!! GROM in car entertainment system included, there is full wiring in place for Iphone and for vantrue front & rear cameras. I may even include the tailored cover! Next MOT due 29/05/2025, Full service history, Grey, 5+ owners, £12,250

You can find the add here:- https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202406180863815?sort=relevance&make=Lexus&model=SC&postcode=nn35ht&price-from=12000&advertising-location=at_cars&fromsra

20240608_165141.jpg

20240608_165043.jpg

20240608_165610.jpg

4c52a1c0-ae14-49d3-b60c-94af37c9be77.jpg

20240608_165053.jpg

20240608_165152.jpg

20240608_165159.jpg

20240608_165219.jpg

20240608_165439.jpg

20240608_165617(0).jpg

20240608_165732.jpg

SC430 #8.jpg

SC430 #10.jpg

sc430 #9.jpg

SC430 #4.jpg

• Like 5

I must admit Alan, looks a lovely example. I have always wanted one, but had to settle for my MX5. I am afraid, like you mine comes out the garage when the sun shines, but I manage 1500 miles a year . 
I think the avaricious VEL at £735, will make this and other classics disappear. 
hope you get your price, best wishes.

• Like 1

Hi Larry,

It's not my car, I just answered your question.

I do own an SC that doesn't get used much but I will keep it forever, probably.

Rgds

Al

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Forever is not that long amongst us SC430 owners!

So 'crows' the young spring chicken. 61 phaw!

1 hour ago, Mossypossy said:

I don't feel like a spring chicken! Ooh my back.

Apologies, I should have said "wimpy spring chicken".

😄

19 hours ago, larryadler said:

I think the avaricious VEL at £735, will make this and other classics disappear

It is a big "turn-off" to ownership of cars that fall into this unfair tax bracket, and it IS unfair and based on no real logic apart from greed. Unfortunately, as our new labour gov't are displaying, they are reluctant to correct unfair tax schemes and just carry on with the profiteering.  See: Conservative Frozen tax thresholds/stealth tax.  So my ISF will probably carry this stigma for all its life because there is no incentive to change established unfair practices.  My "sort of" solution= pay for 6 months only and SORN over winter.

• Like 1

Gray and Pete, de-stress over all this …….. there will be a levelling up of all  motoring costs  very very soon ……… don’t think for one minute that Road Tax and Motoring Taxes generally will escape the grasp of the Exchequer ……. there’s a social desperate need for us “ wealthy “ motorists to contribute lots lots ££££££ to the nations coffers 

Luxury cars like the above will still be great to own and a privilege to run and owners will be proud to be doing their bit to improve the nations coffers for the benefit of all 

Honestly 🤣😂😄👏👏👏 

Go buy this beautiful Sc430 …… you know you want to ……. BUT I would say, simply USE IT and ENJOY 

Malc 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GMB I will just have to accept it when I get my IS-F, as getting with an intention to daily drive it. Over the years I made some half-decent financial foundation and life without chasing your dreams is not worth living to me. F3ck them greedy b@stards. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Prospero88 said:

GMB I will just have to accept it when I get my IS-F, as getting with an intention to daily drive it. Over the years I made some half-decent financial foundation and life without chasing your dreams is not worth living to me. F3ck them greedy b@stards. 😄

it’s not being “ greedy “ when those monies are going to the impoverished in our bereft society …….. god bless ‘em eh ! 😄👌

Malc 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

those monies are going to the impoverished

But that's me! I'm not getting any benefits/money but certainly paying out a lot more. But I can deal with it.  Funny thing is that the cost of motorcycling has gone down, and the ISF is getting used less and less. If it goes on this way the ISF will just become a SORNed pampered pet in the garage and go out just for its own sake to keep it healthy. I am torn between which vehicle puts the biggest smile on my face☺️ I think the bike wins.

PS 2 x new tyres for the bike needed this week, how much ? £500 believe it or not! ( They last about 3-5000miles depending ) 5Kmile Service £300, MOT £35, Tax £120, mpg 55mpg, Insurance £350+ extras. I dare not add up the cost of ISF motoring because it spoils my day.

Poverty Line Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gray, go buy this Sc430 and use BOTH  cars on a regular alternate day basis ……. cuts your petrol bills by half ( you refill less often ) and the servicing costs too …… each lasts twice as long between servicing, the tyres last twice as long too …….. you know it makes sense …….. that’s why I have 2 x  La400s  ……… well known fact two Lexii saves you money 😄🤞

Gobuy this Sc430 ……. I might if I needed 3 Lexii 🤣😂

Malc 

• Haha 2

Not a bad idea Malc but flawed logic I'm afraid. I am having the ISF serviced every 18 months just to keep the correct stamps and the dates in the service book looking decent( supposed to change the oil every 12 months - but modern synthetics don't really need that ).  Plus the ISF has insisted that it never goes out in the rain because it doesn't like it ( neither does the bike!).  Anyway until I find something else to whinge about I will have to settle for that for the time being.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Gray, go buy this Sc430 and use BOTH  cars on a regular alternate day basis ……. cuts your petrol bills by half ( you refill less often ) and the servicing costs too …… each lasts twice as long between servicing, the tyres last twice as long too …….. you know it makes sense …….. that’s why I have 2 x  La400s  ……… well known fact two Lexii saves you money 😄🤞

Gobuy this Sc430 ……. I might if I needed 3 Lexii 🤣😂

Malc 

Jeezus, your logic sounds right of the same mould as my wife's. These shoes were £590, but they were reduced to £390. Aren't I clever, just saved £200!

• Haha 4

Then why on earth didn’t you buy her another pair and save £400 ……… cheapskate 😂

Malc 

• Haha 1

And according to Malc's logic she could wear them alternately and they would last twice as long... Hang on, she would get fed up with them and want something different - John Lewis sale £ 500  off.   Wow what a saving!

5 hours ago, hybridbatterysolutions said:

I may offer a discount to a LOC member!

Some years ago when I was looking for a facelift I went from Kent to Swindon Lexus to see a grey one they had for sale. Grey is my preferred colour, along with Mica Red. I made the mistake of thinking that a Lexus dealer would only sell a really nice one, how wrong I was, it was a mess. I then went to see a Mica Red one in Chatham that was clearly owned by somebody with poor eyesight, every panel was scratched or dented. Long story short I bought a one owner low mileage purple one. Not my favourite colour, but you can only buy the best of what is available. I have come to like the colour but only when the sun shines, on a dull day it looks brown and at dusk it looks black. I suppose what I am saying is, if I was in the market for an SC I would check yours out. Good luck in selling what looks like a good one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Just lurking on here as I am considering a purchase. Is the VEL really £735 on all SC430s?

OMG I thought I was being hard done by on my MR2 at £390!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links