Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Looking for LC500 to buy.

40 minutes ago, Paul29bit said:

Eightk, thank you for that suggestion.  I called  Hedge End and they are now trying to find me the car.  They were helpful so fingers crossed.

I would highly recommend Jake at Listers Cheltenham. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul29bit said:

Eightk, thank you for that suggestion.  I called  Hedge End and they are now trying to find me the car.  They were helpful so fingers crossed.

Good stuff! In the end I didn’t actually buy from them - it was a toss up between two almost identical LCs - the Hedge End sales guy called Dominic that I dealt with was super helpful. I watched the LC market for ages before (and after) buying and Hedge End do seem to get more than their fair share of used LCs. Best of luck - it’ll be worth the effort.

• 4 weeks later...

I am waiting on seeing a car that is just coming in at a dealer I had looking for me.  Can I ask if any members here have the LC500 in Smoky Granite Mica and would you have any photos of that colour?

11 hours ago, Dingle Dell said:

I have just scanned the classifieds, and there's a LC500 Ultimate for sale for 225K. I feel like I have fallen down a deep, deep rabbit hole and ended up somewhere very strange

Erm yes, not for me I don't think.  I do have a new option which I am planning to go and see.  Fingers crossed.

On 9/3/2024 at 11:05 PM, Dingle Dell said:

I have just scanned the classifieds, and there's a LC500 Ultimate for sale for 225K. I feel like I have fallen down a deep, deep rabbit hole and ended up somewhere very strange

Yeah, I saw that yesterday also... Thought the convertible one was overpriced at £138k but guess not now!

I have secured a car guys 🙂

2018 LC500 Sport+, ML and HUD
Smokey Granite Mica

I hope to be able to fly over to UK and drive home later next week or early the following week.

• Like 5

Malc I have not actually seen the car in person but it is being serviced and detailed for me at the minute.  Buying from Lexus UK through their dealer in Lexus Hedge End who were recommended to me on this forum (and who so far have been really good).  I got an underneath and tour video from them which all looked as expected and they took about a half hour with a good camera and sent me images as I requested and as they walked around and in the car.  All very helpful when you can't actually be there in person.  So I have reserved and paid the deposit and I plan on travelling this week all being well.

Very excited to actually see it in person.  I forgot to mention the interior is Dark Rose which although was not my 1st choice, I had to admit it worked better with the Smokey Granite paintwork.

The weekend before I was invited to the Porsche special event in Belfast which had a lot of lovely cars and honestly nothing really turned my head in the same way.  In the past I have been fortunate to own a few Porches and even the new 992 wasn't doing it for me.

So all being well, I should be able to report back within a week.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Paul29bit said:

I have secured a car guys 🙂

2018 LC500 Sport+, ML and HUD
Smokey Granite Mica

I hope to be able to fly over to UK and drive home later next week or early the following week.

That sounds spot on spec wise, so congratulations. Out of interest, what's it going for roughly?

I would prefer not to say specifically but I believe I have got a particularly clean car, with low milage and would appear to have been very well looked after.  A weekend only car.  With that in mind I have agreed to pay more than I wanted to but if the car is as good as the pictures suggest then I don't mind.

All this has to be confirmed once I actually get to see the car in person.

• Like 3

Are you driving her back ……. a one way ferry from …… to  ? 

Have you done this journey before by any chance ! 

being a bit presumptive that the car’s going to be “  just right “  😀

Malc 

I will most likely be going from Fishguard to Rosslair.  I have done this journey before a few years ago bringing a Jaguar XKR back from England.  I am looking forward to spending some time driving the car back.

Ha good news. No pressure on me for recommending Hedge End then! Mica Grey - it’s very glittery in sunlight - and the red interior is a good combo.

Sounds like a great car, the colour combo is one of my favourites. Got my 450h and LC from Hedge End, can't fault them and would be happy to buy from them again if that helps! 

1 hour ago, Paul29bit said:

I will most likely be going from Fishguard to Rosslair.  I have done this journey before a few years ago bringing a Jaguar XKR back from England.  I am looking forward to spending some time driving the car back.

Then it's a very relaxing 3 hrs chill out time, sleep coffee and more sleep on the ferry ........  It's just a long long drive to Fishguard but we know you'll be ultra careful ...........  then the more beautiful drive home from Rosslair hopefully

And you're flying out from  ?   to   ??

Have you bought your one way air ticket yet ?  Maybe avoid BA right now coz they seem to be having horrendous issues all over the place 

Good luck

Malc

Guys, can I ask for some advice please.  Should I be discussing the current Lexus Car Theft issue with the dealer before collection my new car?  Indeed should they already have this sorted?

4 minutes ago, Paul29bit said:

Guys, can I ask for some advice please.  Should I be discussing the current Lexus Car Theft issue with the dealer before collection my new car?  Indeed should they already have this sorted?

an emphatic. YES.  from me 

Malc 

I would definitely ask about the security, there's a tracker and geofence device being fitted to cars at some dealers at least. I'm sure you'll want to know if yours has been done and if not when. If not before you pick it up, then what arrangements are they making?

Hedge End have been super helpful whenever I've had questions or small issues that needed sorting.

I opted to fit a Scorpion canbus immobiliser and S5 Tracker to both mine so not something I've personally asked about.

• Like 1

Yes ...speak to Hedge End about the security devices asap so they have time to order in the parts and fit them.

Hedge End are very good as others have already confirmed.

I'm sure you are more than capable of making your own travel arrangements,but Hedge End is almost within walking distance of Southampton Airport...one junction away on the motorway..and there used to be regular flights to/from Belfast City with FlyBe...I used the route frequently to visit aged parents about 12 years as ago..I guess someone may have taken on the route to replace FlyBe.

Enjoy your new car.

• Like 1

Flew over to Southport early Saturday morning to be picked up at the airport by Lexus of Hedge End.  They were very through in both preparing my car and also detailing, cleaning and making sure it was perfect.  Got the ECU and NAV updated as well as new rears and a service.  They also fitted a Cat5 tracker for me with three years service.

The car is as close to perfect as I could have hoped for.  The 1st 200miles I took it easy and just let the big girl cruise up towards Wales but once we were over the bridge we took what I will call a 'spirited' drive to Port Talbot sea front for a leg stretch and an icecream.

The car never missed a beat and never disappointed.  You guys already know all of this of course.  What else can I say but wow.  I have been privileged enough to own and drive quite a few performance cars over the years and what I wanted from the LC was not another Porsche but something that I could use and enjoy on any given work day in quiet elegance but then also use in anger when the notion grabbed me.  That is exactly what the LC is, a true Jackal and Hyde car in the best way possible.

For 350 miles across England and Wales it averaged 35.2MPG, driving on mostly motorway at around 70-80mph.  Impressive indeed, once in Sport+ mode that number tumbled but every £1 spent on fuel delivered £2 in fun.

The ferry from Fishguard to Rosslair took us overnight and at 6am on Sunday morning I started the 4hour run to home in Armagh Northern Ireland.

I have about 500miles on the car so far and it is something very special.  Many cars offer performance and even tight handling, but very few offer a sense of occasion like the LC.

I don't have any decent photos yet and as well I want to properly clean and detail the car myself, but when I do I will try and get some good photos, not that you other owners need them, because you are all experiencing exactly the same thing that I am.

LC500 Smokey Granite MICA.jpg

LC500 Smokey Granite MICA 2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links