Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

All 4 Tyres have different pressures?

Our Jaguar XF R-Sport indicated which wheel had caused the TPMS to light up. Made it easier to locate the problem.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 7:09 PM, CT200NI said:

Just watched a Car Care Nut video. Some interesting discoveries about the Toyota TPMS system...

1. The system triggers a low pressure warning when it's 6psi below the acceptable pressure. 

US vehicles conform to a different standard (not that 6 psi is correct in the US anyway).

For a UK vehicle, conforming to ECE-R64 Legal Regulations, it should warn at 20% below the set pressure or a rapid drop (within a few minutes) greater than 2.9 psi.

3 hours ago, Poundy said:

Our Jaguar XF R-Sport indicated which wheel had caused the TPMS to light up. Made it easier to locate the problem.

Unfortunately the CT only has a single receiver so it cannot position each of the TPMS valves. Other models, such as GS and RX, have two that allow it to determine the wheel position so you get pressure reading for each wheel - e.g.

image.png.25f9da6229fa5f7e606f7f2deedec362.png

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

US vehicles conform to a different standard (not that 6 psi is correct in the US anyway).

For a UK vehicle, conforming to ECE-R64 Legal Regulations, it should warn at 20% below the set pressure or a rapid drop (within a few minutes) greater than 2.9 psi.

That's good to know. I think he might have mentioned that it can be changed via the dealers computer in any case - but not sure why anyone would want to do that.  I'd be surprised if he was wrong (knowingly) 

I thought the post that said doing a reset on the CT reset button did it to the pressure at that time, and not to the manufacturers default pressure was interesting. By that I presume we need to inflate to the correct manufacture setting before pressing reset. Of course if we inflate in error to the wrong pressure before pressing the reset. The warning will be coming on telling  us to inflate tyres to the wrong pressure, hmm!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Poundy said:

I thought the post that said doing a reset on the CT reset button did it to the pressure at that time, and not to the manufacturers default pressure was interesting. By that I presume we need to inflate to the correct manufacture setting before pressing reset. Of course if we inflate in error to the wrong pressure before pressing the reset. The warning will be coming on telling  us to inflate tyres to the wrong pressure, hmm!

You set it to your desired pressure. No issue deviating away from the recommendation if you load your vehicle, travel at high speed, change your wheel/tyre size from standard etc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links