Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus NX300h Creaking noise

I just purchased a 2020 Lexus NX300h a few days ago and have a very annoying continuious creaking noise coming from somewhere at the back of the car.  Initially I thought it was the parcel tray or the back seats not being fully locked in but after checking these and even removing the pracel tray the noise remains.  I have checked the spare tyre is secured and everything else I could think of but can't seem to locate the source of the noise. Taking it back to the dealer I got it from but have to wait a week for the appointment.  So in the meantime I thought I would reach out to your good selves just incase someone else may have an idea to explore that I have not already tried?

• Like 1

Hi Steve, thanks for this, I will give the tape trick a go as soon as I can, the creaking is doing my head in so hopefully this is the problem will let you know.

• Like 1

Essentially there's some sort of issue with the materials of the striker and lock together, they squeak. Not sure why but a different material is required somewhere!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeDoc said:

I just purchased a 2020 Lexus NX300h a few days ago and have a very annoying continuious creaking noise coming from somewhere at the back of the car.  Initially I thought it was the parcel tray or the back seats not being fully locked in but after checking these and even removing the pracel tray the noise remains.  I have checked the spare tyre is secured and everything else I could think of but can't seem to locate the source of the noise. Taking it back to the dealer I got it from but have to wait a week for the appointment.  So in the meantime I thought I would reach out to your good selves just incase someone else may have an idea to explore that I have not already tried?

Same Car Same Year Joe .. I had a similar Noise in Mine Just after I had put the Seats Down then Re-Postioned them back Up....  I repeated the Procedure Moving The Elevation Control and The noise just disappeared So I Would Hazard a Guess and say you have the Same Problem... Try Adjusting them a Few Times and see  if that helps...Hope that has been helpfull..!!

ps.. Also Check the Boot and see if you have inadvertantly Moved Something.. These little noises Send you Batty...!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Oliver said:

Sounds like the tailgate noise! 😁 

It's all here....

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/133367-nx300h-squeaking-tailgate/?do=findComment&comment=1326638

Use the tape trick. 😉

Well that done the trick, a few bits of fabric tape and no more noise! Thanks to everyone who took the time to contribute. It does raise the question is this a manufacturing defect and therefore should come under the gaurantee? After all is it really acceptable to have to put tape on the latch to ensure the compontents of a luxury car work? Anyway thanks again for the tips which have worked and allowed me to get back to the pleasure of driving my car.

• Like 2

You're welcome, so pleased it's fixed it for you. I totally agree with you re tape fixing a problem on a luxury vehicle, but it was my dealer that put the tape on first! It's definitely a design issue that has hopefully been resolved on the new model. The tape lasts a few months and I just keep a roll in the car in case it starts up again. Enjoy, it's a beautiful silence, isn't it ☺️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My NX is due a service and I have mentioned this on the service details as we have had this grating for sometime. Daft as it seems my Wife mentioned she only heard it when the the Car was facing down on our sloped driveway. I tried it and she was correct.?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links