Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tyre inflation for full loads ?

I’ve got 20” RFTs set to 2.3 bar as per manual. On previous cars I used to pump up the tyres a bit when loading the car for holidays ,etc. but I haven’t seen anything in the NX manual about increasing the tyre pressure when carrying a full load.

Could I please get some advice on this from other NX owners ?

Look at your door frame tyre pressure sticker. From memory the pressures are the same with and without load. I assume this is due to the Run Flat Tyres having much stiffer walls.

• Like 1

Yes I have checked that already and there are only speed-dependent pressure settings (for <100mph and for >100mph). I’ve seen lots of posts about tyre pressure and people using a higher pressure than stated by Lexus, so wondered if people did inflate for full loads. 

My 450h+ is on 18" wheels that aren't runflats but no difference in pressure is given for higher loads. Odd. There was a thread on this a year or more ago but I don't recall there being any definitive reason for it being as it is.

7 hours ago, IGR said:

Yes I have checked that already and there are only speed-dependent pressure settings (for <100mph and for >100mph). I’ve seen lots of posts about tyre pressure and people using a higher pressure than stated by Lexus, so wondered if people did inflate for full loads. 

I never go above 100mph…. But if I go to Germany I may alter the pressure for the Autobahn 😬

2 hours ago, hintonwood said:

I never go above 100mph…. But if I go to Germany I may alter the pressure for the Autobahn 😬

There’s no way I’m going to try attaching a foot pump at 101mph - that’s ridiculous! And they say touchscreens are dangerous !😁

• Haha 1

Back on topic, what are the views of other NX owners ? Do you inflate the tyres a bit more for full loads, or do you leave them at the same, constant pressure regardless of how much you're carrying ?

Thanks

As there are no alternative pressures for a full load I would/will leave them at the recommended pressures.

To be honest I have never inflated tyres to anything other than driver and passenger and never experienced any issues. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stepppy said:

As there are no alternative pressures for a full load I would/will leave them at the recommended pressures.

To be honest I have never inflated tyres to anything other than driver and passenger and never experienced any issues. 

thanks - will leave as-is & see how she goes... 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links