Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

what make rear tyres to use for IS300h

59 minutes ago, IS300FSPORT said:

Get the rear shock done first then the alignment as it will disturb the alignment when they remove the suspension components. 

Good advice cheers

On 7/18/2024 at 8:51 PM, IS300FSPORT said:

What's important is check how the current tyres are wearing if there is Inner/outer wear on the edges more so than normal consider getting wheel alignment done & an inspection on the suspension components. It's false economy to throw on new tyres if the wheel alignment is out it will only wear out the new tyres within 10k or so.

good comment one of my rear suspension was leaking 

Just an update after using the CC2 for about a week now i find the tyres quite good it has excellent grip and low noise ..i am just waiting for pair of rear shocks ordered and an alignment done when fixed replaced 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/18/2024 at 8:07 PM, Linas.P said:

https://tiresize.com/tyre-size-calculator/

I would go with 245/40 if original is 255/35. This is because speedo is already -5%, so going to 245/35 would make it -6%, and 245/40 -2.2% (closer to actual speed). But I guess depends on the price 0.8% or 2.2% difference is quite minor, but certain sizes are expensive. 

I would not rule out the effect on the ABS cos original is close to 1:1 front rear. I went for 4x 19" 255/35 Michelin PA4 (I also had PA4 on the original Lexus wheels in the std sizes)   but my climate is -5 - +17c.. and mostly dry. Cons is they are rated at 72db if I remember and I can hear that.. sniff. But these are the best cold, dry, damp (not wet) tires I have ever used.

DSC03224.JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links