Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

That CarWow buying concept seems amazing …….. I’d never heard before …….. but I doubt I’d ever get old enough, nor my Lexii either,  to buy myself a brand new car 😅

Well done and keep us updated please as your new steed arrives ok 👍

Malc 

• Like 2

Was a pleasant read, nicely articulated and reasoning provided. Happy with your choice, at the end of the day, you keep loyal to the Toyota brand. That says a lot. Enjoy your experience and keep us informed here. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And it also opens another discussion. LBX vs CHR.

Without testdrive i would prefer the chr it just looks great and is a bigger car. The lbx is very expensive for what it is

what do you think?

2 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

And it also opens another discussion. LBX vs CHR.

Without testdrive i would prefer the chr it just looks great and is a bigger car. The lbx is very expensive for what it is

what do you think?

Having done both, albeit LBX a couple of months ago…

- LBX has a nicer interior, no doubt about that

- CH-R is more keenly priced (including finance rates and discounts)

- CH-R is slightly larger and feels like a bigger car on the road (but there’s not much in it imho)

- LBX is noisier based on my experience, and felt less refined which is surprising for a Lexus, but then again it is half a class below the CH-R

- Rear space is tight in both, CH-R felt darker but actually seemed to have more legroom based on my driving position

- Subjectively the CH-R is better looking. It certainly has more bells and whistles model for model.

What Car? compared both and chose the LBX as superior. I came to a different conclusion. I think it’s very close, and different people will come to different conclusions based on their own preferences and perceptions. The only thing I would say is that after 2xNX300h and 1xRX450h I really wanted to stay with Lexus, but the LBX just didn’t excite or convince me as I thought it would…it just felt a bit…cynical perhaps, especially the pricing. The LBX is based on the Yaris Cross, whereas the CH-R is (I believe) based on the Prius/Corolla platform…and you can tell imho.

I think this is a case of ‘you pay your money, you make your choice.’

Should add, on a 42 month PCP the LBX Takumi FWD was £100pm - yes you read that right - more than the CH-R Excel FWD. That’s a huge margin and just doesn’t feel justifiable to me.

• Like 4

One final note on this thread, for interest - how the various dealers from whom I didn’t buy a car reacted. I won’t name brands but there have been some distinct differences. I contacted all of them by email with my decision with thanks for their time and brief rationale for my choice.

Most simply replied thanking me for letting them know, wishing me well with the CH-R and hoping they can sell me a car in the future. Fair enough. 

One asked for a telephone call - which I obliged. He wasn’t trying to change my mind (he never mentioned that at all) but genuinely wanted to understand the drive vs the price/deal against that he had offered - essentially the deciding factors and whether he had done anything ‘wrong’ or could have done anything better apart from a cheaper price. 

One Sales Manager called me to ask specifics about his salesman and how he had performed. Have to be honest, that felt like there was another agenda, but was happy to report salesman had been very thorough, polite and helpful. 

Finally - I guess there had to be one - sent an email expressing ‘surprise’ that I could have chosen a Toyota over ‘…a premium product at about the same price.’ Ouch 😂

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links