Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Miracast

Drove 150 miles to see a dark blue with tan interior 2018 sport+ today.

Tried to keep an open mind but as soon as I saw this car....WOW, it's imposing.

When it started...WOW again haha.

Salesman drove us up the rd, I had no clue we were doing that speed!! Effortless.

We swapped over and within a couple of miles I had the rear end drifting around a couple of roundabouts, the salesman tested those grab handles haha.....

Nope, open mind out of the window, deposit down.

First impression, this car is huge, silky smooth and RARE.

Roll on next week ;-))

Sorry folks, tried to ask questions about Miracast, something went wrong and I can't delete/edit ...

Was wondering how I use Miracast as its on my infotainment, and what does it do? Apologies again...Tom.

It’s pointless. Only works with androids and does limited screen mirroring. A phone holder my be your best bet (cup holder extenders)

AHH I'm an Android man. Phone holder might be best, can't beat google maps. As long as the bracket is in the right place and looks right! Was hoping it would mirror maps...

8 hours ago, shapiro said:

I use this one and it works great. It does sacrifice the cup holder though …. But I manage just fine using the other cup holder in the centre armrest in a pinch. 

https://amzn.eu/d/07WWRBOe

Waze is a must for me! 

I've been looking around for a suitable holder and that one looks very good. If it is of any interest, I was also considering this one:

Brodit clip

You'd also need a phone specific bracket, as can be found here:

Samsung

or here

Iphone

The Brodip clip looks tidy, hopefully my Hawawei will fit it, best phone ive ever had, 6 years and never missed a beat!

Can't find the particular model for the LC though

8 hours ago, Tom999 said:

The Brodip clip looks tidy, hopefully my Hawawei will fit it, best phone ive ever had, 6 years and never missed a beat!

Can't find the particular model for the LC though

I must admit the Brodit site might suggest a suitable holder is not available but in reality there is one for just about every phone including your Hawawei. To locate, then click on the "Brodit" link above then select "choose your device" on the left and just a little way down whereupon a second drop-down box will appear titled "Choose model", then select your phone model. See the below pic for guidance.

Screenshot 2024-07-22 061600.png

• Like 1

Thanks Brian. I found the holder, phew £60. Doesn't show the piece that's wedged onto the LC grab handle though, is that something someones fabricated or listed somewhere else? Tom.

No unfortunately not.  I am trying to buy my car from Northern Ireland so actually seeing any of these in the flesh is not likely, but that colour combination of that dark blue and the tan looked like it worked very well indeed.

1 hour ago, Paul29bit said:

I am trying to buy my car from Northern Ireland

would you just fly over from say Belfast and hire a car at the airport to go see a likely purchase ?

might be an expensive way to go find a suitable purchase but there, do you have any other option !

Malc

There are very few of these in Northern Ireland and almost none in Ireland as they banned the v8 from sale.  I managed to go see one in the flesh for about an hour and I also managed to sit in a red and tan one in Vegas but other than that they are like hens teeth here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom999 said:

Thanks Brian. I found the holder, phew £60. Doesn't show the piece that's wedged onto the LC grab handle though, is that something someones fabricated or listed somewhere else? Tom.

No Tom, you order the clip at £16.99, click here:   CLIP

Then you order the holder which in turn mounts to the clip, hey presto job done.

Paul hi …….. are you saying that the sale of 2nd hand V8s is now banned throughout the island of Ireland ?

or is it “ just “ the sale of brand new V8s that are banned ?  

Hope the Govts there aren’t averse to polo mints 🥵

Malc 

Paul hey ..,,,  Do you know if E5  petrol is still available in NI and Eire ? 
could make a difference to my and other V8 owners decision to holiday there 🤔

Malc 

Malc1  It is very hit and miss.  E5 stared to be phased out across Europe last summer and southern Ireland is in the EU.  You might still be able to get it in Dublin and Cork in very select garages.  In Northern Ireland which is UK, E5 is still available in garages like Shell and BP.

Thank you.  Wow. That might affect us intending to drive across the EU generally 

Unavailability of E5 means our ECUs just have to try to adjust during our trips ……. Gulp 🥵

Thanks 🤞

Malc 

Yes it is a problem and one that is unnecessary as the addition of Ethanol to Petrol has no positive effect on carbon decrease in the environment. It simply decreases the effectiveness of the burn in a normal petrol engine and then the engine uses more fuel (mix of petrol and ethanol and a few other chemicals).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links