Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Looking for LC500 to buy.

Watching Autotrader, cargurus and other sites every day, I am searching for my perfect spec LC500.  I appreciate that there are not too many up for sale and so I thought I would put a post out and see if it gets any response.  I also understand that in order to actually get a car I will need to be flexible on certain aspects.  With all that in mind this is my perfect spec and would result in immediate purchase.

Ideally 2018 Car or newer

Model Preference in order : Sport Plus, Sport, Standard
Colour Preference in order : Sonic Titanium, Sonic Silver, InfraRed
Milage : Under 30k, 30-40k, consider higher milage if other choices are fulfilled
Interior : Tan, Black & Red, Black (this is a big one, the Tan interior would weigh heavy on my decision)
Nice to haves : ML Sound Upgrade, HUD

I live in Northern Ireland but would be happy to travel to pick up the ideal car.  In short,  if anyone out there has a 2018 Sonic Titanium Sport Plus with 20k and Tan interior for around £50k please sell me it .... please.  Northern Ireland needs this car driving around in it.

Thank you and yes I have reached out to that owner.  The car is a great spec but the alloys are corroded and also kerbed quite badly.  Does anyone know if it is possible to properly refurbish these rims?  I imagine polishing that very unique shape would be a task that may would not attempt.  Replacement rims are super expensive.

You can refurb. It will be a hard to spot the difference. A place in Coventry does it but it was like £600 a corner! 

£600 a corner. No matter how bad the wheels were, I wouldn’t pay that. The world has gone mad.

Surely cheaper to buy a set from the US (where people seem to love changing their cars with aftermarket wheels).

With regards to buying one, just need to be patient and realistic about the price

It’s the chrome finish. Very difficult to get right and requires a polishing process that takes a few hours.

You could just powder coat them a single colour for the usual 100 ish corner but it won’t be or look OEM

18 hours ago, Paul29bit said:

Thank you and yes I have reached out to that owner.  The car is a great spec but the alloys are corroded and also kerbed quite badly.  Does anyone know if it is possible to properly refurbish these rims?  I imagine polishing that very unique shape would be a task that may would not attempt.  Replacement rims are super expensive.

Use it as a negotiation tool then get them done for approx £500 normally. I’ve always thought that solid silver would look good anyway….

2 hours ago, shapiro said:

It’s the chrome finish. Very difficult to get right and requires a polishing process that takes a few hours.

You could just powder coat them a single colour for the usual 100 ish corner but it won’t be or look OEM

The wheels are placed in a vibrating drum full of ball bearings and polishing  liquid for 3 days, this completely removes all the black paint and polishes the whole wheel to a chrome  Finnish, its then masked up and the black paint applied, then a final lacquer, i was told they would need the wheel for 10 days and this was for 1 wheel.

Yes I saw the tan and red yesterday and spoke to the dealer. It is a clean car but no ML sound upgrade. Can I ask those owners that know, how much less the sounding the standard audio is compared to the ML? 

I guess the louder engine due to no GPF will make up for the loss of audio. 

35 minutes ago, Paul29bit said:

Yes I saw the tan and red yesterday and spoke to the dealer. It is a clean car but no ML sound upgrade. Can I ask those owners that know, how much less the sounding the standard audio is compared to the ML? 

I guess the louder engine due to no GPF will make up for the loss of audio. 

I think the overall output is more with the ML system my friend has a RX with the standard system and at normal volume i couldn't tell the difference, possibly a little less base. its only when you crank it up the ML comes into its own.

My LC will probable be up for sale April/ May next year.

I am really starting to like the LC500 at Castle Motors.  Did or does anyone on here own this car?  Could I also just check what the actual annual road tax is on this car as well?  registration AX67HCY

£520 up to 5 years old then £180 from the 6th year

But i am sure the Labour government will have plans to up this

Might I suggest that if you’re concerned over the annual road tax, as an impediment then the purchase of this car might not be quite for you at this time !

Just expect huge uplifts in Road Tax, Fuel Tax, EV taxes too …… absolutely anything and everything to do with cars ……. there’ll be no stone left unturned to grasp whatever £££  is possible from the motorist …….. we’re ridiculously wealthy compared to those impoverished ……. needing Foodbanks  Clothesbanks  Govt controlled new  BritishEnergy low prices …….  to keep those in deep hardship ongoing and fit and healthy ………. and able to enjoy the inflation busting 5.5% pay rises that all Govt style workers are likely to get 

Got to be paid for eh ! so hammer the ( Lexus especially ) well off motorist  🤣😂

Malc 

On 7/19/2024 at 11:15 PM, shapiro said:

You can refurb. It will be a hard to spot the difference. A place in Coventry does it but it was like £600 a corner

Diverse Automotive Technicians

OK it was about 3 yrs ago but a place in Adlington Lancashire did 4 alloys - proper job, powder coated in the oven etc for £60 each!!!  Still looking perfect. I would still expect a fair price today maybe?

DA Techs
Unit 21 Adlington South Business Park
Huyton Road
Adlington
Chorley
PR7 4JR

• Like 2

Are these maybe specific Diamond Cut wheels that cannot be dipped and powder coated ordinarily like what we ‘as done at say £65 a corner ! ??? 
Malc 

• 2 weeks later...

Malc1  I wasn't concerned about the road tax amount, just trying to clear up a question on the difference in road tax I was seeing.  I missed out on the Red LC500 at Castle Motors by 2 hours.  I am still looking.

There is a 60k + Sonic Silver LC500 for sale at the minute with red and black interior but the same car was for sale just a few months ago.  I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of it or why it is being sold so quickly after its last sale?

• Like 1

Could I also ask owners if there are any breaks in the read screen brake light, or is it all one piece of plastic/trim across the rear window?

25 minutes ago, Paul29bit said:

Could I also ask owners if there are any breaks in the read screen brake light, or is it all one piece of plastic/trim across the rear window?

The center section is brake light with plastic trim to the left and right. There is a break/gap at either end of the light section. Hope that makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Paul29bit said:

Thank you Simon, that explains an image of the rear high brake light which looked like it had a split in it.

No worries. Happy to help anyone get into an LC. I’m a big fan. 

4 hours ago, Paul29bit said:

There is a huge lack of LC 500 available to buy.  Patiently waiting on some to come up.  The wait is a struggle.

It'd be worth speaking to dealers direct - mine is Stockport and I know they've had at least one LC come in and then go straight out again without ever getting advertised - they did have a waiting list a while back. Hedge End seem to get quite a few in too, relatively speaking.

Eightk, thank you for that suggestion.  I called  Hedge End and they are now trying to find me the car.  They were helpful so fingers crossed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links