Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Guys,

Some advice please. Got a new NX450h and I keep getting the back step out. Tyres all good a new etc. I notice you can switch the all wheel drive on off, and it works intelligently? Is that correct?

When does this occur?

I know the NX is not a sports car but I have found that it handles reasonably well for a big SUV.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scotlex said:

When does this occur?

I know the NX is not a sports car but I have found that it handles reasonably well for a big SUV.

Slow speed mate. Roundabouts and corners etc. It's really odd...

I would get your Lexus dealer to check your car.

I'm still quite new to the NX but at slow speed, faster speed or even in the rain I haven't had a problem..

• Like 2

No issues with mine either, feel very confident in the corners, so I would get it checked out.  What you describe is what you could feel with a flat tyre, but you said they are all fine so something is not right.

The switch you are referring to is probably the Trail mode switch which should only be used as below.  Page 235 of the manual.

image.thumb.png.293b6ed33d7bae7465ce1eeaba6b172c.png

As far as I know you cannot switch the AWD off, it activates as and when required.  Looking at the AWD screen I am surprised how much it uses all four wheels, I thought it would just be when the surface was slippery, but it uses it when pulling away from a standstill even at modest speeds then cuts off once up to speed.

3 hours ago, Dan007 said:

If only. Its at slow speed. 

Nothing like loose wheel bolts?  When did you start noticing the problem? Any work done ? Not hit any large potholes?

22 hours ago, stepppy said:

No issues with mine either, feel very confident in the corners, so I would get it checked out.  What you describe is what you could feel with a flat tyre, but you said they are all fine so something is not right.

The switch you are referring to is probably the Trail mode switch which should only be used as below.  Page 235 of the manual.

image.thumb.png.293b6ed33d7bae7465ce1eeaba6b172c.png

As far as I know you cannot switch the AWD off, it activates as and when required.  Looking at the AWD screen I am surprised how much it uses all four wheels, I thought it would just be when the surface was slippery, but it uses it when pulling away from a standstill even at modest speeds then cuts off once up to speed.

Cheers. Have looked at the AWD button too, tried that. As you say, slightly odd as I have the screen on to monitor the use of AWD, and its concerning how often the car relies on it. Assume that cant be great for fuel consumption too...

21 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Nothing like loose wheel bolts?  When did you start noticing the problem? Any work done ? Not hit any large potholes?

Funny you mention, had its first service a few weeks back. I am going to contact the dealer today and report the issue. That said, frightening that its had a recall already, came with no locking wheel nuts or spare key due to shortages...

1 hour ago, Dan007 said:

Cheers. Have looked at the AWD button too, tried that. As you say, slightly odd as I have the screen on to monitor the use of AWD, and its concerning how often the car relies on it. Assume that cant be great for fuel consumption too...

No worries about fuel consumption on mine.  

I came from 7 years in a Gen 4 Prius so I thought I would maybe get 40mpg, but I get anywhere from low 50's to high 60's depending on journey of course.  My average for this  month is currently sat at 54.6mpg which is amazing.  I know there may be discrepancies in real to computer, but comparing Prius trip computer, to NX trip computer figures I am amazed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Could be wheel alignment, I had an Audi that handled terribly after a recall to fix something in rear axles, the wheel alignment was all to pot…

My 450h+ is excellent round corners. It's no sports car but you didn't buy it for that reason did you? 

You can't turn off the AWD, it's controlled by microcomputers and detects wheel slippage applying traction control as and when required. Yes it's quite often, but that's a good thing. You could have opted for lower variants if you didn't want AWD? I've had x2 Audi 3.0 Quattro's with x4 wheel drive and the Lexus is also just fine.

My fuel consumption for the month of July to date is currently 151.1mpg and the current Total Average is 87.8 mpg. I've now done, as of today, coincidentally 11,111 miles. This includes my son putting on circa 1,000 miles on a holiday trip to Cornwall and he didn't once recharge the Battery externally. It was circa 100mpg total average overall so I'm slowly getting it back up towards that figure. For the size of the car and engine performance you can't beat it!20240727_134023.thumb.jpg.b35d6b05b7634b59dc8d8ce20f6e51c2.jpg

On 7/17/2024 at 8:45 AM, Dan007 said:

As you say, slightly odd as I have the screen on to monitor the use of AWD, and its concerning how often the car relies on it. Assume that cant be great for fuel consumption too

It uses AWD for stability, performance and economy. The fact that it is using both motors rather than the engine means it is more efficient.

I'd recommend you ask your dealer to take out another 450h+ for a quick test drive so you can understand if it is a problem with just your vehicle. Certainly no one else has posted a similar experience to yourself on these forums.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links